Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Yes. To my eyes, the CGI is often pretty damn good. There are flaws, as there are in almost al movies with CGI, but there is also some great stuff.

Was the CGI in Aquaman, Wonder Woman or BvS any better? No.
    Totally subjective. I've always felt that the DCEU's CGI was miles better than Marvel's recent output. There was some good stuff in MoM though. Different strokes for different folks I guess
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    Totally subjective. I've always felt that the DCEU's CGI was miles better than Marvel's recent output. There was some good stuff in MoM though. Different strokes for different folks I guess
    It is all subjective but what I find funny is that it’s really no different than comics. Fans sometimes argue over who has better art, Marvel or DC, when many artists do work for both. Since vfx houses are independent and bid on jobs the odds are good that many have worked on movies for all the studios.

For all the complaints about Marvel movies looking the same. If they actually do start up their own effects house it might actually become a real thing.

Yes, I think it is often the look of the CGI more than the actual effects.
    A pet peeve of mine, which runs across the board, is final big fight scenes at night. The dark makes it easier for effects I suppose. But give me the Spidey FRH fight over the NWH fight.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Yes, I think it is often the look of the CGI more than the actual effects.
    A pet peeve of mine, which runs across the board, is final big fight scenes at night. The dark makes it easier for effects I suppose. But give me the Spidey FRH fight over the NWH fight.
    Both can work. I love the CA:Civil War airport fight and the fight in Wakanda from IW. Both during the day but I think the fight against Thanos in Endgame is Epic and I don’t think changing it to daytime would have made it better.

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    Both can work. I love the CA:Civil War airport fight and the fight in Wakanda from IW. Both during the day but I think the fight against Thanos in Endgame is Epic and I don’t think changing it to daytime would have made it better.
    Endgame wasn't really at night, it was a murky, dull reddish light. I am more thinking about all 3 Ironman movies, both Hulk movies, new Spidey 1 & 3, BvS. Were as Winter Soldier, Avengers, Shang Chi, MoS, had better daytime finales.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!