Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132 LastLast

I didn't think DC would overdo a story more than they did the Death of Superman, but here comes Flashpoint to prove me wrong. There have got to be some kids thinking that Flash's trademark is time travel instead of speed.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I didn't think DC would overdo a story more than they did the Death of Superman, but here comes Flashpoint to prove me wrong. There have got to be some kids thinking that Flash's trademark is time travel instead of speed.
    Sadly a common cliche where Flash is concerned these days. Clark and Diana break bad, Batman dies, the Flash screws up time, and no one else even gets solo movies.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Think of it this way, the original universe was the pre-Flashpoint universe and now technically those versions have been rebooted and recast three times since then .
    From what I recall, Flashpoint Paradox was a faux-reboot. The universe that got changed at the end wasn't a pre-existent DC animated continuity. The characters who ended up with different costumes and voices never appeared in any animated projects before Flashpoint Paradox.

Astonishing Member

It always seemed to me that Under the Red Hood/Public Enemies/Apocalypse/Crisis on Two Earths/Doom were part of the same continuity, followed by Flashpoint and DCAMU. But I guess it's more like head canon.

Superman/Batman: Apocalypse was connected to Superman/Batman: Public Enemies, Crisis on Two Earths and Doom were tied to each others, but the other DC animated films were unconnected standalone. Before Flashpoint Paradox, there wasn't a real resemblance of continuity: adapting TDKR, All-Star or Public Enemies was kind of the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    It was basically a meme of the Flash show of how Barry (and his family) love screwing with the timeline).
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    From what I recall, Flashpoint Paradox was a faux-reboot. The universe that got changed at the end wasn't a pre-existent DC animated continuity. The characters who ended up with different costumes and voices never appeared in any animated projects before Flashpoint Paradox.
    But it was technically the starting point for the original DCAMU because that's what lead to that version of the DCU being created like how the New 52 came out of Post-Crisis Flashpoint.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Think of it this way, the original universe was the pre-Flashpoint universe and now technically those versions have been rebooted and recast three times since then .
    I thought the original universe was timm's dcau
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

But it was technically the starting point for the original DCAMU because that's what lead to that version of the DCU being created like how the New 52 came out of Post-Crisis Flashpoint.
    Yeah, but it not being a reboot of a pre-existent ongoing continuity make to me the DCAMU more acceptable than the Tomorrowverse being the DCAMU overwritten. It's so dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I thought the original universe was timm's dcau
    Nah, different designs. And the Timmverse was still featured in DTVs releasing parallel to the DCAMU.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Yeah, but it not being a reboot of a pre-existent ongoing continuity make to me the DCAMU more acceptable than the Tomorrowverse being the DCAMU overwritten. It's so dumb.
    Well, technically it's a pre-existent animated universe even if they didn't really develop what's distinct about it much in Flashpoint Paradox...but I think most people assumed the Tomorrowverse was a rebooted version of the DCAMU ever since the way Apokolips War ended.

Fantastic Member

I'm guessing Clark will be on the front for Part 3.
    You never know. DC has an allergy to putting Superman in focus in animated movies. Won't be surprised if its Batman again at the front in Part 3.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    You never know. DC has an allergy to putting Superman in focus in animated movies. Won't be surprised if its Batman again at the front in Part 3.
    Uh….what? Sups has gotten focus in animated movies, not as much as Batman but they don’t have an allergy to it.

Quote Originally Posted by VaLoa View Post
    Uh….what? Sups has gotten focus in animated movies, not as much as Batman but they don’t have an allergy to it.
    Superman was also fairly prominent in Part 1, but Laser Man would’ve had to actually watch it to know that.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by VaLoa View Post
    He has got like 3 movies as the lead in last 10 years. I think that's less than Damian Wayne lol.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Superman was also fairly prominent in Part 1, but Laser Man would’ve had to actually watch it to know that.
    I don't think featuring in that dumpster fire is beneficial for any character but still good for him.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    He has got like 3 movies as the lead in last 10 years. I think that's less than Damian Wayne lol.
    This might come as a surprise to you, but Batman is more popular. Look at Wonder Woman, She only got 2 animated films since the start of WB animation. You’re crying over nothing. And Superman got plenty of cool moments in those movies where his name wasn’t titled on one.