Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    In your opinion maybe. But again I don't necessarily believe it I wasn't there I don't know all the facts I hope it's not true but more often than not it's been at least half true also she says there are other accusers I don't know if that’s true or not but I nor going to call her a lier either.
    So I guess my question is if you're admitting you don't know and there's an equal chance she's lying, why did you initially call him a villain, implying you assumed his guilt?

And the term "where there's smoke, there's fire" is about multiple pieces of evidence/accusers. So it's not just my opinion that it's the wrong analogy here.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    So I guess my question is if you're admitting you don't know and there's an equal chance she's lying, why did you initially call him a villain, implying you assumed his guilt?

And the term "where there's smoke, there's fire" is about multiple pieces of evidence/accusers. So it's not just my opinion that it's the wrong analogy here.
    Many people use the term in different ways there's no right or wrong way. Bro why are you making this a thing? I don't know if he did it or not I never said I did my original post was was mostly a joke because they play villans this isn't a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Many people use the term in different ways there's no right or wrong way. Bro why are you making this a thing? I don't know if he did it or not I never said I did my original post was was mostly a joke because they play villans this isn't a big deal.
    Mainly because I notice a lot of people tend to assume guilt before innocence in these cases. And so I was questioning you as to why? Typically it comes down to other factors/bias at play as opposed to anything tangible. In this case, the fact he's tied to the MCU.

Mainly because I notice a lot of people tend to assume guilt before innocence in these cases. And so I was questioning you as to why? Typically it comes down to other factors/bias at play as opposed to anything tangible. In this case, the fact he's tied to the MCU.
    Well I hope it isn't true not just for the future of Nam in the mcu but for him as a person.

Ultimate Member

WE gotta start Disney on recasting...

“About a year ago, I dated Elena for several months,” Huerta wrote. “It was entirely consensual at all times, as countless others can attest. And throughout it was a loving, warm and mutually supportive relationship. After it ended, however, Elena began to misrepresent our interactions both privately and in front of groups of mutual friends."

“As a result, a few months ago, I engaged a legal team to commence the appropriate actions to protect my reputation and refute these irresponsible and false accusations that can cause great prejudice and damage,” he continued. “Although I am by no means perfect, I know that these allegations are simply untrue. And while I will always work to improve myself, I need to contest claims that are both false and offensive.”
    Sounds like this is going to come down to the testimonies of those "countless others" and "mutual friends" Huerta is talking about. He's definitely calling Elena a liar. Interesting he had been working on legally circling the wagons for several months now. Maybe its nothing, but it could also mean that he knows there is something.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 06-12-2023 at 04:52 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Why are you assuming it's true?
    People have very little reason to lie about this; it's not 'fun' to be an unknown, with no army of lawyers, no die-hard fans... and to be exposed to masses of power and wealth and rage mounted against you. The over-riding motivation to do this... is the truth! That doesn't mean people haven't lied (and shame on them, for making it that much harder for others to come forward). But by-and-large... it's safe to assume if someone is saying this, it's probably got a lot of truth in it. Because it's not a battle many want to face.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    People have very little reason to lie about this; it's not 'fun' to be an unknown, with no army of lawyers, no die-hard fans... and to be exposed to masses of power and wealth and rage mounted against you. The over-riding motivation to do this... is the truth! That doesn't mean people haven't lied (and shame on them, for making it that much harder for others to come forward). But by-and-large... it's safe to assume if someone is saying this, it's probably got a lot of truth in it. Because it's not a battle many want to face.
    That is often true, but not exactly in this case. María Elena Ríos is known in Mexico, for exactly this. Google her. She's a musician who suffered an acid attack, which she claims was at the instigation of her ex-boyfriend, a Mexican politician. Something so horrible I just can't imagine. I'm not for sure, but I think the case still hasn't come to trial, though he and some of the actual attackers are waiting in jail. Because of this, she's an activist on the matter, working to strength laws, with her own supporting fans ... and unbelievably haters. It's not 'fun', but she's had plenty of experience dealing with all that plus the weight of the government and continues to engage in.

Marvel made Tenoch Huerta famous now, but he's not exactly beloved in Mexico, because for several years, he's been a very vocal activist against racism, who ticked off the media there by saying things like, Mexico on TV looks like a "Scandinavian Country" because they mostly hire whitexicans, the biggest raceswap in history was making Jesus white. You would not believe the amount of hate and slurs and lies spread by racists and his haters.

Anyways, it's a horrible situation all around but right now it's mostly messed up translations of Spanish and interpretations (which I don't speak), so I'm honestly not sure what is even going on, is it assault? Is it harassment? Is it a really bad break up? It didn't help that the accusation popped up in the middle of an argument of not getting paid for a gig and a beef with an anti-racist organization, and then tweets got deleted.

IOW, I'll wait for something more reliable than Twitter and bad translations.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Sounds like this is going to come down to the testimonies of those "countless others" and "mutual friends" Huerta is talking about. He's definitely calling Elena a liar. Interesting he had been working on legally circling the wagons for several months now. Maybe its nothing, but it could also mean that he knows there is something.
    Well, if he heard about these accusations via friends a while back, of course he'd know in advance. Plus, Huerta has been suffering his own harassment issues, as he and his two daughters were doxxed recently, so I think he had them looking in to that also. But yes. Unless, Rios has something concrete, I think it is going to come down to what they each say and their "friends" and even that won't matter to many people.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Well, if he heard about these accusations via friends a while back, of course he'd know in advance. Plus, Huerta has been suffering his own harassment issues, as he and his two daughters were doxxed recently, so I think he had them looking in to that also. But yes. Unless, Rios has something concrete, I think it is going to come down to what they each say and their "friends" and even that won't matter to many people.
    Exactly. In the Depp case, for instance, a lot rode on the testimonies of friends. Sure to be the same for this case.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

That is often true, but not exactly in this case.
    No. It's nearly ALWAYS true. The number of false accusations of abuse are honestly so, so, so small. IT'S NOT FUN! It's a horrible situation to be in, and the number who would subject themselves to it for attention or baseless revenge is minuscule. Even attention seekers know better. For every Amber Heard there is a thousand more Rose McGowans, Ashley Judds, Rosanna Arquettes. The idea it's a 6 of 1, half a dozen of another whether it's a true story or not is simply not the case.

María Elena Ríos is known in Mexico, for exactly this. Google her. She's a musician who suffered an acid attack, which she claims was at the instigation of her ex-boyfriend, a Mexican politician. Something so horrible I just can't imagine. I'm not for sure, but I think the case still hasn't come to trial, though he and some of the actual attackers are waiting in jail. Because of this, she's an activist on the matter, working to strength laws, with her own supporting fans ... and unbelievably haters. It's not 'fun', but she's had plenty of experience dealing with all that plus the weight of the government and continues to engage in.
    Looking up about her, it seems she has a proven track record of standing up against men abusing power. And she paid a horrendous consequence for it. I see nothing in the story of her experience with the politician who disfigured her to imply she wasn't being truthful. Personally, having looked into her... I'm now even more inclined to believe this isn't made up.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

No. It's nearly ALWAYS true. The number of false accusations of abuse are honestly so, so, so small. IT'S NOT FUN! It's a horrible situation to be in, and the number who would subject themselves to it for attention or baseless revenge is minuscule. Even attention seekers know better. For every Amber Heard there is a thousand more Rose McGowans, Ashley Judds, Rosanna Arquettes. The idea it's a 6 of 1, half a dozen of another whether it's a true story or not is simply not the case.
    You are arguing about something I didn't say.

It's nearly ALWAYS true. = That is often true

I understand exactly this is not fun. Nor did I say it was fun for Rios. What I said, is that this case was different from what you explained, because Rios KNOWS what it's like to make the accusation, and that she was actually something of a celebrity herself. She's not in the same situation as most women. She's a woman's rights activist who has her own powerbase, which she earned at a truly horrible cost.

Looking up about her, it seems she has a proven track record of standing up against men abusing power. And she paid a horrendous consequence for it. I see nothing in the story of her experience with the politician who disfigured her to imply she wasn't being truthful. Personally, having looked into her... I'm now even more inclined to believe this isn't made up.
    That's a decision everyone will make. However, since I don't even know what she's accusing Huerta of (between translations and deleted tweets and her refusal to talk to reporters and lack of charges), I'm waiting to see what is exactly going on.

Also, please note, I'm not saying she's making anything up. But short of physical abuse, in a relationship, there are two perceptions. Right now, all we know is she said, he said.

He said, she said, whom to believe right now when it's their perception?
    Last edited by krazijoe; 06-14-2023 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    He said, she said, whom to believe right now when it's their perception?
    I don't see why anyone has to choose right now who to believe, but many people have, and probably won't change their minds regardless of the outcome.

I said perceptions, because anyone that has been in a relationship or had to deal with people, understands that what one says and does aren't always interpreted by others as intended. And when you look at things through the lens of a break-up, the chances of things being misunderstood or misinterpreted are raised exponentially.