Page 29 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Bucky was frozen with the intention of keeping him docile until they could undo Hydra's brainwashing. Freezing T'Challa would have been a temporary solution at best if they couldn't find a cure for what was killing him. Wakanda is advanced but that doesn't mean they don't have their limits.
    Yes, it is a temporary solution but one that still works because we have no clue how long Bucky was on ice so the same could have applied to T'Challa especially with how fast they showed Shuri making the synthetic HSH and again, MCU or comic book wise Wakanda is leagues ahead of anyone else in the world, which was one of the points hammered in in the first movie and in Avengers Infinity War.

Then again, this solution only becomes viable if the plan was to recast the role to another actor, which as we saw was not the case.
    Last edited by Hulkout42; 11-13-2022 at 11:35 AM.

Extraordinary Member

BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER UPDATED RT SCORES

BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER

TOMATOMETER 84%
    311 Reviews
    4 stars
    7.20 out of 10 average rating
    3 1/2 stars

AUDIENCE 95%
    5 stars
    5,000+ Verified Ratings
    4.7 out of 5 average rating
    4 1/2 stars

I like the music,action and story overall in wakanda forever more then the first film.
    Both are excellent films to me but i think the second one is better on average then the first one.

To me the music was better,the action was better on average and it had more of it and it was a longer film.
    The action was better on average then any batman solo film for example.

I was not bored at all and anybody and anyone saying it is a boring film(and i seen a few saying that on youtube and other places) saw a different film then i did.
    Last edited by mace11; 11-13-2022 at 12:03 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Yes, it is a temporary solution but one that still works because we have no clue how long Bucky was on ice so the same could have applied to T'Challa especially with how fast they showed Shuri making the synthetic HSH and again, MCU or comic book wise Wakanda is leagues ahead of anyone else in the world, which was one of the points hammered in in the first movie and in Avengers Infinity War.

Then again, this solution only becomes viable if the plan was to recast the role to another actor, which as we saw was not the case.
    Yeah, speaking selfishly for a moment, I do worry that the quality of this movie will prevent them from recasting later.

Shuri isn't a bad character, but I don't think we had enough T'Challa.

Well, that was a movie. Riri was good and I liked the final fight between Namonger and Black Panther. But other than that, this movie is forgettable, Namor was ok but not really very Namor like, the Atlanteans were boring, the Wakandans were boring, security in both Atlantis and Wakanda sucks and Agent Elaine was terrible.

Black Adam was worlds better than this movie.

All that said, I did tear up in the end when we see Shuri's memorial to T'Challa's passing. I respect people who enjoyed it for its own sake. Just really wasn't for me, especially Namor.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 11-13-2022 at 03:06 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Well, that was a movie. Riri was good and I liked the final fight between Namonger and Black Panther. But other than that, this movie is forgettable, Namor was ok but not really very Namor like, the Atlanteans were boring, the Wakandans were boring, security in both Atlantis and Wakanda sucks and Agent Elaine was terrible.

Black Adam was worlds better than this movie.

All that said, I did tear up in the end when we see Shuri's memorial to T'Challa's passing. I respect people who enjoyed it for its own sake. Just really wasn't for me, especially Namor.
    Honestly, Namor did not feel like he was the villain of the story and his request to Wakanda was not invalid as nobody would have even bothered him or his people if not for the reveal of Vibranium's existence and really can it not be said he got what he wanted by his last line saying that Wakanda would need them as allies?

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post

I like the music,action and story overall in wakanda forever more then the first film.
    Both are excellent films to me but i think the second one is better on average then the first one.

To me the music was better,the action was better on average and it had more of it and it was a longer film.

I was not bored at all and anybody and anyone saying it is a boring film(and i seen a few saying that on youtube and other places) saw a different film then i did.
    RT is not exactly the best method by which to gauche a movie's success given that is a system that can and has been manipulated in the past..heck from what i heard say, the page suspiciously went down and when it came back the film had a very large score as far as the audience goes, which i find is sus if it is true.

Incredible Member

Movie was enjoyable though I found the Talokans a bit underwhelming. Based on what was shown in the movie, they were not a convincing global threat.

Also, why would a Mayan Namor say "Imperius Rex" which is Latin. Comic Namor explained to Colossus he says this when the battle is joined and not during.

Extraordinary Member

RT is not exactly the best method by which to gauche a movie's success given that is a system that can and has been manipulated in the past..heck from what i heard say, the page suspiciously went down and when it came back the film had a very large score as far as the audience goes, which i find is sus if it is true.
    The page did not went down when i was going there.
    The audinence score was always in 90's(95 to 94 etc..,now 95 again) and 4.7 average score,so it's not sus to me.
    Cinemascore is a A by the way.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    Movie was enjoyable though I found the Talokans a bit underwhelming. Based on what was shown in the movie, they were not a convincing global threat.

Also, why would a Mayan Namor say "Imperius Rex" which is Latin. Comic Namor explained to Colossus he says this when the battle is joined and not during.
    I mean it was clearly just fan service. And I was 100% here for it. Non comic fans would have 0 knowledge of what it means. It was just as harmless as Zemo putting on the purple mask for one scene in FATWS. We all know what it means as comic fans, but it was just one tiny bit of fan service and you dont need more explanation than that. He doesnt ever even have to say it again in the MCU honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Yeah, speaking selfishly for a moment, I do worry that the quality of this movie will prevent them from recasting later.

Shuri isn't a bad character, but I don't think we had enough T'Challa.
    They literally introduced the crown prince of Wakanda named T'Challa. Give it around 10 years and they can safely recast a new Black Panther and get back on track with Marvel's intended role for BP.

Or shorter if time shenanigans will be concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    They literally introduced the crown prince of Wakanda named T'Challa. Give it around 10 years and they can safely recast a new Black Panther and get back on track with Marvel's intended role for BP.

You really think people are going to wate around 10 years or so to recast Black Panther? The MCU if it's still around by then isn't even going to be the same as it is now in 10 years they need to do a time jump or something and grow the kid up or maybe he can be kid panther and team with love?

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post

It's not boring but it does have boring parts init that seem to go on forever.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    You really think people are going to wate around 10 years or so to recast Black Panther? The MCU if it's still around by then isn't even going to be the same as it is now in 10 years they need to do a time jump or something and grow the kid up or maybe he can be kid panther and team with love?

Well to be fair look how much Cassie has grown in 8 years due to the Blip. We have Kang as the next villains so Time Travel and Multiverses aren't off the table.

Ultimate Member

RT never went down.

Even if RT is questionable, it has an A cinemascore.

Most people that saw it loved it. I didn't but that's just my opnion.

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post

Please dear god no, MCU and time shenanigans do not mix well if Endgame was any indication, plus do we really want to see them pull a Jon Kent?