Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    It don’t matter

As long as Huerta’s good as the character, it shouldn’t matter if he’s some Adonis. Would have been absolutely insane if they decided to get rid of the actor because he didn’t put on muscle like Hemsworth.
    Despite RDJR’s protestations, playing a part as a superhero or supervillain isn’t some grand, artistic pursuit.

They should have CGI-ed the crap out of Huerta or cast a different actor, IMO.

Astonishing Member

This is the "fatty" in question.

I'm guessing this is going to go the same way as the Daniel Craig complaints after he was cast as James Bond.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    How did you feel about the new Hercules? I thought it was a skit when it was revealed.
    I took it as a one-off joke or Easter egg, like Howard the Duck in the Guardians. I never thought of Hercules as British, and I still don’t. Although, Goldstein could certainly pass as Greek. He’ll need to bulk up, though, if that’s a real role going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post

I'm guessing this is going to go the same way as the Daniel Craig complaints after he was cast as James Bond.
    Daniel Craig was and remains too old to play Bond, IMO.

He’s a decent enough actor so he carried it off, but he is not the definitive Bond or anywhere close to it in my book.

Also, those are nice pics of Huerta, but hardly represent the norm in his portrayal of Namor. I mean, c’mon, just look at this — does this look like Namor to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Despite RDJR’s protestations, playing a part as a superhero or supervillain isn’t some grand, artistic pursuit.

They should have CGI-ed the crap out of Huerta or cast a different actor, IMO.
    Playing a fictional superhero doesn’t necessitate putting an actor through the wringer just so they look like they’re actually the ruler of an under water kingdom.

Personally, I watch superhero films for stories and action, not for rippling biceps. He is, very clearly not out of shape. Yes, he does not look Olympian, but that’s probably why he’s an actor, not a professional swimmer. Imagine going through loads of auditions/possible castings, finding an actor that conveys everything you want from the character you’ve written in your story, but then deciding you wanna get rid of him because he’s not able to get a professional swimmer’s body in time for the shoot.

It would be silly to prioritise that over the actor’s talents

Also, have CGI muscles ever looked good?
    Last edited by Jack The Tripper; 10-27-2022 at 12:39 PM.

Astonishing Member

Also, those are nice pics of Huerta, but hardly represent the norm in his portrayal of Namor. I mean, c’mon, just look at this — does this look like Namor to you?

Okay, I think I know where the confusion is now.

That is not a picture of Tenoch Huerta. That is a picture of John Belushi from Animal House.

John Belushi has not been cast as Namor, and the movie will not have Namor wearing a makeshift toga. I hope I cleared things up for you.

PS. Are you dropping the "fatty" comments now? Or are you going to keep insisting that Tenoch is chubby?

Okay, I think I know where the confusion is now.

That is not a picture of Tenoch Huerta. That is a picture of John Belushi from Animal House.

John Belushi has not been cast as Namor, and the movie will not have Namor wearing a makeshift toga. I hope I cleared things up for you.

PS. Are you dropping the "fatty" comments now? Or are you going to keep insisting that Tenoch is chubby?
    Are you that humorless?

And no, Huerta isn’t in great shape. He’s still a chub. Is Marvel so lacking in CGI artists they could not fly some special FX in over his lack of muscle tone?

He’s a decent enough actor so he carried it off, but he is not the definitive Bond or anywhere close to it in my book.
    Wait...So Bond never got older? He was always 20?

Are you that humorless?

And no, Huerta isn’t in great shape. He’s still a chub. Is Marvel so lacking in CGI artists they could not fly some special FX in over his lack of muscle tone?
    Damn, If he is a chub, then I am a full on whale or Brontosaurus.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Wait...So Bond never got older? He was always 20?
    Dalton, Moore, and Brosnan were all older than Craig was in their first Bond movies. I never got that complaint about Craig

Astonishing Member

There are 2 points of view on this. You think that Daniel Craig was not a good Bond. And everyone else thinks that he is.

Are you that humorless?

I have a great sense of humor. You're just not funny.

There are 2 points of view on this. You think that Daniel Craig was not a good Bond. And everyone else thinks that he is.

I have a great sense of humor. You're just not funny.
    You shouldn't say everyone because Lazenby's the only Bond I'd put beneath him.

What do you guys think about Riri? Here's a tv spot with her character interacting with minor spoiler characters.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    What do you guys think about Riri? Here's a tv spot with her character interacting with minor spoiler characters.
    She looks fat to me.

See I do have a sense of humor.