Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Yes, I'm often quite naive when it comes to assuming people have the best intentions in regards to the stories they're crafting. I'm forever underestimating the power of being petty.

Ain't gonna stop me from still hoping for the best, though

I mean, Adams' Flash is so much fun. If only he'd find an artist whose style was as good a match for what he was doing as Ringo's was for Waid. I suspect that's the secret ingredient missing that is keeping the current Flash run from being more financially successful.
    I doubt a different artist would attract more attention, DC just hasn’t been advertising the book. And going back to Waid Flash has rarely been a huge seller apparently, only exception was around the early days of the CW show + the New 52 that did give him a boost.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Yes, I'm often quite naive when it comes to assuming people have the best intentions in regards to the stories they're crafting. I'm forever underestimating the power of being petty.
    Now I'm really worried; it's the Wally fans' turn to be petty.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Now I'm really worried; it's the Wally fans' turn to be petty.

"We" already started having our revenge, as you can see in Jeremy Adams first arc and Voidsong, by turbing Barry Allen into a HUGE NERD!

(Too bad it backfired and those comics turned out to be awesome)

:P

Seriously speaking, though, I don't think you have anything to worry about. At least not under the current regime.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Speaking as a Wally fan, I hope the current and future regime stays away from the petty politics of the Johns/Didio era that dragged the DCU into the toilet.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Speaking as a Wally fan, I hope the current and future regime stays away from the petty politics of the Johns/Didio era that dragged the DCU into the toilet.
    Here is hoping. I'm just enjoying the current Flash and hoping it is a springboard to expand the Flash family.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I doubt a different artist would attract more attention, DC just hasn’t been advertising the book. And going back to Waid Flash has rarely been a huge seller apparently, only exception was around the early days of the CW show + the New 52 that did give him a boost.
    Waid's Flash was never a blockbuster, but it kept gaining readers, particularly once Ringo came on board. It lost steam by the end, though, once Waid ran out of ideas and we were left with *shudders* Cobalt Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    "We" already started having our revenge, as you can see in Jeremy Adams first arc and Voidsong, by turbing Barry Allen into a HUGE NERD!

(Too bad it backfired and those comics turned out to be awesome)

:P

Seriously speaking, though, I don't think you have anything to worry about. At least not under the current regime.
    Nerd suits Barry well. It's his original and truest characterization.

A weird transition era. They're still just completing leftover projects, and having to deal with the fallout of things like casting choices lol.

Waid's Flash was never a blockbuster, but it kept gaining readers, particularly once Ringo came on board.
    Yeah, once Ringo came aboard and replaced Pete Best in 1962, the Beatles truly became the Fab Four and dominated the 1960s rock scene.

Oh, wait. Not *that* Ringo.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

dumb question: does the corporate structure have much say in the comics line up?

I know at Disney Fiege is in charge of comics so he has power, is it the same at DC?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    dumb question: does the corporate structure have much say in the comics line up?

I know at Disney Fiege is in charge of comics so he has power, is it the same at DC?
    Depends on the corporate overlords, I'd guess.

Jennette Khan and Paul Levitz seemed to largely protect the comics from corporate nonsense. Once Levitz left and Diane Nelson took over, she definitely spearheaded some really bone-headed decisions with Didio like the disastrous Before Watchmen comics. Nelson and Didio were most certainly behind the decision to reboot the line with the New 52 in an effort to streamline the characters to make them more easily adaptable for outside media. And Johns certainly exerted his influence the more he rose up the corporate pecking order.

It appears that Johns and Nelson then worked together closely, but Nelson seemed to think he'd usurped her (this is purely speculation on my part) and was forced out or retired from the company, giving Johns full control of DC until the Justice League debacle caused his own downfall, and Didio soon followed.

Currently, I'm sure Marie Javins is dealing with tons and tons of corporate nonsense on a daily basis, but I have no clue how much or how little is affecting the comics at the moment beyond "You need to make more money and Batman is the fastest way to do that"

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Depends on the corporate overlords, I'd guess.

Jennette Khan and Paul Levitz seemed to largely protect the comics from corporate nonsense. Once Levitz left and Diane Nelson took over, she definitely spearheaded some really bone-headed decisions with Didio like the disastrous Before Watchmen comics. Nelson and Didio were most certainly behind the decision to reboot the line with the New 52 in an effort to streamline the characters to make them more easily adaptable for outside media. And Johns certainly exerted his influence the more he rose up the corporate pecking order.

It appears that Johns and Nelson then worked together closely, but Nelson seemed to think he'd usurped her (this is purely speculation on my part) and was forced out or retired from the company, giving Johns full control of DC until the Justice League debacle caused his own downfall, and Didio soon followed.

Currently, I'm sure Marie Javins is dealing with tons and tons of corporate nonsense on a daily basis, but I have no clue how much or how little is affecting the comics at the moment beyond "You need to make more money and Batman is the fastest way to do that"
    that's interesting, so it makes me wonder if Discovery is like we need marketing pivot to whatever movie is coming out and push out titles?

oh and more batman!

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    . . . oh and more batman!
    Don't forget more cowbell.

WAIT! More Batman . . . more cowbell . . . MORE BAT-COW!