Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Not sure if it’s Metallo (though that was my first thought too) but it could be Lex in his warsuit.
    I think if it was Lex it would be green and more humanoid. The Kryptonite chest and how robotic it is screams Metallo.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Adams claimed it will but he could be lying or plans could change. With Crisis though they can reboot the Tomorrowverse to be whatever they want, whether to tie in with the Gunnverse or just bring back old characters.
    What do you mean rebooting to tie to the Gunnverse? Corenswet's Superman replacing Darren Criss' in the universe?

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I wonder what (if any) implications this three-parter will have on the Tomorrowverse. Will that continuity persist?
    As I said weeks ago over the DC board, I think they'll "merge" multiple Earths like in the original Crisis to fold more heroes into the main DC earth in the finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I think they'll follow the basic story, splitting 4 of the 12 issues x each animated part.

Part 1: Anti-Monitor destroys multiple earths, while Monitor recruits different heroes to fight back. Monitor is killed.

Part 2: The remaining heroes from the destroyed worlds are in a limbo universe created by Monitor before he died. Anti-Monitor attacks the limbo universe but Flash and Supergirl kick his ass.

Part 3: Final multiverse battle vs the anti-monitor, the multiverse gets restored and everyone get back where they belong. They could introduce Ted Kord, Vic Sage, Billy Batson, etc. as heroes from different earths in Part 1 and fold them into the main DC earth at the end of Part 3 to follow how they originally got there via Crisis. Heck, while at it, add too the Wildstorm heroes.
    We already saw Ted Kord in the trailer. He has to end up in the Tomorrowverse via cosmic rewrite, c'mon.

I wonder what (if any) implications this three-parter will have on the Tomorrowverse. Will that continuity persist?
    So far unless plan change the people in charge didn't say anything about crisis being the last movie. And one of them in
    Butch seems to have hinted for Batman movie

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I think new gods and superman arc is best superman has to offer.It's kinda cool how it rips apart superman's need for acceptance and playing the knight for people.When in fact true superman and the real good in clark comes out in pursuit of dan turpan's murderer..
    "If you wouldn't be my knight,you would be my pawn"
    "A pariah desperately chasing after favor of a world that cursed your name"
    Darkseid really understands that clark... That's why real clark comes out in front of him.The guy at the funeral.And the end of justice we see clark kinda getting darkseid and what his temptation are yet genuinely going different route.They kinda substituted orion though.
    "My wayward son!!"(darkseid calling clark)
    I think the show had was good and had it's moments.
    "In the end,the world didn't need a Superman...just a brave one"
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-24-2023 at 01:44 AM.
    "Peopleís Dreams... Have No Ends"

So we can also talk about My Adventures with Superman here ?

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    So we can also talk about My Adventures with Superman here ?
    I don't see why not .

Crisis Prime(r): The filmmakers reveal in detail their intricate plan to create a comprehensive animated universe across seven films, concluding with the events of the three-part adaptation Justice League Crisis on Infinite Earths.
    https://www.ign.com/articles/justice...ease-date-clip

Looks like the Tomorrowverse ends with Crisis. Starting in 2025 we will probably see DC Animation switch to focusing on stuff for the Gunnverse, with the occasional Elseworld. My question is if they will continue to make DTVs or if they’re going to cut back on that? They don’t seem to bring in as much money as they used to and clearly the budget for these has been cut to hell.
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Gunn seems planning to make theatrical animated movies tied to his DCU and the DTV animated films are meant to continue:

On whether the animated movies from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment will continue…

Gunn:
    We’re dealing with all that. Some of that stuff will continue as Elseworlds, but a lot of other stuff we’re starting to bring into animation with (Warner Bros. Animation President) Sam Register so that we’ll have things that are connected with this. I think there have been a lot of really marvelous DC cartoons, so we’re going to keep moving forward with that.
    https://www.dc.com/blog/2023/01/31/j...ew-dc-universe

I would have just one curiosity: is WB sticking with the long format animated DC movies after this, and if they do will they also connect to the DCU or will remain separate entities (DC Elseworlds) ?

Gunn:
    Yes and we’re doing both.
    https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status...95971588935680

But can we expect theatrical animated projects for the universe in the future or nah?

Gunn:
    Yes
    https://www.threads.net/@jamesgunn/post/CvXnlA8PFAz
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 12-05-2023 at 08:20 AM.

https://www.ign.com/articles/justice...ease-date-clip

Looks like the Tomorrowverse ends with Crisis. Starting in 2025 we will probably see DC Animation switch to focusing on stuff for the Gunnverse, with the occasional Elseworld. My question is if they will continue to make DTVs or if they’re going to cut back on that? They don’t seem to bring in as much money as they used to and clearly the budget for these has been cut to hell.
    I've seen them mentioning doing a Batfamily film so I don't think they're going to end it entirely.

So if the Gunn-verse tanks with general audiences, we're going to be saddled with an animated universe connected to a cinematic universe nobody's interested in.

Yeah, I'm being purposefully cynical about this sort of synergy. I don't see it as the right way to go because part of the reason I enjoyed these movies was that they could stand independently.

EDIT: On the other hand, if ideas from Gunn's big-budget universe are going to be incorporated into these movies, maybe the movies will also have bigger production values.
    Last edited by DochaDocha; 12-05-2023 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I've seen them mentioning doing a Batfamily film so I don't think they're going to end it entirely.
    Plans can always change, especially if these things haven’t been selling well.

So if the Gunn-verse tanks with general audiences, we're going to be saddled with an animated universe connected to a cinematic universe nobody's interested in.

Yeah, I'm being purposefully cynical about this sort of synergy. I don't see it as the right way to go because part of the reason I enjoyed these movies was that they could stand independently.

EDIT: On the other hand, if ideas from Gunn's big-budget universe are going to be incorporated into these movies, maybe the movies will also have bigger production values.
    Flip side I guess is the interest in these things has already been declining hard. Tomorrowverse couldn’t even get a hardcore audience like the DCAMU did, and another shakeup seems to have been needed.
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Yeah if Gunn actually serious about making animated films and gives them a bigger budget for better visual effects, that could probably lead to something beneficial.

It at least be a leg up over Marvel who barely does animated stuff at all.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I'm iffy about having the animated universe built around the Gunn-verse. If a good chunk of people don't like his new universe, it would be a good idea to have a "back up" universe for them.
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I'm iffy about having the animated universe built around the Gunn-verse. If a good chunk of people don't like his new universe, it would be a good idea to have a "back up" universe for them.
    I think most animated shows part of the new verse likely wont even begin animation until after Legacy comes out.