Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Interior art from issue #1:

More character designs:

Sir i am beyond the stars over-joyed for your to bless Static with your incredible talent and skill....and i hope you stay on Static for the long haul hopefully leading into Static animation adaptation.

Some opinions however [easy guys, just some thoughts]

(1) I always preferred Static with a long coat or lengthy jacket because it gave the strong visual super-cool impression of a cape without technically being one like Neo in Matrix trilogy (especially in Reloaded) and Krrish (especially Krrish 2 &3.... Indian superhero movies). Having said that, i very much preferred the long jacket in the animated series than in the original comics.

(2) Apart from the cape impression, a long jacket would be more useful to carry or hide tools or gadgets and even one of two people including Static himself especially if the long jacket has some special tech function perks for periods if or when Static's powers are low or on the fritz. And a long jacket just flows better with the dreads at least to me.

(3) Please make the face shade cap front of the hood RETRACTABLE. It looks VERY ODD dangling on Static's upper back when he is not wearing it.

(4) There is some need some more blue and yellow on the main costume without the jacket to add some contrast , make it pop....and of course because its fitting homage to the animated series we love.

(5) Static costume shoes....the sole is a little flat; please add at least a 2nd layer there as well as some blue in the under-sole design. There top-side of the shoes are fine perhaps add some blue crescents or edges.

Just opinions otherwise i am still shaking eagerly awaiting season 2 ....with hopes that we get to see Static exhibit and acknowledge is other EMS/ Electro-Magnetic Spectrum abilities beyond just electricity. Static is NOT Black Lightning, Static has a much wider range and variety of abilities not restricted to only Electricity.
    Last edited by Besouro; 08-17-2022 at 08:36 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Nikolas Draper-Ivey has mentioned a few times that one of his ideals/goals is to make a work that'll scream "Animate me, now!"; from the looks of this, since he's going even harder on the Anime-influenced art style, I think he's succeeding.
    He is exceedingly succeeding indeed.

I just think NDI might be a little too constrained by the restricted number of pages that do not let him fully blow up his sequences like in most manhwas but still is a grand exhibition of talent.

All Milestone Media execs should be PUSHING for a Static animation project under NDI.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I like the idea of a progression with regards to his shadow form. him being stuck in that form could be an interesting piece of pathos for him earlier on but it would be awesome if as he grows more comfortable and natural in his dark villainous nature he can freely choose when to change but ultimately default to his shadow form as a show of power. the episode where the bang babies lost their powers was a pivotal defining episode for Ebon and Hotstreak as iconic villains; Ebon was really defined to me by that choice. i don't think we get that if he can just control it off rip, and I don't think him just being stuck in it will be enough either. If Hotstreak is the evil Bakugo to Virgil's Midoriya, then Ebon should be the Shigaraki to them all.
    Very well said, Agreed.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I wondered about this. I got a notice from my mail order service saying I had a credit for the first two issues. Glad to hear it's coming out just delayed (with hopefully a LOT more Milestone stuff too!)

Extraordinary Member

Looking forward to it .

Does Frieda have shorter hair?

Extraordinary Member

Holding up hope that Dusk eventually shows up

Extraordinary Member

Static: Shadows of Dakota #1 Preview
    Writers: Nikolas Draper-Ivey and Vita Ayala
    Artist: Nikolas Draper-Ivey

That art is great.

I preferred Frieda with longer hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I preferred Frieda with longer hair.
    Just pretend she's Aquaman. *grin*

Also, teenage girls changing their hairstyle is nothing new. She can always grow it long again. It could always be shorter. (And some of us like shorter hair on women.)

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    Just pretend she's Aquaman. *grin*

Also, teenage girls changing their hairstyle is nothing new. She can always grow it long again. It could always be shorter. (And some of us like shorter hair on women.)
    Oh I know. Just expressing a preference for her season 1 look .

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Issue's out, pretty good stuff

The art is straight fire and Ebon looks awesome. Looking forward to the inevitable clash between him and Static. I like how can imagine the characters speaking perfectly in their cartoon voices.

Interesting how Bang Babies are more out in the open. Like that little girl had black eyes and she didn't seem to be hiding it.