Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Thinking about it, I doubt Mon will be based on the Bendis version because for 1 that would make Kara his distant ancestor (so kinda incest) and 2 he'd be the father of multiple kids

Hell Mon had a major role in the Supergirl show as a Daxamite, so I'm not sure why Bendis would supersede that

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Thinking about it, I doubt Mon will be based on the Bendis version because for 1 that would make Kara his distant ancestor (so kinda incest) and 2 he'd be the father of multiple kids

Hell Mon had a major role in the Supergirl show as a Daxamite, so I'm not sure why Bendis would supersede that
    He didn’t watch the show, in fact he said he was shocked at how many people hated Mon because of all of the shipping wars surrounding the CW Supergirl show. I agree that it’s unlikely Mon is a descendant of Kal and Jon in this incarnation given how he seems to be positioned in a love triangle with Kara and Brainiac. I actually prefer Mon being a descendant however, I just think it’s simpler. The reason Bendis changed his backstory was probably because it’s needlessly confusing to have a guy named “Mon-El” who is actually neither an El nor even Kryptonian. Bendis just cut the continuity knot and made things straightforward. Of course this is the Legion, and what would the Legion be without convoluted ass continuity?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He didn’t watch the show, in fact he said he was shocked at how many people hated Mon because of all of the shipping wars surrounding the CW Supergirl show. I agree that it’s unlikely Mon is a descendant of Kal and Jon in this incarnation given how he seems to be positioned in a love triangle with Kara and Brainiac. I actually prefer Mon being a descendant however, I just think it’s simpler. The reason Bendis changed his backstory was probably because it’s needlessly confusing to have a guy named “Mon-El” who is actually neither an El nor even Kryptonian. Bendis just cut the continuity knot and made things straightforward. Of course this is the Legion, and what would the Legion be without convoluted ass continuity?
    I wonder if they'll actually address it here. The TV show never bothered .

Ultimate Member

Of course this is the Legion, and what would the Legion be without convoluted ass continuity?
    Ah, so it's to be convoluted? You heard it here first, the new Mon-El will be the child of Hawkman and Donna Troy!

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Ah, so it's to be convoluted? You heard it here first, the new Mon-El will be the child of Hawkman and Donna Troy!
    Still will be less confusing than Valor and M'onel and which one's which version of Lar Gand.

Call old school but I really like the classic Mon-El.
    Also a Mon-El who is descendant of Superman lacks any drama than the 1000 years phantom zone prisioner.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if they'll actually address it here. The TV show never bothered .
    Probably not. He’ll just be a Daxamite fanboy of Superman I bet.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I was saying in my DC Animated movie discussion thread. Have we missed a step?

This new animated universe only started 2 years ago.

So far, we've have a Superman origin story, JSA movie, Batman two-parter, and a Green Lantern movie. Now we're doing the Legion and the Kryptonian Supergirl saga. Are the creatives in a rush at DC?

They formed a new JL off-screen between JSA and Green Lantern Beware My Power. I don't see the point of it all. Why end the old continuity if its back to business as usual with the new one?

Also, is there any validity to the suspected COIE animated movie rumors?

They don’t want to repeat stuff we’ve already seen in the old animated universe so they’re skipping over stuff like seeing the JL form.

We were supposed to get CoIE in 2023, with Hamada leaving, his plans for Crisis scrapped, and the new slate replacing it I don’t think there’s any chance we’ll be seeing an animated adaption. Not any time soon anyway.

I love Kara's face here .

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

They don’t want to repeat stuff we’ve already seen in the old animated universe so they’re skipping over stuff like seeing the JL form.

We were supposed to get CoIE in 2023, with Hamada leaving, his plans for Crisis scrapped, and the new slate replacing it I don’t think there’s any chance we’ll be seeing an animated adaption. Not any time soon anyway.
    Well that's comforting. At this pace, the Tomorrowverse would do COIE and use it to introduce a whole stadium full a characters and have them summarily killed off in a two-parter. I feels like they are just taking shots in the dark and not doing anything cohesive.

With the old continuity, they were primed for a 3rd and 4th Titans film or even a GL Blackest Night two-parter. At least Barry got to enjoy half a movie in JSA. His last central role was in Flashpoint. There had been no GL movie since First Flight back in 2009. Shame they treated Hal like a disposable chump though.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I love Kara's face here .
    She has the Dreamworks smirk

And here’s the other animated film Supes will be in, JL x RWYB:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...st-1235282477/

And here’s the other animated film Supes will be in, JL x RWYB:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...st-1235282477/
    Looks like they are adapting the comic with the characters inserted into the World of RWBY.