Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post

Interesting
    Timber Wolf is straight up Wolverine here .

"President Saturn Girl?"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Timber Wolf is straight up Wolverine here .
    Yeah, I know Cockrum created the feral look for both characters, but someone should be referencing his Timber Wolf and not his Logan.

I want to know how people have leaked all the Dc animated movies because someone did

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I watched it and it was enjoyable. It was VERY simple writing wise which sucked a bit but I am enjoying the "Tomorrow"verse better than the New52-verse previous to it.

Kara was very enjoyable imo, very much a hot head but I enjoy that version over the overtly sweet innocent one. THis one has an interesting edge to her.

Probably my least favorite Brainiac adaptation though.

spoilers:
    The very little we saw of Kara in the present day was fun and I think it is a much more interesting angle for her compared to throwing her into the future so she can have it easier. Kara having trouble adapting to a basic world gives the writers plenty to work from, she cant even find a store without a robot telling her what to do which shows that yeah, Krypton was advanced but Kara still has a lot of growing to do if she cant even get by without the overt use of technology.

The fight scenes are fun and of course they use Mon-El as the hot guy who convinces Kara to stay in the future at first.

They use Brainy as a way to have their superhero v superhero misunderstanding fight. Having him be the only sane clone was ya know "go figure" and it didnt really add anything except to draw suspicion over him for plot.

Having Mon-El be a Krypton-obsessed fanatic to the point of only seeing power and being evil was easily seen from a mile away once we get to see him again after the beginning of the movie. It's something that I hated. I've never been in love with the character but I feel like they could've used Power Boy in this instance instead of turning Mon into an outright villain.

This being a sequel to the first part of JSA was a nice touch that I did not expect so I loved that aspect of it. Bringing back Brainiac to finish off what we saw from that film was great though overall it was a let down this one turned out to be kind of stupid. Of all the Brainiac animated adaptations he's definitely near the bottom of the barrel.

Kara of course decides to stay in the future which I'm not a fan of, especially with how easy time travel is in this universe. There has to be rules to it right? Because Clark could phone them real quick and find out what happened and stop it in a blink of an eye. But it seems like she may return? Hopefully she does because the whole "introduce Supergirl and send her to the future so SUperman is alone again" has always been a pet peeve of mine.

They set up the JL film at the end, so hopefully we'll FINALLY get to meet this Earths WW.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I watched it and it was enjoyable. It was VERY simple writing wise which sucked a bit but I am enjoying the "Tomorrow"verse better than the New52-verse previous to it.

Kara was very enjoyable imo, very much a hot head but I enjoy that version over the overtly sweet innocent one. THis one has an interesting edge to her.

spoilers:
    The very little we saw of Kara in the present day was fun and I think it is a much more interesting angle for her compared to throwing her into the future so she can have it easier. Kara having trouble adapting to a basic world gives the writers plenty to work from, she cant even find a store without a robot telling her what to do which shows that yeah, Krypton was advanced but Kara still has a lot of growing to do if she cant even get by without the overt use of technology.

The fight scenes are fun and of course they use Mon-El as the hot guy who convinces Kara to stay in the future at first.

They use Brainy as a way to have their superhero v superhero misunderstanding fight. Having him be the only sane clone was ya know "go figure" and it didnt really add anything except to draw suspicion over him for plot.

Having Mon-El be a Krypton-obsessed fanatic to the point of only seeing power and being evil was easily seen from a mile away once we get to see him again after the beginning of the movie. It's something that I hated. I've never been in love with the character but I feel like they could've used Power Boy in this instance instead of turning Mon into an outright villain.

This being a sequel to the first part of JSA was a nice touch that I did not expect so I loved that aspect of it. Bringing back Brainiac to finish off what we saw from that film was great though overall it was a let down this one turned out to be kind of stupid. Of all the Brainiac animated adaptations he's definitely near the bottom of the barrel.

Kara of course decides to stay in the future which I'm not a fan of, especially with how easy time travel is in this universe. There has to be rules to it right? Because Clark could phone them real quick and find out what happened and stop it in a blink of an eye. But it seems like she may return? Hopefully she does because the whole "introduce Supergirl and send her to the future so SUperman is alone again" has always been a pet peeve of mine.

They set up the JL film at the end, so hopefully we'll FINALLY get to meet this Earths WW.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    A part of me knew they'd make Mon-El a baddie, but it still bums me out a little.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    I'm curious where would you rank this in terms of favorite animated DC movie

Astonishing Member

I can't get into this new animation style at all! It has an amateurish quality to it.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I can't get into this new animation style at all! It has an amateurish quality to it.
    Looks pretty good to me .
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmeticSkull View Post
    Bouncing Boy sounds a lot like his VA from the Legion cartoon.

Mon-El Wtf
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CosmeticSkull View Post
    I think my least favorite design here is Triplicate Girl cause her body doesn't do the color split when she divides

Plus I don't like her hair

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I think my least favorite design here is Triplicate Girl cause her body doesn't do the color split when she divides

Plus I don't like her hair
    Still my favorite Triplicate Girl:

Finally sat down and watched LoSH. As usual for these kinds of movies it felt a bit overstuffed, but I loved Kara and Brainiac’s relationship, and hope that’s not the last we see if those two. spoilers:
    Poor Mon-El just keeps being public enemy number 1 ever since the CW huh? Good thing I don’t care about him too much or I’d be rather upset at him being the villain here.
    end of spoilers
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/