Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast

what a TRAILER - can't wait to see it this weekend!

I saw it last week and thought it was good. I cried a LOT and was definitely emotionally drained by the end.

My only complaint is that they added too many new characters. Namor and his people would have been enough, but I get why Riri was there (even though she should have been part of the Outreach program to make her part of T’Challa’s memory. What didn’t work was trying to squeeze Aneka in there. Micaela Coel is one of my favorite actors/ artists and this movie simply didn’t have the space for her. Would have other Okoye get the armor and then give her a Midnight Angel Disney+ spin-off where she finds her other half. Also the Val stuff was clearly set up for future projects.

Other than that they did the almost impossible task of acting as a satisfying sequel while also honoring the passing of the previous lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I saw it last week and thought it was good. I cried a LOT and was definitely emotionally drained by the end.

My only complaint is that they added too many new characters. Namor and his people would have been enough, but I get why Riri was there (even though she should have been part of the Outreach program to make her part of T’Challa’s memory. What didn’t work was trying to squeeze Aneka in there. Micaela Coel is one of my favorite actors/ artists and this movie simply didn’t have the space for her. Would have other Okoye get the armor and then give her a Midnight Angel Disney+ spin-off where she finds her other half. Also the Val stuff was clearly set up for future projects.

Other than that they did the almost impossible task of acting as a satisfying sequel while also honoring the passing of the previous lead.
    I still dont get why Aneka was in the movie, maybe shes going to be in a future D+ show, it's the only thing that makes sense.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    The Pandemic is still affecting cinema man just look at the numbers from 18/19 compared to 21/22.

Anyway you keep talking like there's been so many batman or superman moves there's been 1 for each in modern movie times not counting BvS MOS came out as the MCU was really started to get going and batman came out during the pandemic both still did really well.
    Since 2000:

Superman movies: Superman Returns, Man of Steel, Batman V. Superman. And he played a large role in Justice League.
    Batman movies: Dark Knight trilogy, Batman V. Superman, The Batman. Also played a large role in Justice League and had a cameo in Suicide Squad.

Both of these characters have had quite a bit of screen time in the last 20 years. And that's not to mention television where Bruce/Batman has been seen on Birds of Prey (the first episode), Gotham, Batwoman, Titans, and in the Arrowverse. Clark/Superman has been on Smallville, Supergirl, and Superman & Lois.

I don't even want to attempt to count all the animated films both characters have been in over the last twenty something years.

It was a bit of a step down from the first movie, but I still liked it a lot. I figured the ending would be a response to what Ramonda was going to tell Shuri before Namor showed up. Shuri went through a pretty good arc, but she wasn't the best lead. T'Challa as Black Panther vs. Namor would have been awesome. I was just worried that Namor would snap Shuri in half (in hindsight, the first movie should've established she had martial arts training she just chose to pursue science).

All the mythology that went into Talokan was cool, but it deviated a bit too much from the Namor I know and love. As clever as "N'Amour" because he has no love for the surface was, it just felt weird. Why was everyone so quick to call him that when it's established only his enemies call him that? How did Namora get her name and why are all her allies calling her that? I am more familiar with Namorita, but Namora felt random. They could've just used Lady Dorma. I wasn't all that impressed with Attuma, but at least Okoye got a rival. And Namor needed to be more arrogant and a jerk, but maybe we'll see that in further appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    Also, why would a Mayan Namor say "Imperius Rex" which is Latin. Comic Namor explained to Colossus he says this when the battle is joined and not during.
    That too. Granted, I was waiting all movie for him to say it, but it was weird it came out in the subtitles as "Imperius Rex" which isn't even English. I did like how they used different fonts and colors for subtitling different languages.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Who really thinks they will wait that long for him to age "naturally"? Shuri will get maybe 1 Avengers movie with Kang. Hell even by that second Avengers movie they could already use T'Challa again in some kind of future battle Kang is a time traveler I expect to see some more Time stuff.
    I could see that happening. Or maybe they want teen Black Panther in the Young Avengers or something.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Yeah, that was my guess. He'd probably show up as a time-traveler or maybe a variant from an alternate timeline in The Kang Dynasty or Secret Wars. Maybe they even have a Rachel Summers-esq situation (or hell, Gamora post-Endgame) and have the time-traveler/variant stick around permanently. Or the kid gets lost in time and returns as an adult.
    I love the fact that these all seem plausible and not "too comic booky" for a mainstream audience to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I finally saw the movie a couple days ago. I liked it, not as much as the first, but I understood that Real Life Writes the Plot. I'm curious to know what the plans were before Chadwick's death.
    I was thinking Shuri would have been a prisoner of Namor's longer. Ramonda would still be killed, and T'Challa would be the one to attempt to see her but instead see Killmonger because of his rage.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    It was a bit of a step down from the first movie, but I still liked it a lot. I figured the ending would be a response to what Ramonda was going to tell Shuri before Namor showed up. Shuri went through a pretty good arc, but she wasn't the best lead. T'Challa as Black Panther vs. Namor would have been awesome. I was just worried that Namor would snap Shuri in half (in hindsight, the first movie should've established she had martial arts training she just chose to pursue science).

All the mythology that went into Talokan was cool, but it deviated a bit too much from the Namor I know and love. As clever as "N'Amour" because he has no love for the surface was, it just felt weird. Why was everyone so quick to call him that when it's established only his enemies call him that? How did Namora get her name and why are all her allies calling her that? I am more familiar with Namorita, but Namora felt random. They could've just used Lady Dorma. I wasn't all that impressed with Attuma, but at least Okoye got a rival. And Namor needed to be more arrogant and a jerk, but maybe we'll see that in further appearances.

That too. Granted, I was waiting all movie for him to say it, but it was weird it came out in the subtitles as "Imperius Rex" which isn't even English. I did like how they used different fonts and colors for subtitling different languages.

I could see that happening. Or maybe they want teen Black Panther in the Young Avengers or something.

I love the fact that these all seem plausible and not "too comic booky" for a mainstream audience to understand.

I was thinking Shuri would have been a prisoner of Namor's longer. Ramonda would still be killed, and T'Challa would be the one to attempt to see her but instead see Killmonger because of his rage.

I always thought Shuri was going to win against Namor because she's the protagonist. I figured that she'd win against Namor through use of strategy. She couldn't beat him through power and strength.

In the comics, Namor appeared before Namorita

Namora (/neɪˈmɔːrə/) is a fictional character appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. She is from Atlantis and is the daughter of an Atlantean father and a human mother. She is the cousin of Namor the Sub-Mariner.

First appearance Marvel Mystery Comics #82 (May 1947)

She had long yellow hair.
    She had peach colored skin with wings on her ankles like Namor

Namora first appeared in the 12-page comic story "The Coming of Namora!" published in Marvel Mystery Comics #82 (May 1947), pencilled by Ken Bald and inked by Syd Shores.[2] Namora also featured on the cover drawn by Bob Powell. Her costume was designed by Sub-Mariner creator Bill Everett.[3] Initially, she and Namor had no apparent familial relationship, and romantic interest was sometimes implied between the two.[4]

She had her own comic book series, Namora, which ran from August–December 1948. While this title lasted only three issues, she regularly appeared with Namor in Marvel Mystery Comics and also in Sub-Mariner until that series ended in 1955.[5]

The character was not seen again for 16 years until she made a brief flashback appearance in the Silver Age Sub-Mariner series, in Sub-Mariner #33 (January 1971). Her death was established in Sub-Mariner #50 (June 1972), where her frozen body is shown to Namor, and her death is depicted in flashback in #51 (July 1972).

Over the next 30 years, Namora appeared in a number of flashbacks and alternate reality stories, including What If? #9 (June 1978), The New Warriors Annual #1 (1991), What If? #47 (March 1993), The New Warriors #44 (February 1994), Avengers: Forever #4-5 (March–April 1999), and Marvel: The Lost Generation #3-2 (December 2000-January 2001).

Namora eventually reappears, alive, in the Agents of Atlas series, in issues #1-6 (October 2006-March 2007). She also appears in Incredible Hulk #107-112 (August–December 2007), Giant-Size Marvel Adventures: Avengers #1 (September 2007), World War Hulk #2 (September 2007), Spider-Man Family #4 (October 2007), and Incredible Hercules #121-122 (November–December 2008).

Namora received an entry in The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Golden Age 2004.

She was ranked 76th in Comics Buyer's Guide's "100 Sexiest Women in Comics" list.[6]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Namora
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

62% drop? That's a lot...

62% drop? That's a lot...
    It's pretty normal now. The MCU films are heavily front loaded. There's multiple reasons for this, not the least of which being the brand has now made these films more like "events" where audiences want to rush and see them opening weekend. Spoiler culture has also made this a thing.
    Last edited by 80sbaby; 11-21-2022 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    It's pretty normal now. The MCU films are heavily front loaded. There's multiple reasons for this, not the least of which being the brand has now made these folks more like "events" where audiences want to rush and see them opening weekend. Spoiler culture has also made this a thing.
    Did Thor and Dr strange have that big a drop?

Niffleheim

Yes. LT 68% and MoM 67%.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Bigger, actually.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

What an incredible movie!

Incredible Member

Saw it this past Tuesday and enjoyed it. Crowd clapped at the end. Definitely could feel the length of the movie, but most of the material held my interest. Only feel gripe I had was felt the new BP was way too skinny/small. While plot-wise it makes sense for the princess to step up, almost any other woman in the tribe (include the deceased Queen) would've filled out a Black Panther suit way better from a muscle tone aspect.

Feel that way about Gal Godot as Wonder Woman, too. There size would be ok for a hero that doesn't have super strength. But for their size, they should be speedsters or something! LOL!
    Last edited by wleakr; 11-24-2022 at 11:38 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    It's pretty normal now. The MCU films are heavily front loaded. There's multiple reasons for this, not the least of which being the brand has now made these films more like "events" where audiences want to rush and see them opening weekend. Spoiler culture has also made this a thing.
    Well it doesn't help when the number of showings go down and in the case of Wakanda Forever-shows in certain cities are done.

As of right now this movie stops showing in Dallas/Fort Worth area on December 1.

Gone from Houston Texas on the second.
    No longer showing in Austin Texas.
    And that seems to be everywhere here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Well it doesn't help when the number of showings go down and in the case of Wakanda Forever-shows in certain cities are done.

As of right now this movie stops showing in Dallas/Fort Worth area on December 1.

Gone from Houston Texas on the second.
    No longer showing in Austin Texas.
    And that seems to be everywhere here.
    You do know movie theaters take time to update their schedules right?
    It doesn't mean they aren't having showtimes, if I check fandango for the movie theaters in my area for December first they only have 4 movies available
    Last edited by StickMin; 11-24-2022 at 02:10 PM.