Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

I’m sure it will be good because Coogler is a great director but the trailer really didn’t get me hyped. I liked that it was different tone than the recent “wacky” MCU projects.

Namor looked pretty cool until I saw him floating with his little foot wings.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Does not matter....

It's weeks 2-the premiere of Avatar 2 that matters. What is the rewatchablilty of this movie that will be the question.
    I personally don’t think Avatar 2 is going to be the juggernaut some are expecting. The first one came out 13 years ago and it really hasn’t aged well. People went crazy for it because of the groundbreaking visuals and the IMAX experience. That’s all pretty common place now. The story and the world seem pretty forgettable. It’s a story trope that’s been done to death. “Dances with Smurfs”.
    Last edited by Robotman; 10-04-2022 at 01:14 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Is MCU's new BP confirmed to be Shuri? Because his spy lover or body guard would make excellent BPs IMHO.
    Okoye would be ideal, for her fighting skills, but Nakia could fight, and would be more spy-like and less-warrior, and that could be interesting to see, a more Black Widow-y Black Panther, less scrappy than the MCU Black Panther has been so far (or more inclined to suit up to create a flashy distraction while her true mission objectives are accomplished somewhere else, or already have been secured, to obscure her true agenda).

Presumably whomever gets chosen, some sort of heart-shaped herb treatment will be available, since I can accept all sorts of crazy stuff, but the idea that this plant only grew in a single sacred cave in Wakanda, and can't be found in rare patches sprouting around the mountain in the wild (or that some gardener in the last thousand years hasn't taken a clipping or even an entire plant and grown it elsewhere), stretches my suspension of disbelief. Failing that, multiverse. Somewhere in the infinite multiverse, is one where Killmonger didn't burn it all.

Doesn't the mantle of Black Panther go along with being ruler of Wakanda? So whoever the crown passes to becomes the new Black Panther. If T'Challa did not have an heir, it would pass to his sister ... I think that's how it works.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    Doesn't the mantle of Black Panther go along with being ruler of Wakanda? So whoever the crown passes to becomes the new Black Panther. If T'Challa did not have an heir, it would pass to his sister ... I think that's how it works.
    No. You can be the Black Panther, which is just the protector of Wakanda and not be regent. For example, T'Chaka was king while T'challa was the BP.

Yeah, I think there's consistent precedent that the ruler and BP are the same person, T'Chaka was the prior Black Panther, but it doesn't have to be the case.

It looks great I'm not looking forward to CGI army battle in the MCU no 138 though.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    No. You can be the Black Panther, which is just the protector of Wakanda and not be regent. For example, T'Chaka was king while T'challa was the BP.
    I don't think so. T'Chaka was Black Panther before T'Challa, and when he was killed, both crown and BP passed to T'Challa. It why we see T'Challa going through the thing to formally become BP in the first movie ... though, the timeline there was a bit screwed up, since he'd already been acting as BP in Civil War, following his dad's death. Also might have been cool to see a little of T'Chaka as BP, but meh.

Anyway, true they don't have to stick to that. Particularly because, now that I'm thinking about that ceremony, I think the idea of Shuri beating M'Baka is pretty funny...
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

I'd be on board with a BP movie set in the past, at some point. Might be fun to see how Wakanda influenced prior world events in their favor, secretly. Be an awesome chance to depict steampunk vibranium, too.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Question to my fellows nerds. Keep seeing people reacting to the trailer calling Namor (Nuh-more) rather then the way I’ve said it my whole life which is the A says it’s name so sounds more like Nay-More. Which is correct?

I don't think so. T'Chaka was Black Panther before T'Challa, and when he was killed, both crown and BP passed to T'Challa. It why we see T'Challa going through the thing to formally become BP in the first movie ... though, the timeline there was a bit screwed up, since he'd already been acting as BP in Civil War, following his dad's death. Also might have been cool to see a little of T'Chaka as BP, but meh.

Anyway, true they don't have to stick to that. Particularly because, now that I'm thinking about that ceremony, I think the idea of Shuri beating M'Baka is pretty funny...
    No tchalla was already Black Panther in the first movie. Had been for a minute. The challenge where they stripped his powers away was for the crown. The king can be black Panther if they want but Tchaka had clearly passed the Mantle of Black Panther on awhile before civil war. He was an old overweight man. Tchalla even says something about him now being the protector and rulers of his country becuase of Bucky. He was already the protector and already had the power. Queen Ramada is ruling in this film for awhile atleast and I promise you she ain’t the black Panther it’s gonna be Shuri most likely and I doubt she becomes queen right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Question to my fellows nerds. Keep seeing people reacting to the trailer calling Namor (Nuh-more) rather then the way I’ve said it my whole life which is the A says it’s name so sounds more like Nay-More. Which is correct?
    Everyone says Constantine wrong, so I wouldn’t put too much stock in how they say Namor either.

Incorrect. As I already pointed out (and Mids corroborated), T'Challa was already the BP in Civil War and T'Chaka was king. The first movie's challenge was over kingship. Now as king, one can be BP or pass the mantle to another like his dad did.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I’ve always heard it Nay-More in my head. Even more confusing is how people pronounce Submariner.

I think Queen Shuri in her brother's throne, Okoye as the Wakandan protector honoring T'Challa's memory, M'Baku as the general, and Nakia as BP in her lover's stead is the more compelling story than Shuri being Queen/Protector/Panther in the MCU.

I think they messed up making Sam Cap (Bucky made more sense thematically) so I am hoping they don't do that again with BP. Shuri and Sam make more sense in the comics to take over, not in the MCU IMHO.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 10-04-2022 at 02:05 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Yah I'd much rather have seen Falcon stay the Falcon, and be that original character rather than having him take over the Cap role. Its just weird to me to have Falcon carry around a shield when he's already the full package without it. Plus, balance, but this is comic physics so that it pretty minor.

Bucky as a reluctant Cap would have been more buyable and interesting.

Also agree with Nakia as BP, she makes the most sense and it the most available. Shuri needs to stay as the technical support person, its just she is way too good at it to pass that on. It would be fun to have M'Baku as king, and Okoye as his general but that seems pretty unlikely.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.