Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Maori. Not aboriginal.
    Ok.

10 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    This thread is about Black Panther: Wakanda Forever. Stop derailing it with discussions about Aquaman.
    A sentence I never in a million years would have thought I would see.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    The changes are likely cultural based. Sure, they might be differentiating their "Atlantis" from the one in DC. But I, too, have wondered if the changes are to skirt around the Universal deal. If that's still in place, Namor won't get a film. It's why they haven't done one before now despite wanting to do one.
    I think it is mainly because they changed the cultural background of Namor but I would not be surprised if they didn't take into consideration that Disney already has their own fantasy "Atlantis", there have been on and off rumors about a live action Atlantis the Lost Empire remake so changing the name to Talocan offered them the opportunity to differentiate not just from DC but from themselves.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Ok.

10 characters.
    Either one dislikes being called the other and the last thing you want is an angry Maori after you

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    I think it is mainly because they changed the cultural background of Namor but I would not be surprised if they didn't take into consideration that Disney already has their own fantasy "Atlantis", there have been on and off rumors about a live action Atlantis the Lost Empire remake so changing the name to Talocan offered them the opportunity to differentiate not just from DC but from themselves.
    That's true. I never considered that. But I don't think Namor will get his own movie anyway. He'll just be like Hulk and pop up here and there occasionally.

Now it makes me wonder about Hercules. The MCU just introduced him and they are doing a live-action version of the animated film as well.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    If Black Widow and Hawkeye could be Avengers, then Oya and Shuri and M'Baku totally could be Avengers.

Not everyone has to be (or can be) the Iron Man of the team.

I am amused by the notion of an Avengers lineup made up of 'the replacements.' Iron Man? Rhodes' War Machine. Captain America? Sam Wilson. Black Widow? Yelena. Black Panther? Shuri (or whomever). Hulk? She-Hulk. Hawkguy? Hawkeye.

Ah, but who would stand in for Thor or the Scarlet Witch?
    There is imo a difference between a member of the Avengers and leading the franchise.

Yeah not not everyone has to be the "Iron Man" of the team, but someone has to. You can't have a team that is just made up of "Hawkeyes".
    And I'm not sure what character can really take over the lead, now with Tony Stark and Steve Rodgers gone.

And when it comes to the Black Panther Farnchise, I know alot of people liked Shuri but I think that there also alot (like me) who found her kind of annoying, and the other characters felt to me all pretty one note, and were imo not that fleshed out.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    And when it comes to the Black Panther Farnchise, I know alot of people liked Shuri but I think that there also alot (like me) who found her kind of annoying, and the other characters felt to me all pretty one note, and were imo not that fleshed out.
    I'm not the biggest fan of Shuri, either, and would prefer to see more of Ayo, M'Baku and Queen Romanda (and Killmonger!), of the characters in Black Panther who weren't T'Challa. It will be interesting to see how Wakanda developed over the five years of the Snap, when T'Challa was missing (and we only know that Ayo was not. Shuri *also* may have been Snapped, leading to Queen Romanda's statement about 'losing her entire family', and explaining why we saw Ayo virtually meeting with Black Widow in Endgame, representing Wakanda, instead of Shuri...).

But it is what it is, and if Shuri ends up running Wakanda eventually, perhaps someone else will have to take on more Avenger-y roles outside the country, since Wakanda might be wary of letting it's new ruler leave the country, given how much turnover there's been in the royal family over the last decade (and at least one of them, T'Challa's dad, lost while outside the country).

It's just too bad he won't get to fight T'Challa, which is what fans would've wanted...

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Tickets reportedly go on sale Monday the 3rd, runtime is reportedly 2 Hours 41 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    Surprised how much Riri is in this film.

BANNED

I wil see it.

Incredible Member

That trailer looks fantastic! I wish they had recast T'challa but it is what it is. I'm still going to see this and support the film.