Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 442
  1. #31
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    7,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    There was a time skip during MoT that seemed to leave the option open for Clark to have had adventures with the Legion as Superboy. Wonder if he’ll be Superboy or Superman in the LoSH movie (assuming he shows up of course which I am because why have the S-shield if he’s not?). Be cool to finally get an adaption of the Johns/Frank LoSH arc but I’m expecting it to be an original story.
    Honestly, the Johns/Frank Superman and the Legion of Super-Heroes is what I'm expecting. They could do worse than adapt it.
    May we never forget:

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

  2. #32
    Ultimate Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    18,725

    Default

    I'd be more than fine with that. Although not a big fan of Johns Superman in general, that story was easily his best Superman work, imo.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

  3. #33
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    7,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'd be more than fine with that. Although not a big fan of Johns Superman in general, that story was easily his best Superman work, imo.
    Rather prescient today as well, sadly.
    May we never forget:

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

  4. #34
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    113,930

    Default

    I imagine they'll want a name POV character for the Legion movie, and Superman seems like a safe bet.
    Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    they are villains of Superman, not of the JL, the one who has to defeat them is Superman, not the JL.
    Whose to say Superman won't get the final hit in?

  5. #35
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    9,428

    Default

    Can't the story just start with superman from the warworld and trying to escape it... Why does he has to go to warworld to clean it up?Have clark get kidnapped or something anything,really.
    Without the authority i feel this would be a dud..worst of all no manchester black..Jl isa high and mighty team of. Heroes..They are no replacement for the authority.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 07-24-2022 at 10:08 PM.
    "Peopleís Dreams... Have No Ends"

  6. #36
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I imagine they'll want a name POV character for the Legion movie, and Superman seems like a safe bet.

    Whose to say Superman won't get the final hit in?
    not only the final blow, Superman has to fight them alone, as do the rest of the heroes with their villains. I don't know about you, but I don't remember the last time Superman faced Lex alone in a big story or Brainiac, it's always with help.

  7. #37
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    113,930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Can't the story just start with superman from the warworld and trying to escape it... Why does he has to go to warworld to clean it up?Have clark get kidnapped or something anything,really.
    Without the authority i feel this would be a dud..worst of all no manchester black..Jl isa high and mighty team of. Heroes..They are no replacement for the authority.
    I'm more a JL fan than an Authority fan, so it works for me .
    Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    not only the final blow, Superman has to fight them alone, as do the rest of the heroes with their villains. I don't know about you, but I don't remember the last time Superman faced Lex alone in a big story or Brainiac, it's always with help.
    I can imagine we'll get a pretty decent Superman vs. Mongul fight. The Tommorow-verse has been pretty on point with action sequences.

    I don't think he's needed help that much...? At least in big storylines...?

  8. #38
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    9,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm more a JL fan than an Authority fan, so it works for me .
    It's not about being a fan..They all are too serious and too self righteous i guess.

    I like hal jordan when he is more "green lantern kicks superman's ass tmz's got the video".Hal punched darkseid and got his hand broken,tried to do it again afterwards..Now that's both stupid and just will power

    More wally west and less barry allen in characterisation(for all of em leaguers) would atleast be passable for me.Does that make sense?
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 07-25-2022 at 09:29 AM.
    "Peopleís Dreams... Have No Ends"

  9. #39
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    113,930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    It's not about being a fan..They all are too serious and too self righteous i guess.

    I like hal jordan when he is more "green lantern kicks superman's ass tmz's got the video".Hal punched darkseid and got his hand broken,tried to do it again afterwards..Now that's both stupid and just will power

    More wally west and less barry allen in characterisation(for all of em leaguers) would atleast be passable for me.Does that make sense?
    Hmm...I feel like this is just a thing where you just don't care for traditional Superheroes or Superheroics, but I don't think they come off as all that serious or self-righteous. I mean, maybe Batman to some extent, but Barry can be fun (and this is going to be Matt Bomer's Barry who was fairly humorous and laidback) and I assume Green Arrow will be in it too.

  10. #40
    Invincible Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    25,925

    Default

    Tomorrowverse Superman has been pretty laid back and cocky (at least in MoT he was while fighting Lobo).
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  11. #41
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    7,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hmm...I feel like this is just a thing where you just don't care for traditional Superheroes or Superheroics, but I don't think they come off as all that serious or self-righteous. I mean, maybe Batman to some extent, but Barry can be fun (and this is going to be Matt Bomer's Barry who was fairly humorous and laidback) and I assume Green Arrow will be in it too.
    He likes shounen protagonists who are blood knights as opposed to proper superheroes. It's just his preference and he denounces characters that stand to altruistic ideals instead of being, well, vigilantes that follow their own code and damn the consequences.

    Yeah, it's a bit of a mismatch for superhero comics but it's not like that's unusual in superhero comics either. I just don't know if the traditional DCU is the best place to look for that.
    May we never forget:

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

  12. #42
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    113,930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Tomorrowverse Superman has been pretty laid back and cocky (at least in MoT he was while fighting Lobo).
    I wonder if we're going to see Lois again in either this or Warworld.

  13. #43
    Invincible Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    25,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if we're going to see Lois again in either this or Warworld.
    Daddario was a good Lois so I’d be happy to have her back. Maybe as a brief cameo but neither movie would have much time to spend on her. I am hoping for another Superman movie in this continuity but DC is probably at a loss as to what Superman story they could adapt since they’ve already done the trio of Origin/Death/Turns Evil .
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  14. #44
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Daddario was a good Lois so I’d be happy to have her back. Maybe as a brief cameo but neither movie would have much time to spend on her. I am hoping for another Superman movie in this continuity but DC is probably at a loss as to what Superman story they could adapt since they’ve already done the trio of Origin/Death/Turns Evil .
    We're still missing "evil Kryptonian tries to turn Earth into Krypton".

  15. #45
    Invincible Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    25,925

    Default

    Interesting so it looks like this might be a Supergirl team up with the Legion of Superheroes although it’s established that Kal did know them.
    Legion of Super-Heroes will be the first time we’ll see an animated project focused fully on the Legion of Super-Heroes since the animated series ended in 2008. In the film, Supergirl finds she needs a few lessons as she acclimates to Earth…and Superman looks to the heroes of the Legion to get it done.
    Hopefully both Kal and Kara are involved in the movie, but I suppose it’s to be expected they would push her right as she’s set to debut in the DCEU.

    Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    We're still missing "evil Kryptonian tries to turn Earth into Krypton".
    And they’ve never done an animated movie where he goes up against Zod, weird given how popular Zod is on the live action side.
    Last edited by Vordan; 07-25-2022 at 09:22 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •