Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 471
  1. #46
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    7,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if we're going to see Lois again in either this or Warworld.
    Doubtful. They blew their Superwad.
    May we never forget:

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

  2. #47
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    9,442

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    He likes shounen protagonists who are blood knights as opposed to proper superheroes. It's just his preference and he denounces characters that stand to altruistic ideals instead of being, well, vigilantes that follow their own code and damn the consequences.

    Yeah, it's a bit of a mismatch for superhero comics but it's not like that's unusual in superhero comics either. I just don't know if the traditional DCU is the best place to look for that.
    It's not that i don't like altruistic ideals...I just don't like "standing for it".True altruism should be instinctual is what i prefer and people who commit altruistic act rarely acknowledge it themselves..Superhero stories acknowledge the **** out of any altruistic act..There by making it feel like mere posturing and self righteousness.
    "Peopleís Dreams... Have No Ends"

  3. #48
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    114,208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Interesting so it looks like this might be a Supergirl team up with the Legion of Superheroes although itís established that Kal did know them.


    Hopefully both Kal and Kara are involved in the movie, but I suppose itís to be expected they would push her right as sheís set to debut in the DCEU.
    I was wondering if we'd see them use Kara! We're getting Tomorrow-verse Supergirl quicker than I expected .

    (Oh wait, are they introducing her now partially because of Crisis !?)

  4. #49
    Invincible Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    26,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was wondering if we'd see them use Kara! We're getting Tomorrow-verse Supergirl quicker than I expected .

    (Oh wait, are they introducing her now partially because of Crisis !?)
    Hah didn’t consider that. Hopefully if they are building up to CoIE we aren’t going to have Kara die this time.
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  5. #50
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    114,208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hah didn’t consider that. Hopefully if they are building up to CoIE we aren’t going to have Kara die this time.
    I was wondering if they'd use DCAU Kara if they wanted to have a Supergirl death.

  6. #51
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was wondering if they'd use DCAU Kara if they wanted to have a Supergirl death.


    I think Clark can die in her place! And she becomes the new main hero of Metroplois and Lois is pregnant

  7. #52
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Cool announcements. Did they say what the Legion story is taking inspiration from? From what folks here are saying we don't know which era/version it'll be, but did they at least hint at a storyline? I'd love to see the Great Darkness Saga put to film.
    I'd love any classic story from Legion, but Great Darkness would probably be my first choice. Plus Superboy and Supergirl play important roles in the final battle -- that could help bring in non Legion enthusiasts.

    I'd also like to see first Computo (with an updated look), Super-Stalag of Outer Space (that featured a lot of deaths of non Legion characters) or first Mordru. The Mordru story, however, may need fleshed out a bit to show what the other Legionnaires were up to that didn't go back in time to Smallville.

  8. #53
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    114,208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    I think Clark can die in her place! And she becomes the new main hero of Metroplois and Lois is pregnant
    Kind of dark, but okay...

  9. #54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    I think Clark can die in her place! And she becomes the new main hero of Metroplois and Lois is pregnant
    very dumb way to do it......like i don't think they would want to kill off one the main lead that started the universe and kill off any future plans to adapt any other superman stories especially with the idea of having jon
    Last edited by Venomized-spider-man; 07-27-2022 at 03:44 PM.

  10. #55
    Invincible Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    26,068

    Default

    They won’t kill Tomorrowverse Clark but any other Clark is fair game. I do think DCAU Kara dying wouldn’t be out of the realm of possibility
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  11. #56
    Invincible Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    26,068

    Default

    Looks like the actual name of the LoSH movie is Supergirl & the Legion of Superheroes

    Guessing Clark won’t play much of a role in this then. Bummer.
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  12. #57
    Just Call Me Gar garazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Looks like the actual name of the LoSH movie is Supergirl & the Legion of Superheroes

    Guessing Clark wonít play much of a role in this then. Bummer.
    Or Jon for that matter, so that's good.

    Supergirl on the Legion is a cool idea that doesn't require several leaps in logic to justify making nor is too much of a hodge podge of ideas that it ends up appealing no one, it's a wonder no one's done it sooner (unless it's been done before idk it sounds like a no-brainer idea that I haven't bothered to look into it).

  13. #58
    Invincible Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    26,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Or Jon for that matter, so that's good.

    Supergirl on the Legion is a cool idea that doesn't require several leaps in logic to justify making nor is too much of a hodge podge of ideas that it ends up appealing no one, it's a wonder no one's done it sooner (unless it's been done before idk it sounds like a no-brainer idea that I haven't bothered to look into it).
    The DCAU did it, Kara ended up staying in the future and getting with Brainiac 5, and Mark Waid did it for his Legion reboot. That actually got retitled Supergirl & the Legion of Superheroes as well come to think of it:



    I don’t hate Kara being connected, her ties to the Legion go back almost as far as Kal’s do, and the Tomorrowverse does seem to have Kal being connected to the Legion first… but I still wish we could get a proper Superman/LoSH team up movie again, it’s his 85th next year after all! Ah well, maybe MAWS will do a Legion episode.
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  14. #59
    Just Call Me Gar garazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The DCAU did it, Kara ended up staying in the future and getting with Brainiac 5, and Mark Waid did it for his Legion reboot. That actually got retitled Supergirl & the Legion of Superheroes as well come to think of it:



    I don’t hate Kara being connected, her ties to the Legion go back almost as far as Kal’s do, and the Tomorrowverse does seem to have Kal being connected to the Legion first… but I still wish we could get a proper Superman/LoSH team up movie again, it’s his 85th next year after all! Ah well, maybe MAWS will do a Legion episode.
    Looks like that book falls right into my comics blindspot. Cool #TheMoreYouKnow

  15. #60
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    114,208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Looks like the actual name of the LoSH movie is Supergirl & the Legion of Superheroes

    Guessing Clark won’t play much of a role in this then. Bummer.
    Yeah, that makes sense with Supergirl being the main character/POV character.

    It's good for Kara and the Legion, but I don't think they'll shrift Clark with the LoSH like Bendis did with Jon.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •