Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 442
  1. #16
    Invincible Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    25,930

    Default

    The League already has come together in GL: Beware My Power. My guess is that they don’t feel the need to do another League origin story after JL: War.
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  2. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post



    Two of the four DC animated movies announced for 2023 are set to feature Superman seemingly. Both are apparently set in the Tomorrowverse, but no details beyond that just yet. Man if Warworld is adapting PKJ’s Warworld Saga fingers crossed it does a good job because I would love to see that animated!


    Wonder which leaguer will be included in this arc and hopefully Clark doesn't get sideline in this story

  3. #18
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    113,932

    Default

    Again, this was probably made so far in advance I doubt they will be able to take anything directly from the current Warworld saga unless they talked to PKJ personally.

    I don't expect the League to function like the Authority unless the writers felt a similar beat of everybody getting defeated and imprisoned was a good plot beat.

  4. #19
    Invincible Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    25,930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Again, this was probably made so far in advance I doubt they will be able to take anything directly from the current Warworld saga unless they talked to PKJ personally.

    I don't expect the League to function like the Authority unless the writers felt a similar beat of everybody getting defeated and imprisoned was a good plot beat.
    Well Adams and Sheridan write some of these movies so it’s not outside the realm of possibility but I agree that it wouldn’t be a direct adaption.
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  5. #20
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    113,932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Well Adams and Sheridan write some of these movies so it’s not outside the realm of possibility but I agree that it wouldn’t be a direct adaption.
    I don't know how much the Infinite Frontier/Future State writers communicate with each other, though it's possible.

    I think it's just going to be a straightforward story of Superman leading the Justice League to try and topple Mongul and Warworld.

  6. #21
    Invincible Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    25,930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know how much the Infinite Frontier/Future State writers communicate with each other, though it's possible.

    I think it's just going to be a straightforward story of Superman leading the Justice League to try and topple Mongul and Warworld.
    I think that’s what the rest of us are thinking when we say it’s an adaption. They’ll go to Warworld, get their asses beat, become gladiators/slaves and ultimately lead a rebellion that unseats Mongul (hopefully led by Superman). Supes will probably wear the gladiator getup he’s got currently too, but it won’t be a direct adaption. I think JL Warworld will be the last movie released, so it will be coming in Winter 2023 which means it’s early enough they could still be working on the script.

    But hey I’m just taking some Hopium after how awful the rest of SDCC was
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  7. #22
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    113,932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I think that’s what the rest of us are thinking when we say it’s an adaption. They’ll go to Warworld, get their asses beat, become gladiators/slaves and ultimately lead a rebellion that unseats Mongul (hopefully led by Superman). Supes will probably wear the gladiator getup he’s got currently too, but it won’t be a direct adaption. I think JL Warworld will be the last movie released, so it will be coming in Winter 2023 which means it’s early enough they could still be working on the script.

    But hey I’m just taking some Hopium after how awful the rest of SDCC was
    Again, I think they produce these wayyyy in advance, which is why I doubt there'll directly pull anything. If they do, it might be a coincidence.

    I honestly hope they don't treat the League like the Authority because people think the League jobs enough as is.

  8. #23
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    7,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Cool announcements. Did they say what the Legion story is taking inspiration from? From what folks here are saying we don't know which era/version it'll be, but did they at least hint at a storyline? I'd love to see the Great Darkness Saga put to film.

    Adding the League to Warworld....the cynic in me thinks that this means Clark will automatically be pushed into the background, replacing Apollo as the guy who misses most of the story because he's hooked up to a torture machine, and Batman will get all the glory.
    But the part of me that recognizes the extra effort the current regime has put into Clark wants to believe that this will be a legitimate adaptation with Clark front-and-center and the League just replacing the Authority without supplanting the main character.

    But we'll see. In any case, it's good that so much of Clark's world and mythos is getting adaptations. Now if only we could see some of this in live action film and video games......



    Comic sales probably don't factor into this very much. With sales limited in "thousands" who cares if one run squeaks out a few extra or a few less, yknow? With lesser known, unproven IP and characters, maybe it serves as more of a litmus test for larger media success, but for the big names who're known all around the world? If I were WB I wouldn't put much emphasis on comic sales either, unless a story/run/arc really blew the averages out of the water.

    WB likely thinks that the hardcore, comic-reading audience will show up regardless. And historically speaking they're not wrong. What matters to them is whether a story can appeal to wider demographics. Tomasi's Rebirth was just Superdad, and what I hear of the CW show seems to be cut from the same cloth, so it's not surprising that they'd go in a different direction for this; mix it up, keep it new and interesting, all that.
    I have similar fears.

    Still, a Legion movie is welcome. I love those kids. I used to be lukewarm on them, but the more I dove back into their history, the more I realized they're dynamite.


    I know, I sound old. It's because I am!



    Still, I hope it's not PKJ's story. Primarily because it's not done and I don't want the Justice League stealing another great Superman story. Let Superman's stories be Superman stories! Alas, Superman comics seem to be the pitches for Justice League adaptions.
    May we never forget:

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

  9. #24
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    19,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I know, I sound old. It's because I am!
    Ha! If you were old, then you'd have been around when the Legion actually mattered and you wouldn't have needed to dive into their history, you'd have lived it.

    ....no offense to those who did actually live it......

    >sorry<

    I'm with you though, conceptually the Legion is amazing and I hope this film does them justice. Rooting for success here, though I've never really enjoyed them outside of their connection to Clark.

    Let Superman's stories be Superman stories! Alas, Superman comics seem to be the pitches for Justice League adaptions.
    Put me in charge of DC then. I'll give Clark his due, and then some!

    At least Clark's stories are still used for adaptations. As much as it sucks that everything about him gets siphoned off to other characters, at least he's used for *something.* Plenty of other well known, big name characters don't even get that much these days. Truly a sad state of affairs.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

    ~ Black Panther.

  10. #25
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    113,932

    Default

    I mean, personally I'm happy at a chance to see a (hopefully) honest to goodness Justice League stories about the League working together to stop a major threat and being a solid team together, and showing off how dangerous Superman's Rogues can be.

    I also hope we get some good Darren Criss Superman content out of it.

  11. #26
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, personally I'm happy at a chance to see a (hopefully) honest to goodness Justice League stories about the League working together to stop a major threat and being a solid team together, and showing off how dangerous Superman's Rogues can be.

    I also hope we get some good Darren Criss Superman content out of it.
    they are villains of Superman, not of the JL, the one who has to defeat them is Superman, not the JL.

  12. #27
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    791

    Default

    For a Superman villain to look like a Superman villain, Clark had to leave Earth, but now that's not enough, the JL follows him even outside, what a nightmare. Superman has a villain called Parasite, but I think that name has to be given to the JL. The Justice League of Parasites.

  13. #28
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    7,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Ha! If you were old, then you'd have been around when the Legion actually mattered and you wouldn't have needed to dive into their history, you'd have lived it.

    ....no offense to those who did actually live it......

    >sorry<

    I'm with you though, conceptually the Legion is amazing and I hope this film does them justice. Rooting for success here, though I've never really enjoyed them outside of their connection to Clark.



    Put me in charge of DC then. I'll give Clark his due, and then some!

    At least Clark's stories are still used for adaptations. As much as it sucks that everything about him gets siphoned off to other characters, at least he's used for *something.* Plenty of other well known, big name characters don't even get that much these days. Truly a sad state of affairs.
    Truly a sad day when we're hoping for Clark to be Boxer from Animal Farm. :/
    May we never forget:

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

  14. #29
    Ultimate Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    18,725

    Default

    Really looking forward to Legion. Since it's Tomorrowverse, hopefully no chance of a Bendis-like take but a classic Superman/Legion connection.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

  15. #30
    Invincible Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    25,930

    Default

    There was a time skip during MoT that seemed to leave the option open for Clark to have had adventures with the Legion as Superboy. Wonder if he’ll be Superboy or Superman in the LoSH movie (assuming he shows up of course which I am because why have the S-shield if he’s not?). Be cool to finally get an adaption of the Johns/Frank LoSH arc but I’m expecting it to be an original story.
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •