Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Default The Death of Superman 30th Anniversary Special #1 Сovers

By Jamal Campbell

By Dan Jurgens

By Lee Weeks

Feel like im going to get backlash but EH

like i do like the whole different POV from the characters during the death of superman (especially John Henry Iron) and would have enjoy if they also included a story where the other leaguers like Wonder Woman, Flash and Green lantern reaction towards the news superman death like that one Trinity Justice league issue (it escape me at the moment) where batman just break down vowing to never let it happen again.

the Jon story is the controversial reaction of me just not really care about Jon having to deal with the fact that his dad died after he came back. I don't know it seem like there just going to have the story be about Clark comforting Jon about one day losing him and he fine with dying because he know Jon will be superman, cut to the present with adult jon promoting SSOKE. I might be wrong but that just my own opinion

also bet Doombreaker is some sort of doomsday clone or something

Honestly I feel like this is fine. A tribute to a major storyline from different creators of that era, touching on stuff they wrote about.

And the covers are great .

Yeah, this is something I'll definitely pick up. Was already planning on getting the new Deluxe Edition. All the covers look great, and I'm into the polybag gimmick.

Honestly, the constant pearl clutching about Death and Return being overdone always seems overblown to me. It's rightly one of his biggest stories and remains one of my favorites. How many "Batman is paranoid and it backfires" takes do we have or Spider-Man must sacrifice "X" for great power and responsibility are there.

BANNED

At least it's an anthology and not a rehash.

Great to see Stern again for any reason.

Suck it Adult Jon, the prince has returned

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Bullet dodged. lol.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

30 years...gone like a blink of an eye.

This is probably going to be my first physical "floppy"book purchases since ACTION #1000. The idea of getting the old gang back together for a one off anthology book appeals to me. Seeing those names on a Superman book in 2022 will bring a smile to my face.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Lol all that worry and speculation for a nostalgia book. Cool for those interested but I don’t know if I’m one of them.

https://twitter.com/superman/status/...jZCpAQ7uh_iU1Q

Jesus this tweet got an insane amount of reaction, now we know why DC is always rehashing DoS.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Well, there'll be still something else to worry about next week or next month.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Just so we're clear, Jon was alive when the whole Death of storyline happened in the new continuity? That means the "official" Death of book never happened. They weren't even married in the original.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Just so we're clear, Jon was alive when the whole Death of storyline happened in the new continuity? That means the "official" Death of book never happened. They weren't even married in the original.
    No I was initially confused about that too, but it says Jon finds out at school one day that his dad died, something his parents never told him. It takes place long after the death actually happened and then he has to fight a villain called Doombreaker.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    he has to fight a villain called Doombreaker.
    So imaginative. lol.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    No I was initially confused about that too, but it says Jon finds out at school one day that his dad died, something his parents never told him. It takes place long after the death actually happened and then he has to fight a villain called Doombreaker.
    That kid in the picture looks like Jon. I just thought he was at the scene when his dad died. Where is the description for this? I don't see a link anywhere. And does that mean Matrix Supergirl existed in this timeline?
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    That kid in the picture looks like Jon. I just thought he was at the scene when his dad died. Where is the description for this? I don't see a link anywhere. And does that mean Matrix Supergirl existed in this timeline?
    Here's the official announcement: https://www.dccomics.com/death-of-su...verary-special

Astonishing Member

Since no matter what happens - rains of blood, human sacrifice, cats and dogs sleeping together - they will NEVER erase the Death of Superman, I will never understand why they don't just confirm that they are sticking to the post-Crisis continuity, keeping all the stories from Byrne's Man of Steel to Infinite Crisis as canon and just erasing all the other stuff before the introduction of Jon, since no one will ever mention Johns' World of New Krypton, Rogol Zaar or New52 Superbro ever again if not for very specific and limited projects.

Not the solution I'd personally go for, but probably the easiest to achieve all things considered. They should just find a way to justify the presence of Zod and "regular" Supergirl in this continuity and... That's it, actually.
    Last edited by Myskin; 07-27-2022 at 01:41 PM.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021