Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I'm reminded that my favorite design for Brainiac 5 is still from the Legion cartoon, especially for his more robotic apperance and techno eyes. I think he also has better hair there.

Plus he has a pretty cool battle form

My baby boy

��

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Given the Bendis visual influence, all I can say is that Cosmic Boy better be working class and Mon-El better be a fucking Daxamite.
    For some reason I'm worried Mon-El is going to turn out to be a bad guy in this.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Given the Bendis visual influence, all I can say is that Cosmic Boy better be working class and Mon-El better be a fucking Daxamite.
    It seems to be kind of a mix and match approach here so hopefully it doesn't draw from Bendis too much beyond a couple designs

I expect they just took the race changes which is all I ever expected them to take unless Bendis’ LoSH show got greenlit.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I expect they just took the race changes which is all I ever expected them to take unless Bendis’ LoSH show got greenlit.
    Thinking about it, there really isn't much they can take from Bendis' run beyond Sook's designs

The run was infamously devoid of character development or any interesting stories, and what little characters there was was ultimately negative like Saturn-Girl becoming Jon's stalker

If Lightning Lad gets angry at someone for one scene, then thats far more character he's got from Bendis' entire run JLvL included

Even Jon's tenure isn't particularly memorable and he can be easily swapped with his father or aunt

Oddly enough Cosmic Boy looks like he's still white .

At least the cartoons have realized you can make Phantom Girl look alien without having to look unrecognizable.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    For some reason I'm worried Mon-El is going to turn out to be a bad guy in this.
    Oh boy. It wouldn't be the first time DC animation pulled a fast one for the sake of a twist, so now I'm gonna be just as worried about Evil Mon-El as I am about Kryptonian Mon-El.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Looks like they did adapt some of the Bendis/Sook designs. I’m guessing Kara will have a love triangle with Mon and Brainiac
    This looks great. Never in a million years would I have thought we'd get the Legion in animation again twice within a year, first on Young Justice and now in their own movie.

Kara looks amazing here and I'm loving the designs of the Legionnaires that were shown. And I can't believe this movie is just around the corner, coming out in February!

Looks like they did adapt some of the Bendis/Sook designs. I’m guessing Kara will have a love triangle with Mon and Brainiac
    That is not something I would liked it to see. Cursed "spiritual wings". I suppose than we can attribute that because when this story was done, Bendis still was in charge of the Legion title. Bendis' venom still is there, curses.

I want to this movie to be a success but the Bendis influence keeps me uneasy.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

For god' sake, I hope that one is in the chooping block.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    For god' sake, I hope that one is in the chooping block.
    Has Bendis said anything more about that on his Substack or interviews? I always found it so weird they would greenlight 2 different Legion projects, let alone 2 featuring different versions of the characters...

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Has Bendis said anything more about that on his Substack or interviews? I always found it so weird they would greenlight 2 different Legion projects, let alone 2 featuring different versions of the characters...
    Bendis have a Substack? Well, you learn something everyday.

To my knowledge, he has said nothing yet. In any moment he could drop something new about this project. But considering how the whole WB/Discovery merger send a lot of projects already green lighted to cancellation, specially the animated ones (I think an animation departament was closed down), it will be surprising than the Bendis' Legion still is on the works. Mind you, Bendis left DC by the behind door, without fanfarre and in silence after a very disappointing run on the Justice League and a less than stellar Justice League vs Legion.
    However it is possible than the new bosses are waiting to see how this new project works before give a new support to Bendis' animated series and if this movie have enough success, Bendis will have his chance to still twisting the legion at his wil.
    That is what I fear.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Bendis have a Substack? Well, you learn something everyday.

To my knowledge, he has said nothing yet. In any moment he could drop something new about this project. But considering how the whole WB/Discovery merger send a lot of projects already green lighted to cancellation, specially the animated ones (I think an animation department was closed down), it will be surprising than the Bendis' Legion still is on the works. Mind you, Bendis left DC by the behind door, without fanfarre and in silence after a very disappointing run on the Justice League and a less than stellar Justice League vs Legion.
    However it is possible than the new bosses are waiting to see how this new project works before give a new support to Bendis' animated series and if this movie have enough success, Bendis will have his chance to still twisting the legion at his wil.
    That is what I fear.
    Long as I get some other Legion content, like this Legion show with Supergirl that's been teaser/trailered, I don't care if Bendis and his fan gets what they want, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    It was not greenlit, it was in the pitching process. Last we heard Bendis had done some rewrites and resubmitted his script for a pilot. Since then no word, my guess is it’s either been passed over given Zaslav is cutting back on both animation and HBO Max content, or the final decision will rest with Gunn and Safran who only just recently take the reigns of DC.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I suppose that will depend on how was the relationship than Bendis had with Gunn in Marvel, if there even was somekind of relationship there. I hope than Gunn will be aware about how Bendisboot was received.
    Still, the trailer have really nice moments, but it seems there is a age difference between tutors and trainees. I mean, Shadow Lass looked like an adult woman to the more adolescent Mon-El, who I fear, will be the Bendis one.