Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

He's both. Otherwise, why would he take Gold Goblin as a codename instead of coming up with something new?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

The mask looks like Ultron.

This is meh.

I really don't know how I feel about this. I got so sick of Norman Osborn and his insane attempts to break Peter. Then he comes back as the iron patriot. Wasn't he viewed as a hero then? And don't get me started on the costume .

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Oh, so now Norman's gonna be something of a superhero himself?

That said, if there's anyone I could see making this work, Cantwell is pretty high on the list. His Doom and Iron Man runs have been excellent.

It all hinges on how they wanna treat the 'Goblin' versus 'Norman'. I said in another thread it seemed like they were trying to head back towards when Norman and the Goblin were a bit more distinct, especially given how Raimi and Dafoe's goblin has been received over the years. A sane Norman, unsure himself of how much time he has before madness reclaims him, trying to make the best of the time he's got left isn't a bad story at all, assuming that's how they go with it.
    Frankly, if they're going to go that route, I'd rather they were a bit more open ended about it, rather the inevitable backslide. Or is madness something that can never be truly overcome?

Astonishing Member

So Norman is a hero and Ben a villain now? Thanks, I hate it

Incredible Member

This is depressing as hell. I preferred the Norman Osborn that we just just before the Gathering of Five madness. The randomly murdering woman Lunatic we had since the 98 reboot has been annoying as it was but now this? Just terrible.

Can we also just hurry and kill Ben already so we don't have to suffer that Crap they're pushing him in to.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He's both. Otherwise, why would he take Gold Goblin as a codename instead of coming up with something new?
    He doesn't comes up with it, the public call him that

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    All of the Parkers from MC2 or even RYV would be affronted at how 616 Peter and MJ act here
    Actually, I was reffering to Phil Urich who had assumed the identity of the Gold Goblin in a number of Spider Girl stories! ;p
    Not that i dissagree with what you said though...

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Oh, so now Norman's gonna be something of a superhero himself?
    Hah lol.

That said, if there's anyone I could see making this work, Cantwell is pretty high on the list. His Doom and Iron Man runs have been excellent.

It all hinges on how they wanna treat the 'Goblin' versus 'Norman'. I said in another thread it seemed like they were trying to head back towards when Norman and the Goblin were a bit more distinct, especially given how Raimi and Dafoe's goblin has been received over the years. A sane Norman, unsure himself of how much time he has before madness reclaims him, trying to make the best of the time he's got left isn't a bad story at all, assuming that's how they go with it.
    Problem is how this goes against 616 Norman himself, who was never a good person even before he got the goblin serum (Nor did he have that split personality, at best he only had amnesia that made him forget he was Green Goblin).

Also man, this nonsense is just throwing shit at the wall and see what sticks... Hero Norman soon after Evil Ben too? Meh...

Gold Goblin will also have GG as an abbreviation, which's the same as Green Goblin's, so that'll be slightly annoying...

Between green, red, and gold, Norman will soon enough be a one man Power Rangers team.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 07-24-2022 at 01:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Between green, red, and gold, Norman will soon enough be a one man Power Rangers team.
    Norman is now like Tommy Oliver.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kanos View Post
    No white or Dino thunder goblin yet

Mighty Member

Hah lol.

Problem is how this goes against 616 Norman himself, who was never a good person even before he got the goblin serum (Nor did he have that split personality, at best he only had amnesia that made him forget he was Green Goblin).

Also man, this nonsense is just throwing shit at the wall and see what sticks... Hero Norman soon after Evil Ben too? Meh...

Gold Goblin will also have GG as an abbreviation, which's the same as Green Goblin's, so that'll be slightly annoying...

Could th3 endgame be yet another spider man vs green goblin fight?

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    That’s the point. He’s trying to be hero; not a Goblin.
    ...But he's still using the Goblin codename...

Astonishing Member

I loved Harry as a good Goblin but Norman works better as an evil Goblin.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    As a Power Rangers fan since childhood . . . salutations!

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    I liked Cantwell's Doom and Iron Man runs, so this looks worth checking out. Still, after Superior, there is an element of been there, done that. I have a feeling when Norman breaks bad again, it will hurt Peter even more since he finally gets to see what Norman could have been as a hero.

Ideally, i'd like to see Otto be responsible for Norman's heel turn, since Norman (and a variant of him) caused his downfall as Superior both times.
    That would be a good idea, poetic justice, in a way of speaking. And yeah, that probably is the point. Hell, Mark Millar's Marvel Knights Spider-Man had Spidey call out Norman for wasting his own abilities on petty supervillainy, and Norman's response then? To basically say that the difference between him and Peter was that "I don't give a rat's @$$." Seeing what could've been if he did, though . . . that would indeed hurt Peter more.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I’m extremely bitter about this along with Phil Urich.
    Understandable.

Hah lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    No white or Dino thunder goblin yet
    Loving the Power Rangers references, though Dino Thunder Goblin would be the Black Goblin, which --- funny enough --- was an alter ego assumed by Harry Osborn in issue 2 of Spider-Man: Life Story.
    The spider is always on the hunt.