Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I didn't say it didn't make sense I'm saying I'm seen army battles in almost every MCU movie time for something different if I never see a giant CGI army battle in a MCU movie again I'd be okay with that write something different.
    “…and all the critics and fans will look up and shout: ‘No more CGI army battles!’. And I’ll look down and whisper: ‘No.”
    —Marvel Studios

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Certainly have mixed feelings about no T'Challa
    Same here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't want a movie about Panthers mom.
    Well, i want to see that movie showing her with adventures of young warrior tech prince Tchalla

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Kind of have to see it because of Namor being in it. But I am not interested in a Black Panther Movie without Black Panther.
    Agreed!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Is that any different from any other recast???

Heath Leger was picked apart and yet nailed Joker.

Star Trek, Dr Who, Power Rangers and others have had to replace leads be it new person or a recast.

Heck Soap Operas made a career of it.

Yet here-it can't be done.

People who want it are detractors. When we got a history of studios moving on and recasting.

Yes getting picked apart comes with the JOB.

Folks would RIOT if Marvel said Logan and the Fox era X-Men would not be casted because of the previous folks were so iconic.

So instead here is Ms Marvel and the New X-Men Academy kids.
    Tgus right here perfectly describes my current stance on MCU BP.....it cosmically acute and painful degree. Agreed and co-signed with a swiftness!
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 07-24-2022 at 02:37 PM.

With the baby being born in the middle and the black panther suit showing up towards the end - could this be the son of T'Challa?
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    People who want it are detractors. When we got a history of studios moving on and recasting.
    There's also a history of characters being killed off or written out due to the actor not wanting to play the role, being unable to play the role, or dying themselves.

So...yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Its not really a deal breaker. I will still see it. Ill do my best to enjoy it. But if I am being honest if it didnt have Namor I would give this a pass.
    That's pretty much what's drawing me to it, although iron heart is a bit of a bonus.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    With the baby being born in the middle and the black panther suit showing up towards the end - could this be the son of T'Challa?
    The baby is Namor. It’s an underwater birth and there are wings on his ankles.

Incredible Member

T’Challa is not the only Black Panther. His father was Black Panther before him. It is a title handed down through the generations. So it makes sense for there to be a new Black Panther.

This isn’t the same as recasting Batman/Bruce Wayne or even Iron Man/Tony Stark, whom Marvel also chose not to recast.

Black Panther is dead. Long live Black Panther.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    T’Challa is not the only Black Panther. His father was Black Panther before him. It is a title handed down through the generations. So it makes sense for there to be a new Black Panther.

This isn’t the same as recasting Batman/Bruce Wayne or even Iron Man/Tony Stark, whom Marvel also chose not to recast.

We barely got to see T'Challa rule as Black Panther. It is too soon to pass the mantle on to another character.

.... as long as there are absolutely no sex-slavery camps in Wakanda and the whole country isn't destroyed in a flood, I'll check it out..

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    We barely got to see T'Challa rule as Black Panther. It is too soon to pass the mantle on to another character.
    Agreed, we need more of him before he gets replaced

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

I believe that’s Nakia in the BP suit. Clue (1) They show her at the very beginning of the trailer. Clue (2) The shape of the person in the suit seems feminine. I rule out Shiri bc she is very petite. The person has a little more curves. Clue (3) The Queen said she lost her ENTIRE family. I think Nakia will have to rescue Shiri from Namor. But Dr. Doom is actually pulling the strings unbeknownst to both kingdoms.

So is T’Challa dead In the MCU?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    So is T’Challa dead In the MCU?
    it seems that is the way they went since they didnt recast.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post

T'Challa is the Black Panther though. It's a title that's passed down and Shuri had it for like a few years, but no one owns the title and defines it like T'Challa does.

Astonishing Member

From what I have read on some sites. The cast did not want to do it with a recast. Everyone is upset but if thats true this is the best option. I understand why Marvel did with they did. Recasting sounds easy. But this will be a memorial for this actor. Its the proper way to do it. Not just doing a movie with another actor and everyone acting like its all cool. Sorry I agree with Marvel on this.