Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Just saw it this afternoon. In terms of the cons, certain scenes felt short. They should have been given more time to breath or carry that emotional weight. I think that about T'Challa's and Queen Ramonda's passings. There should have been a bit more time to feel that impact. Also, I feel the grandeur was missing. It was great to see Wakanda and Talocan. However, the CGI and visual effects, while impressive, still felt like effects. Part of me wanted to see more real life sets and props. With the final fight scene between the Wakandans and Talocanos, I was expecting a fleet of Wakandan cruisers and an army of Talocanos. What we got felt small scale. Still, these are issues I've had with a lot of Marvel and even modern films.

Still, the pros were excellent. The women in this movie truly gave an impressive show of strength. Queen Ramonda talking with the U.N., Shuri fighting against Namor, Okoye, Riri, everyone just stepped up. The political aspects of the film where great. Seeing the conflict between Wakanda and Talocan reminded me of scenes like this from Priest's run:

The political debate and strategy discussed amongst Wakanda, Talocan, and even the United States felt like real leaders attempting to settle real political issues. Of course, that boils over into real consequences and attacks. Huerta's Namor took some time to grow on me, but his attack on Wakanda and his fight with Shuri proved to me that this was the real Namor.

I think the end fight could have been better. But I'm glad that it wasn't the ending. Shuri on the beach, reflecting on T'Challa, that was good. Big applause in the theater when that happened (as well as when Chadwick Boseman's name showed up on the screen).

All in all, I liked the film. Inspired me to read more comics and watch more Marvel shows!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    Saw it this past Tuesday and enjoyed it. Crowd clapped at the end. Definitely could feel the length of the movie, but most of the material held my interest. Only feel gripe I had was felt the new BP was way too skinny/small. While plot-wise it makes sense for the princess to step up, almost any other woman in the tribe (include the deceased Queen) would've filled out a Black Panther suit way better from a muscle tone aspect.

Feel that way about Gal Godot as Wonder Woman, too. There size would be ok for a hero that doesn't have super strength. But for their size, they should be speedsters or something! LOL!
    When your powers don’t come from working out does muscle tone matter? The suit and the herb are what’s important not muscle mass.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Just saw it this afternoon. In terms of the cons, certain scenes felt short. They should have been given more time to breathe or carry that emotional weight. I think that about T'Challa's and Queen Ramonda's passings. There should have been a bit more time to feel that impact.
    Sooooo you wanted the movie to have an even longer run time?

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    Sooooo you wanted the movie to have an even longer run time?
    It didn't feel like two hours and 30 minutes to me. So yeah, if it would have helped the story, then yes.

Come to think of it, some of the dialogue could have been better. As I said previously, it shares a problem I feel a lot of Marvel films have, dialogue that isn't very memorable.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    When your powers don’t come from working out does muscle tone matter? The suit and the herb are what’s important not muscle mass.
    For the Flash, isn't it the chemical/lightning/speed force bath that gives him his powers? So he could be an overwieght person and still have the ability to run fast. But it wouldn't look as good.

It would just be aesthetically pleasing to look the part. I don't even think it's the muscle tone totally. She is just a really, really slim person that makes the Panther look more kitten-like.

Feel that way for Gal Gadot, too. But Shuri makes Wonder Woman look thick.

Is there a spoiler thread for this?

I thought it was good with some truly great moments.

It was at its strongest during the emotional parts, and the script was fairly weak imo. Central conflict was a bit flimsy too, BUT performances were great. Huerta was so good as Namor.

Although I like Shuri, I think her as a lead character isn’t the best use of Letitia Wright. She handled it well enough, but she just isn’t a lead actress imo. I would have liked if they found a way to focus more on Lupita N’yongo’s N’akia more.

Excited for more overall.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Although I like Shuri, I think her as a lead character isn’t the best use of Letitia Wright. She handled it well enough, but she just isn’t a lead actress imo. I would have liked if they found a way to focus more on Lupita N’yongo’s N’akia more.
    Same, but for me it's Angela Basset's Queen Romanda that I could watch all day. Or even M'Baku.

Letitia Wright did a great enthusiastic, occasionally irreverent, young scientist in the first movie, and parts of the second, but once she crossed into angry and vengeful, I just wasn't feeling it. I feel like Angela Basset, in her speech to the other countries representatives, did a much better job of selling her anger and grief.

And yeah, I know that's a horribly unfair comparison to make. Sorry Letitia!

Just finished seeing this. Easily my favorite Phase 4 MCU movie.

Cool As brill and sad as expected

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    What an incredible movie!
    So good wasn't it! As sad as I expected, if not more so, but a brill performance all round, with a special shout out to Angela Bassett. Perhaps my favourite Marvel series!

Also managed to get a decent discount on tickets this weekend as I joined tastecard - saw someone mention on another movie forum and I'm glad I did as it was nearly half price. Certainly will save myself a few pennies from now on

100% agree, in another league! I'm rushing back to see it again

Disney submitted bp2 for best picture.

https://screenrant.com/black-panther...arvel-bassett/

I feel like the Black Panther franchise is definitely the MCU's frontrunner when it comes to actually taking the source material seriously. I suspect there's many a director/writer who would've devoted at least a minute to cracking jokes about Namor's wings and pointy ears.
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Congrats to Angela Bassett for the Golden Globe nomination!

And the other nominations:

BEST SONG

“Lift Me Up” – Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

Hannah Beachler and the production team have gotten some nominations from various film critic groups, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for her in the Oscars. Ditto Ruth Carter, whose costumes were amazing!
    Last edited by Reviresco; 12-15-2022 at 10:26 AM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Astonishing Member

She really deserves the acting nominations. She may not win them but her performance elevated and focused the real life grief into a tangible emotional depth in the movie. Everyone went into it expecting to see the loss of Chadwick translated onto screen and our characters dealing with the real life grief as shown in the fictional world. Angela brought her A game imo. She had the gravitas to mother us, to lead us through the process of how to move on. Easily one of the best acting performances of the MCU.

Which is why it is deserving of individual praise.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    She really deserves the acting nominations. She may not win them but her performance elevated and focused the real life grief into a tangible emotional depth in the movie. Everyone went into it expecting to see the loss of Chadwick translated onto screen and our characters dealing with the real life grief as shown in the fictional world. Angela brought her A game imo. She had the gravitas to mother us, to lead us through the process of how to move on. Easily one of the best acting performances of the MCU.

Which is why it is deserving of individual praise.
    I agree. She was wonderful!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?