Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Finally sat down and watched LoSH. As usual for these kinds of movies it felt a bit overstuffed, but I loved Kara and Brainiac’s relationship, and hope that’s not the last we see if those two. spoilers:
    Poor Mon-El just keeps being public enemy number 1 ever since the CW huh? Good thing I don’t care about him too much or I’d be rather upset at him being the villain here.
    end of spoilers
    Given that this is now the third time they've pulled this twist, you'd think someone involved with the making of these DTVs would understand that it's no longer shocking and just incredibly dull.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Given that this is now the third time they've pulled this twist, you'd think someone involved with the making of these DTVs would understand that it's no longer shocking and just incredibly dull.
    At this point it makes me feel like the writers are doing it completely deliberately because of how the characters are viewed by the main characters' fandom.

spoilers:
    John Stewart gets a solo animated film? Well, Hal Jordan has to be the villain!

Supergirl gets to lead an animated film? Let's make Mon-El a false romantic interest and a villain!
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Looks pretty good to me .

Bouncing Boy sounds a lot like his VA from the Legion cartoon.
    Hey, I actually don't mind the Filmation shows from the 1960s, but I expect much better than this level of animation in today's age.

It has to be fallout from the CW show because nobody cared about Mon enough to use him at all prior to his showing up there. I personally don’t care about Mon at all, so it doesn’t bother me how he’s being used, but I feel for fans of him.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

It has to be fallout from the CW show because nobody cared about Mon enough to use him at all prior to his showing up there. I personally don’t care about Mon at all, so it doesn’t bother me how he’s being used, but I feel for fans of him.
    Hal Jordan fans can relate .

I like Mon-El, those shippers blew things way out of proportion. He wasn't anywhere near as toxic as they kept insisting that he was. They just didn't like him because he "got in the way" of Kara dating Jimmy, and then eventually Lena, when the show first started they shipped Kara with her sister. I don't have a problem with shipping as a whole, but it isn't activism.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I like Mon-El, those shippers blew things way out of proportion. He wasn't anywhere near as toxic as they kept insisting that he was. They just didn't like him because he "got in the way" of Kara dating Jimmy, and then eventually Lena, when the show first started they shipped Kara with her sister. I don't have a problem with shipping as a whole, but it isn't activism.
    Oh the SuperCorp shippers were nuts as you’d expect from Twitter/Tumblr
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

This Mon-El is an actual resident of the 31st century, right? So we could say he's not the actual Mon-El Lar Gand.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

I like the RWBY designs for Superman and the others. It's cool seeing Vixen in RWBY form.

Astonishing Member

Being that I most dropped Supergirl after Mon-El left, I'm obviously not the core audience. But I liked Mon-El -- and he and Supergirl has great chemistry. There was no obvious chemistry with Jimmy who was poorly cast in the role. The actor is much better on Law & Order. No idea why people were shipping Supergirl with Lena. That was never going to happen -- and I'm glad it didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Being that I most dropped Supergirl after Mon-El left, I'm obviously not the core audience. But I liked Mon-El -- and he and Supergirl has great chemistry. There was no obvious chemistry with Jimmy who was poorly cast in the role. The actor is much better on Law & Order. No idea why people were shipping Supergirl with Lena. That was never going to happen -- and I'm glad it didn't.
    To the point the actors playing them actually got married in real life!

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    "Because a Super and a Luthor being a couple would be totally cool and unexpected!" Said people who weren't even born when Smallville was on the air. There's a ton of Clark x Lex fanfiction out there. There are people (mostly terminally online teens and twenty-somethings) who legit believe that shipping fictional characters is a form of political activism. I can't tell if they actually care about LGBT people or if they fetishize them. It's funny you mention Mechad Brooks, because when Jimmy dated Lena, these so called "progressives" got really angry and threw a ton of racist vitriol at him.

To the point the actors playing them actually got married in real life!
    They also have a child together.

"Because a Super and a Luthor being a couple would be totally cool and unexpected!" Said people who weren't even born when Smallville was on the air. There's a ton of Clark x Lex fanfiction out there. There are people (mostly terminally online teens and twenty-somethings) who legit believe that shipping fictional characters is a form of political activism. I can't tell if they actually care about LGBT people or if they fetishize them. It's funny you mention Mechad Brooks, because when Jimmy dated Lena, these so called "progressives" got really angry and threw a ton of racist vitriol at him.
    They never paid enough attention to Jimmy Olsen's sister fetish on that show.

Because he literally dated the sister or sister equivalent of three people he knew on that show.
    They also have a child together.
    There's actually probably a legit and heartwarming IRL love story between the two when you realize Melissa was stuck in an abusive and unhappy marriage before she met Chris and they hit it off after meeting on the show to where they are now.

It is quite tragic how the series had an openly gay character and an openly trans character in its main cast, included a heartfelt lesbian wedding in its finale, and was still dismissed as queerbait by the fandom. All because the two women they desperately wanted to hook up did not. The show sucked though, so I can't say I feel sorry. Kind of funny how that is its only legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    It is quite tragic how the series had an openly gay character and an openly trans character in its main cast, included a heartfelt lesbian wedding in its finale, and was still dismissed as queerbait by the fandom. All because the two women they desperately wanted to hook up did not. The show sucked though, so I can't say I feel sorry. Kind of funny how that is its only legacy.
    Shipping can be a dangerous thing...