Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Niffleheim

Default Hickman. Schiti. 2023.

https://www.gamesradar.com/jonathan-...tent=newsarama

https://www.cbr.com/sdcc-marvel-next-big-thing-panel/

The writer describes the new series as "Sandman for the Marvel Universe"
    Last edited by Tofali; 07-23-2022 at 04:56 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Extraordinary Member

I have a sinking feeling it'll be called "Secret Wars 2," given that Marvel is obsessed with recycling the names of earlier events and a Secret Wars movie is expected from the MCU at some point.

If so, look for a "Secret Wars 2 continued in this issue" logo at some point.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

He also mentioned Sandman, so I'm guessing Dr. Strange.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I have a sinking feeling it'll be called "Secret Wars 2," given that Marvel is obsessed with recycling the names of earlier events and a Secret Wars movie is expected from the MCU at some point.

If so, look for a "Secret Wars 2 continued in this issue" logo at some point.
    They don't usually recycle under the same writer (for example, Civil War II wasn't by the same writer as Civil War). And by the way, it would be Secret Wars 4, as Hickman's original event was already the third Secret Wars. The first two were in the 1980s.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I will definitely be checking this out
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Eternals? That's my guess.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

when i see those two big names

I will be so happy that it is something that is completely divorced from the MU so it doesn't get derailed by others.

But I wonder though if it will be something about the secret history of the Marvel Universe something to do with the Multiverse/Beyonders/Builders?

The reason why I think this, is because as of late Marvel only greenlights projects if it synergizes with the MCU and since the MCU is moving whole hog into the Multiverse, it begs the question if that is what is at play.
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 07-23-2022 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Eternals? That's my guess.
    I don’t think so. Given the Sandman comparison I’m guessing he will be tackling the Abstracts: Eternity, Death, etc.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They don't usually recycle under the same writer (for example, Civil War II wasn't by the same writer as Civil War). And by the way, it would be Secret Wars 4, as Hickman's original event was already the third Secret Wars. The first two were in the 1980s.
    F4#319 is called Secret Wars 3, if we count that one, Hickman's would be the fourth one .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I don’t think so. Given the Sandman comparison I’m guessing he will be tackling the Abstracts: Eternity, Death, etc.
    The Beyonder probably.

Strange - Nightmare is a pair which certainly can handle the dream world. The drawback, of course, being Nightmare is a villain and DC's endless Sandman is a good guy. But I would love to read a Hickman Dr Strange.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Cosmic themed ?, Mistress Death comes to claim the Mutants or the Eternals for cheating death, featuring the Living Tribunal, Eternity, Galactus, Uatu the Watcher and Thanos.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Cosmic themed ?, Mistress Death comes to claim the Mutants or the Eternals for cheating death, featuring the Living Tribunal, Eternity, Galactus, Uatu the Watcher and Thanos.
    I don’t think the Eternals are cheating death, as the Celestials created them to have the constant cycle of death and rebirth. Plus a human dies every time an Eternal is resurrected.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    The Beyonder probably.
    You mean Beyonders....we found out in Hickman's New Avengers that there was more than one.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-23-2022 at 09:10 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    You mean Beyonders....we found out in Hickman's New Avengers that there was more than one.
    They all died, and Doom got their powers or something and that's how he started that Secret Wars.