Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Yes, we get it, you preferred Ultimate Gwen to MJ. I was simply outlining to you why it was gross
    I like how you're saying "We get it" as if you weren't the one who kept bringing it up. And considering the shipping things you've said and comments you've made about female characters, I don't really take any comments about what you think is appropriate seriously.

Can you please stop derailing the thread? I've told you repeatedly I'm not interested in talking to you.

This was beyond bad, bad writing, bad art with goofy looks / expressions on characters faces, etc.

Mighty Member

Watch this book be the #1 in the top comics sold in July. Many posters here may hate this book but it's a big seller and I expect it will continue to be for a long time to come. Some may disagree but I think the majority of Spider-man readers read for Spidey and his superhero exploits, drama with MJ is a distant second or third. So long as Peter is still swinging around Manhattan fighting villains and saving people his book will sell big. He is Marvel's #1 hero after all.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Watch this book be the #1 in the top comics sold in July. Many posters here may hate this book but it's a big seller and I expect it will continue to be for a long time to come. Some may disagree but I think the majority of Spider-man readers read for Spidey and his superhero exploits, drama with MJ is a distant second or third. So long as Peter is still swinging around Manhattan fighting villains and saving people his book will sell big. He is Marvel's #1 hero after all.
    It was a $10 book, but it will big a fall off and cheated as the book as falling down hill fast

yeah that's what I look forward to when reading the comic mainly to see what spider man half is up to.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Spider-Man always sells (you know, relative to how anything in this industry sells). And this was a milestone issue on top of that. It's not something to be proud of when they're as bad as this one.

Astonishing Member

It's time to start over and reveal that Ben Reilly isn't the clone.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    It's time to start over and reveal that Ben Reilly isn't the clone.
    ...given what they did to Ben i don't see how that is a better alternative tbh with you.

This was not what i was expecting from a milestone issue, not Flash acting so rudely to Peter when they got along great before his death, not Felicia acting jealous of Bobbi or how they had her act in the end (i mean if you are going to get them back together, at least put the work into it and make me believe it!), not the Sinister Six acting so stupidly and don't get me started on the designs they used for them here...please Marvel don't do Peter more dirty then you already have for crying out loud!

Was anyone really clamoring to see Vin Gonzales again? Are he and Peter even really friends?

BANNED

Watch this book be the #1 in the top comics sold in July. Many posters here may hate this book but it's a big seller and I expect it will continue to be for a long time to come
    And it's personal hygiene is above reproach.

Astonishing Member

When it comes to Felicia having an issue with Bobbi, there might be more to it than just petty jealousy. Back during Felicia's "Queenpin" days, Mockingbird was Silk's handler for the undercover operation to infiltrate Black Cat's operation and bring her down. So Black Cat and Mockingbird have a prior history of being antagonists to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Move him to crossovers with outside intellectual properties, specializing in stuffed toys. I would love to see a Chasm vs the Carebears crossover. Let them save Ben with hugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    If Lowe is involved Chasm would get more traumatized from the hugs and become VOID
    Lately I'm avoiding threads about ASM's newer releases, but I decided to check out this one to see if there were funny comments, and the Void legit made me burst out laughing here lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    We got The Night Gwen Stacy Died because a Peter x MJ shipper took over the book once upon a time.
    Said shipper decided to give MJ more of a characterization than her usual "easy going party girl" so she's more interesting as a love interest.

It is funny how these elements from Conway's run read like a fanfiction lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Peter and MJ's marriage also made a great deal of sense at the time, either through the writers unintentionally making the couple work so well as confidants and close friends while Peter had problems with Felicia, or through a real investment in exploring their relationship. Whatever the writers felt at the time, they wrote themselves into a corner by writing Peter and MJ far too well to justify it falling apart.

And so what if Peter jumped from Felicia to MJ straight away? Felicia wasn't a good fit for him, h realised that, and chose his best friend. It happens in romantic fiction all the time.
    I mean, it makes MJ look like a rebound 'cause Spidey was desperate to not be alone after things ended with Felicia lol.

As much as the marriage itself was good, the way it started was rushed and bad since Spidey was in a relationship with Felicia and suddenly he decides he wants to marry MJ just because, but starting bad and staying bad ain't the same thing, and the marriage was fun afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Was anyone really clamoring to see Vin Gonzales again? Are he and Peter even really friends?
    All I remember about Vin is him being rightfully pissed at Spidey for putting his costume in his' and Peter's apartment which led to Vin being kidnapped by Ana 'cause she thought he was Spidey (And all of this was Spidey's half assed excuse for why his costume was in Vin's and Peter's apartment, and Spidey being the immature bitch he was at the time, got annoyed at Vin for being pissed).

Wiki says that Vin was one of the cops behind the Spider-Tracers killings and he also at some point showed alliance to the Green Goblin nonsense, so uh, he's crazier than his sister...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Said shipper decided to give MJ more of a characterization than her usual "easy going party girl" so she's more interesting as a love interest.
    Mary Jane was already more interesting than Gwen even with the 'party girl' attitude, that's what made her more preferable in that she was easy going and didn't always get mad at Peter or critiqued him for letting their friends down, she let him be himself. The growth with Gwen's loss made her THE fit for Peter, but she probably would have achieved that even if Gwen had lived. Conway or another writer in favour of MJ would have found a way

I mean, it makes MJ look like a rebound 'cause Spidey was desperate to not be alone after things ended with Felicia lol.
    MJ wasn't a rebound in Peter's mind. She was the one. That's evident in the 'happy accident' that was the writing in Spider-Man vs Wolverine when they shared a kiss while Peter was grieving Ned, how Peter told himself he'd just betrayed the 'wonderful lie' of MJ just being his friend. He clearly loved MJ more than Felicia at that point.

As much as the marriage itself was good, the way it started was rushed and bad since Spidey was in a relationship with Felicia and suddenly he decides he wants to marry MJ just because
    Because she was the one who helped him grow the most as a person and had been a rock for him during some real rocky patches that Felicia, for all the good she was doing, wasn't providing due to her own problems. It made all the sense in the world to marry her. Peter told MJ they were good for each other. This is something you see all the time in romantic fiction, and sometimes in real life too. I don't consider it 'rushed', it was the natural advancement of how they saw each other in life and the culmination of the journey that started when MJ refused his first proposal.
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 07-29-2022 at 01:35 AM.

BANNED

Can someone tell me what was that unbelievable ending the solicits were claiming?
    I do not know when of if the issue will arrive in Greece. There's a great problem here with the comic book shops.