Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I'd rather characters from New 52 were not used at all if another option is turning them into abomination that is Power Girl.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Make an elseworld omnibus for Morrison's superman.. That's pretty much it.Leave new52 as an elseworld story with start,middle and end.for once, let something end and stay that way.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 07-28-2022 at 04:11 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I'd rather characters from New 52 were not used at all if another option is turning them into abomination that is Power Girl.
    Oh! Sorry, I didn't flesh out my thought properly: those characters would be how we find out about the creation of the alternate universes, where said characters are supposed to go to but didn't for some reason. It's not meant as a permanent thing, unless some want to stay in the wrong universe for whatever reason (or visit, if that's a possibility for them). I just meant that as a plot point.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Make an elseworld omnibus for Morrison's superman.. That's pretty much it.Leave new52 as an elseworld story with start,middle and end.. Don't try anything with it... That guy went into space with authority..
    Definitely on the first half - but the New52 has it's fans, and I wouldn't want to leave them out in the cold, either. I felt that in 2011 and wouldn't wish it on anybody, even over a continuity I'm not particularly fond of.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Well, good to see that the panic from that cryptic tweet has subsided.

I’ll gently pat myself on the back for my previous prediction:

Maybe its some new story that takes place around the time of his death...
    Then I hear the raspy voice of Peter Faulk kindly telling me to shut up.

14vr30.jpg

But yeah, the covers look pretty boss. Really like the one of Lois. Also always happy to see Doomsday in containment suit. It’s always reminded me of 50s/60s contemporary sci-fi.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

It warms the old heart to see the little Jurgens/Breeding credit on the wraparound...never thought I'd see them work together again.

I know they had a falling out, but did we ever find out why? Their work was pretty magical at times, neither have stood out as much (to me) since they parted ways.
    Last edited by Clark_Kent; 07-28-2022 at 06:47 AM.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Interesting interview with Jurgens.

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/07/28/da...man-dc-comics/

Sounds like DC didn't really have plans to do anything until it came up in casual conversations (ironic considering that was how they kind of decided to kill him initially).

Also, he had no intent to pull the whole band back together, he just had his story that he wanted to do with Breeding.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Interesting interview with Jurgens.

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/07/28/da...man-dc-comics/

Sounds like DC didn't really have plans to do anything until it came up in casual conversations (ironic considering that was how they kind of decided to kill him initially).

Also, he had no intent to pull the whole band back together, he just had his story that he wanted to do with Breeding.
    No, he just did not have control or anything over the other parts of the book. He immediately says:

Obviously, we want the teams of those days to do it. Roger Stern and Butch Guice will do a story. And Jerry Ordway and Tom Grummett will do a story as will Louise Simonson and Jon Bogdanove.

Fortunately, all those people said yes, and I’m so glad they did because I kept telling them if they waffled at all we can’t do it without you. And I truly mean that this has to be those teams, everybody together with a chance to say what it is they want to say, or do the story they want to do that touches on those days and kind of that story and what happened with Superman.
    and this is after he already said
    I wrote a little something up and suggested something that could kind of address that idea of that story. Use the original creative teams to do it. And DC was totally on board and said, yeah, let’s go for it. And really got behind it and has been adding all sorts of fun things to it ever since. So it’s been a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    No, he just did not have control or anything over the other parts of the book. He immediately says:

and this is after he already said
    Right. More idea guy than curator.

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Right. More idea guy than curator.
    Yeah, it makes sense - he was DC's Geoff Johns before Johns was a thing (Zero Hour, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    It warms the old heart to see the little Jurgens/Breeding credit on the wraparound...never thought I'd see them work together again.

I know they had a falling out, but did we ever find out why? Their work was pretty magical at times, neither have stood out as much (to me) since they parted ways.
    Absolutely my favorite team, as well. I don't remember the details, but it was a pretty nasty falling out. Breeding basically opened up about Jurgens having a bad enough argument with him (Jurgens saying you'll never work with me again or something?) that he wouldn't even ink Jurgens's stuff for a while. Glad to see that's repaired, as that was always pretty sad to me.
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Oh Jurgens definitely wants to fold in as much of his old stories back into canon as he can, which is understandable. Morrison did the same with Superman & the Authority and Johns did as well with Rebirth and Doomsday Clock. But that’s not on the same scale as what Myskin is proposing. What he’s suggesting is akin to yet another soft reboot for little gain imo.

I know you at least would go nuts over a return to the Post-Crisis continuity

Reborn is a good a compromise as we’re likely going to get. The skeleton of Secret Origin is canon and things are vague enough that a writer can reference whatever they want from any era. Long as they don’t mess with Rebirth then this status quo is good enough for me, I’m just not interested in trying to make it all work, especially if it comes at the cost of letting Waid write stories like his Batman/Superman run which flat out does not mesh at all with that Post Crisis era continuity.
    If they did try to make it work, DC (and companies like them) would actually have some of the most interesting storytelling out there.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

The reason we're getting a book like this is because it was a big seller along with the fact that the Death Of Superman was the most prolific death of a fictional character since Sherlock Holmes' fateful encounter with Professor Moriarty at Reichenbach Falls.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

BANNED

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Well for the first time since Action #1000 , I decided to pick up a physical copy of a comic book...and it was this special. I couldn't resist the nostalgia. I even bought the black bag edition as well! And suddenly I was 13 again!

Then while I was at it I picked up the Kal-El returns special and ACTION #1048 and 1049.

I've been keeping up with things via digital and the DC INFINITE app, and ive been fine with just digital since 2015 ish....but I really forgot how much I miss holding a new physical issue in my hands.

Does this mean I'm being tempted to return to buying paper comics again? I don't know....but this month has been fun. In any case I will likely be also getting ACTION #1050 and maybe SUPERMAN #1. We will see.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.