Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Campbell doing good work these days. Nice to see stuff like Mary Marvel & the Legion just coming out

but Man does B5 need his signature hair if not he looks too much like his ancestor and this image can't not make think anything other then
    "Why is Brainiac trying to seduce Supergirl with his metallic pecs"

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Sounds pretty good. I'm assuming given that this is the Tomorrowverse, Clark didn't have Superboy adventures with them... but it's certainly possible he did as Superman between movies. There are gaps between the films. All I ask is he has history with them.

Between this, MAWS and the Mary Marvel book, Campbell's name is one I'm going to start looking for in DC stuff. Superman/Lois romance show, Mary Marvel and the Legion? She has good taste.
    He may have. There was a big time skip in MoT between when he was a child and when he was an adult intern starting at the Daily Planet. Could easily say he had adventures with them as a teen.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

He may have. There was a big time skip in MoT between when he was a child and when he was an adult intern starting at the Daily Planet. Could easily say he had adventures with them as a teen.
    Especially if they mind wipe him to protect the timeline..

But after having him rip off Batman for his costume (inverting history), I only trust the Tomorrowverse so much.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Thoughts:

- That image of Kara looks gorgeous. Also that Brianiac 5 is holding her tight...this is totally a romance.

- A Disney star playing Supergirl feels so hilarious to me.

- Darren Criss and Jensen Ackles' Batman finally meet! Still no Earth-1 Wonder Woman, I guess they're saving that for Warworld. Also the return of Matt Bomer's Barry!

- Josie Campbell, big Supergirl fan, gets to write a Supergirl movie.

- It sounds like they're combining Kara's time with the Legion with her New 52 Space Academy arc. I think the Dark Circle is from there? I could be wrong.

- So how do all the Brainiacs work? Are they like Brainiac 5's brothers? How do they work with Brainiac 1.0 who is in the movie? Are they just there for a sequence detailing how Brainy ended up being how he is today?

- Jennifer Hale as Alura means Krypton flashbacks.

- Omhigod. Yuri Lowenthal is Mon-El. The guy who played two cartoon Superman's on the Legion cartoon is playing Mon-El in a Legion movie.

- I wonder if the Legionnaires will match the races of their VA's. Daisy Lightfoot is black, so will Triplicate Girl be? Hispanic Cosmic Boy? Asian Shadow Lass? Robbie Daymond is Native American, so will Timber Wolf be?

- I expect Cosmic Boy is running the academy which is why Lightning and Saturn Girl aren't in it.

Looks like they’re going to pair Kara and Brainiac 5 together. Will Kara choose to stay in the future like her DCAU counterpart did I wonder? I’d like to have her in the present with the occasional trip to the Legion era.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Thoughts:

- That image of Kara looks gorgeous. Also that Brianiac 5 is holding her tight...this is totally a romance.
    That is seems to be the heart (pun) of the movie

- A Disney star playing Supergirl feels so hilarious to me.
    LIfe is full of weird twists.

- Darren Criss and Jensen Ackles' Batman finally meet! Still no Earth-1 Wonder Woman, I guess they're saving that for Warworld. Also the return of Matt Bomer's Barry!
    I suppose soon we will news about that too.

- Josie Campbell, big Supergirl fan, gets to write a Supergirl movie.
    Let's hope she remembers this is also a movie about the Legion.

- It sounds like they're combining Kara's time with the Legion with her New 52 Space Academy arc. I think the Dark Circle is from there? I could be wrong.
    Dunno, could have some elements of them. Only remember than in the New52 Space Academy, there was a corruption in the heart of that institution. I wish not the same for the legion. But I agree than some element freely used can pop on the movie.

- So how do all the Brainiacs work? Are they like Brainiac 5's brothers? How do they work with Brainiac 1.0 who is in the movie? Are they just there for a sequence detailing how Brainy ended up being how he is today?
    It is the Genealogy thing. Brainiac prime fathered Vril Dox (unoffcial Brainiac Dox) father of Lyrl Dox (Brainiac 3) possible father of Brainiac 4 who will spawn Brainiac 5. At least in the comics lore. In movies, who knows if they will respect the source or not.

- Jennifer Hale as Alura means Krypton flashbacks.
    It is going to see interesting to be.

- Omhigod. Yuri Lowenthal is Mon-El. The guy who played two cartoon Superman's on the Legion cartoon is playing Mon-El in a Legion movie.
    The Daxamite Mon-El, we hope.

- I wonder if the Legionnaires will match the races of their VA's. Daisy Lightfoot is black, so will Triplicate Girl be? Hispanic Cosmic Boy? Asian Shadow Lass? Robbie Daymond is Native American, so will Timber Wolf be?
    I am not versed in voice actors from USA son, it is Cynthia Hamidi native as Dawnstar? That could give you an idea of what to expéct. But that for me is kind weird, like saying voices have colors.

- I expect Cosmic Boy is running the academy which is why Lightning and Saturn Girl aren't in it.
    I just want to this movie to have zero Bendis influence.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Looks like they’re going to pair Kara and Brainiac 5 together. Will Kara choose to stay in the future like her DCAU counterpart did I wonder? I’d like to have her in the present with the occasional trip to the Legion era.
    They're totally setting up Brainy to be the standoffish and rude Shojo love interest who inevitably falls for Kara. It'll be a high school romcom .

I don't expect her to permanently stay in the future. Probably once she graduates she goes back to Earth. Or she'll go back and forth like she and Clark used to do.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I'm reminded that my favorite design for Brainiac 5 is still from the Legion cartoon, especially for his more robotic apperance and techno eyes. I think he also has better hair there.

Plus he has a pretty cool battle form

I kind of like Brainiac 5 looking more like his evil ancestor. It will definitely create more tension and unease with Superman since Kara’s new boyfriend resembles the Collector of Worlds.

It feels so full-circle that James Tucker suggested Mon-El for season 2 of the Legion cartoon and we got Superman X instead...and now Superman X is playing Mon-El.

Also we've got at least three established Legion couples possibly in this movie...Kara and Brainy is obvious, but also Triplicate Girl and Bouncing Boy, as well as Mon-El and Shadow Lass. Phantom Girl is just missing Ultra Boy and Dawnstar is missing Wildfire.

Long live the legion!!!

Looks like they did adapt some of the Bendis/Sook designs. I’m guessing Kara will have a love triangle with Mon and Brainiac
    Last edited by Vordan; 11-16-2022 at 12:02 PM.

Looks like they did adapt some of the Bendis/Sook designs. I’m guessing Kara will have a love triangle with Mon and Brainiac
    Looks like a lot of fun!

- Meg Donnely sounds fantastic as Kara! Also, the skirt and boots (which actually have heels)! Supergirl looks amazing!

- The designs look like they're drawing from a lot of different influences (and some of the Legionnaires are changed to reflect their actors). Some Legionnaires (specifically Bouncing Boy and I think Dawnstar) have their recent Ryan Sook redesigns while others have more traditional looks (Triplicate Girl, Saturn Girl, etc.). Weirdly Cosmic Boy looks white instead of Asian while Lightning Lad is black...and Princess Projectra is using her Sensor Girl design.

- I love that Arm Fall Off Boy seems to be a semi-prominent character in this.

- Looks like the main Legion is actually missing? I wonder if that'll be resolved in the movie.

- Now I think I understand why they didn't give Brainy hair, so he'd look like the more unconventional (and less attractive) love interest compared to Mon-El which means he's actually going to be the winner .

- Of course Batman is calling out Supergirl. Like the guy didn't just bungle his way through his own movie duology.

- Shadow Lass seems like a senior Legionnaire which makes me wonder if they might tease anything between her and Mon-El.

- Solomon Grundy shooting a frikkin' laser gun .

Given the Bendis visual influence, all I can say is that Cosmic Boy better be working class and Mon-El better be a fucking Daxamite.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."