Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Boisterously Confused

Default ...Just Needed Killin'!

The most satisfying character's death in all of Cinema (or TV/Streaming) history was...?

BANNED

I'd like to come back with more, but the one that always hit me as sweet relief was Tara on "Buffy the Vampire Slayer". She was such a Debbie Downer, especially compared to the rest of the crowd. Just sullen and adding absolutely nothing to the show. Even setting aside the Dark Willow ending to the season which was pretty fun I was just glad to have that anchor off the show. I think she stood out for me because most you would typically think of wanting to see get killed off are designed to be hated and to root for their deaths, where I don't think that was the intention with Tara.

Extraordinary Member

Ramsay Bolton’s death in Game of Thrones. I would have put Joffrey above him, except the story rolls from Joffrey’s death to Tyrion framed for it. In comparison, just seeing Sansa feed Ramsay to his own dogs and getting a bit of catharsis herself means the audience got to enjoy it a bit more.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Count Rugen.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Ramsay Bolton’s death in Game of Thrones. I would have put Joffrey above him, except the story rolls from Joffrey’s death to Tyrion framed for it. In comparison, just seeing Sansa feed Ramsay to his own dogs and getting a bit of catharsis herself means the audience got to enjoy it a bit more.
    This! Ramsay was my most hated character in book/tv history ever. I was so looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    I'd like to come back with more, but the one that always hit me as sweet relief was Tara on "Buffy the Vampire Slayer". She was such a Debbie Downer, especially compared to the rest of the crowd. Just sullen and adding absolutely nothing to the show. Even setting aside the Dark Willow ending to the season which was pretty fun I was just glad to have that anchor off the show. I think she stood out for me because most you would typically think of wanting to see get killed off are designed to be hated and to root for their deaths, where I don't think that was the intention with Tara.
    Speaking of Buffy, well, the death of Buffy at the end of season 5 was pretty damn satisfying. In the sens that it was meaningful, well executed, moving and a quite fitting way to go for a slayer.

It was a fantastic way to end the show and boy, i sure as hell could have done without season 6 and 7.

I will second Ramsay and Joffrey. And add Cersei, but that should have come sooner.

Also, Gollum from LOTR.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Paul Riser's character Burke in "Aliens" soooo had it comin'...

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Yeah, that's a good one. Riser's spent so much of his career playing neurotic-but-likable characters, you forget how loathsome his Carter Burke was in that film.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Yeah, that's a good one. Riser's spent so much of his career playing neurotic-but-likable characters, you forget how loathsome his Carter Burke was in that film.
    "I don't know which species is worse. You don't see them [the Xenomorphs] f***ing each other over for a goddamn percentage!"
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ha. Yeah, Burke was so terrible I don't think anyone minded that Hicks was about to straight-up murder the man in cold blood.

Hans Gruber

Yes for Ramsey, but Joffrey as well.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Hans Gruber...
    Gotta admit, that's YMMV for me. I thought his end inevitable, but I wasn't thirsting to see him get it they way I was Lor-Zod in the most recent season of Young Justice.

Another for me would be Bruce Dern's Asa Watts in The Cowboys. Deservedly appropriate and horrible end, with just the right touch of irony to it.
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 07-28-2022 at 06:58 AM.

Mrs. Carmody from "The Mist"

Nurse Ratchet from "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" lived, but when she was being choked, I admit I would not have minded if Jack finished her off.