Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Trailer looks pretty dope to me, well done
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Namor’s trolleys look good.

This is my favorite trailer for a CbM since Logan’s trailer with the Johnny cash song hurt.

1. They really giving Namor the ankle wings. Didn’t think they would but I’m happy they did.

2. Seems obvious shuri gonna take over as Black Panther but M’Baku appears to be wearing a BP suit aswell I’m the shot where we see him looking up. Wonder if all the main characters gonna get a vibrnium suit for some final battle.

3. The movie looks beautiful from this teaser. Costume/Set design and then just the cinematography. Just that shot of the Atlantians riding on the side of whales looked beautiful.

Attuma is in this so he will be the real villain I’m sure. I just hope they don’t make Namor too likable. My favorite thing about the character is his constant dickery. Type of guy who’s an Ahole because he’s gets off on it. He can do the most heroic thing in the world and then turn around and say the worst thing possible.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    While I get that "This Is Probably A Deal Breaker..." will be how a lot of folks feel?

The idea that "Black Panther..." is like "Iron Fist..." where there has been more than just one getting to be where the story goes is pretty interesting to me. It's a shame that how things played out is how we got here, but the idea of the mantle being passed on is really interesting.
    Not to me. I'll be interested in seeing the mantle pass when we've spend some time with T'challa. We didn't get to see him grow before being potentially replaced. Recast the damn part

Marvel should have just used the multiverse concept and pulled a different T'challa from a different universe into the MCU. Just use this movie as a proper send-off of Boseman's T-challa and then introduce the alternate T'challa at the end. Guess this will be some sort of climate change/eco terrorism narrative given Namor's involvement.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Marvel should have just used the multiverse concept and pulled a different T'challa from a different universe into the MCU. Just use this movie as a proper send-off of Boseman's T-challa and then introduce the alternate T'challa at the end. Guess this will be some sort of climate change/eco terrorism narrative given Namor's involvement.
    Yeah, I suppose an alternate-multiverse T'Challa would not be technically recasting, particularly since we just had three different "real" Peter Parkers, played by different actors, in the same movie. I suppose that sets a precedent that the same person can look different ... don't know if such an in-story explanation would mollify people who don't want to see the role recast.

Though as I think about it, I don't suppose I've really seen a ton of fans who were hardset against recasting anyway, so I don't know...
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    I rather if Marvel didn't resort to using Arrowverse bullshit to fix casting woes.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    Yeah, I suppose an alternate-multiverse T'Challa would not be technically recasting, particularly since we just had three different "real" Peter Parkers, played by different actors, in the same movie. I suppose that sets a precedent that the same person can look different ... don't know if such an in-story explanation would mollify people who don't want to see the role recast.

Though as I think about it, I don't suppose I've really seen a ton of fans who were hardset against recasting anyway, so I don't know...
    Yeah, I think the decision against recasting was an emotional one made by Disney, who were facing some hard deadlines with regards to the movie.

Ideally, they'll come around after the movie

BANNED

The trailer is magnificent. It strikes directly to the heart.
    I really hope that Marvel won't screw this up, for Chadwick Boseman's memory.

Wesee Namor. Wonder if we see Storm as well in some capacity and how TChalla's absence is going to be explained.

One thing I didn't like is it looks like anther army battle at the end I'm so sick of MCU army battles even Thor had the unneeded army of kids vs shadow monsters anuff already.

It's kind of weird for me. The trailer has this sense of mourning and this kind of unfocuseness with T'Challa gone and no visible Black Panther, and you feel Ramonda's grief (with possibly Angela Basset's real feelings shining through), and it's really hard to process T'Challa's death because they're basically killing him off-screen .

And we've also got Namor's origins, the idea that he's worn the same trunks since he was a child (), and the Atlanteans looking like one weird cultural hodgepodge as they take on Wakanda.

Oh, and Riri is already in Wakanda it seems.

I guess that's Shuri's Black Panther suit at the end...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    One thing I didn't like is it looks like anther army battle at the end I'm so sick of MCU army battles even Thor had the unneeded army of kids vs shadow monsters anuff already.
    Wakanda is clearly being attacked by a powerful nation. Makes sense to retaliate with your army at some point.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    …when the biggest detractors concerning this know damn well enough that they’d have picked apart anyone who had been recast and how the role would have been played going forward.
    Is that any different from any other recast???

Heath Leger was picked apart and yet nailed Joker.

Star Trek, Dr Who, Power Rangers and others have had to replace leads be it new person or a recast.

Heck Soap Operas made a career of it.

Yet here-it can't be done.

People who want it are detractors. When we got a history of studios moving on and recasting.

Yes getting picked apart comes with the JOB.

Folks would RIOT if Marvel said Logan and the Fox era X-Men would not be casted because of the previous folks were so iconic.

So instead here is Ms Marvel and the New X-Men Academy kids.

Yah, I could see Sue Richards falling for that guy. I'm in.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Wakanda is clearly being attacked by a powerful nation. Makes sense to retaliate with your army at some point.
    I didn't say it didn't make sense I'm saying I'm seen army battles in almost every MCU movie time for something different if I never see a giant CGI army battle in a MCU movie again I'd be okay with that write something different.