Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rob London View Post
    All I really have to say is that it's Cantwell, so it'll be good. I'm gonna halt my complaining and wait for this book to catch fire.
    I appreciate your pun there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Well, they did refuse to let Slott make that story about Swarm selling nazi honey, at least lol.
    The stars must have aligned or something for that to happen!

Mighty Member

I just don't see the appeal here. Do they really think fans are going to go for heroic Norman? Do they really think fans are ever going to buy this sticks? Best case it goes the way of Superior Spider-man and it's popular enough to retread once or twice before you give up and just go back to Green Goblin already.

Plus, how many times are we going to retread the Goblin vs Goblin thing, at this point? Hobbie deserves better than this trite, cliche drivel.

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    killed Ben Reilly. The list goes on, that's an incredible amount of thing to forgive
    Nowadays it's more likely that Pete's just disappointed Normie didn't finish the job when he had the chance. (see, Chasm)

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    The stars must have aligned or something for that to happen!
    They also refused to let Slott make a story about Spidey becoming a giant 'cause of Pym Particles and fighting Fin Fang Foom while he's a giant.

I guess this means the starts aligned more times than we thought and we aren't aware of all of those opportunities .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Ehhhhhhhh. Not going to fall for this again.

They did the same thing to Otto. Made him more heroic, gave him a good supporting cast and even a love interest. Two of them even! You got to thinking "Maybe this will be a thing." before they reverted back to Doc Ock. Then you realize that there's no real point and that Status Quo is god.

So yeah. Passing on this because we all know that it's not going to last. Even if they make it seem like it will.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Blaize View Post
    Ehhhhhhhh. Not going to fall for this again.

They did the same thing to Otto. Made him more heroic, gave him a good supporting cast and even a love interest. Two of them even! You got to thinking "Maybe this will be a thing." before they reverted back to Doc Ock. Then you realize that there's no real point and that Status Quo is god.

So yeah. Passing on this because we all know that it's not going to last. Even if they make it seem like it will.
    It's a miniseries, right? I don't think they're pretending its anything permanent.

BANNED

Cantwell has been announced as showrunner and writer for a Max Headroom revival at AMC

https://deadline.com/2022/07/max-hea...on-1235081130/

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Cantwell has been announced as showrunner and writer for a Max Headroom revival at AMC

Good for him? I wonder if this is wrapping up his comic tenure. Maybe that's why he's leaving Iron Man.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post

Max Headroom, huh? Should be interesting.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, this design is lame. I think he should look more noble like an elf from LotR or something.

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    Well, this design is lame. I think he should look more noble like an elf from LotR or something.
    I imagine it's what Norman would think was a heroic design, and as far from the Goblin as possible, however the press still sticks him with the moniker.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    evil
    The systems I've talked to that have claimed him don't deny that either alter are evil. I say either alter because structural DID theory suggests that none of the present alters would be the original core personality. It's complicated.

*record scratches*
    Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    heroic
    I suppose this goofy armor would be too villainous for a non-transformers IDW audience?

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    Time to bring back 2002's Power Rangers jokes!

Heck, he in fact has been all the colors that Tommy has, he can have his own ranger team! Green Goblin, Red Goblin, Dark Goblin (MSM 2017), and now this gold with heavy white accents. Go Go Goblins!

Look status quo is god. So how long do you give it until Norman is black to green? Happened to Luthor too

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    It's a miniseries, right? I don't think they're pretending its anything permanent.
    Mostly the whole thing with Norman in general. I refuse to get too invested in it because we all know he's going to go back to his green goblin ways