Default Shouldn't self-defense be more excusable if it were done more humane enough?

Shouldn't there be a better way for that like something more humane?

Self-defense is a reactionary move… meaning you don’t have much time to think to choose between different actions (if I understand well what you mean by self-defense).

It’s perfectly excusable because it means that your life is at risk if you don’t anything.

It’s not preemptive strike which is much more controversial.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

As this is way too broad, I'm going to pick a subset of self-defense and focus on police interaction with potentially violent civilians. Yes, their self-defense which often involves at the least beating people and all too often shooting or beating to death people who simply disobey them I would say perfecting less lethal and more humane forms of self-defense or incapacitation would be ideal. Then again, we'd have to get them to use those things. But it'd be a start.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

I am the master of my domain.

Extraordinary Member

If someone attacks me, I'm going to do whatever I can to escape, and the results are on him.