Page 10 of 243 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    WWE's website has a new poll up asking fans who would win - Sting or The Undertaker. With just under 3,000 votes cast, Taker is leading with 71%.

- We noted before that there were reports coming out of Japan that KENTA is indeed headed to WWE. There are people within WWE who are under the impression that KENTA has signed but that the official announcement may be held off on out of respect to Pro Wrestling NOAH. As noted, KENTA's farewell show for NOAH will be on May 17th.

Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...6wp74rEL3gU.99
    They might aswell do a Sting vs Lesnar match now.

Fantastic Member

You know when Cena finally snaps and he's sat there stunned at what he's done what would complete that picture is Heyman walking out and putting his arm round Cena, "I'm your only friend now John. And I still think your awesome."

Heyman leading a monster stable of Cena, Punk, Lesnar and Cearo. Trying to tempt Daniel Bryan to join after the stable saves him from another Corporation beatdown. I'd enjoy that.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scavenger View Post
    Trying to remember that..was that Raven passing out rather than tapping?
    If so, it doesn't work for me, because if Cena passes out rather than tapping, it just shows Cena never gives up, which doesn't help get Wyatt over...and if Wyatt is out then it doesn't help, because his story isn't that he won't give in, but that he's pushing John to the edge, so he pretty much needs to be able to laugh maniacally at the end, win or lose.
    I think it definitely would help if Cena were to pass out. Cena tapping would certainly add some intrigue and surprise to the story, but him passing out is very in keeping with his character. I disagree that that doesn't do Wyatt any favors ... sure he doesn't make Cena give up, but he comes as being more dangerous than Cena can physically withstand (though not mentally). If he taps, he doesn't have the physical toughness OR the mental toughness and then where does that leave him? It really only works if you're going further down the path of Cena becoming self-doubting and confused by the changing landscape, which I think would be interesting, but it's not at all likely.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    They might aswell do a Sting vs Lesnar match now.
    The problem with a big time Sting match is that Sting was never the greatest wrestler, but i can't remember the last time he had a good match.
    If Taker is done because Taker was in such bad shape BEFORE the Lesnar match, which is the story, he isn't capable of having a good match with Sting.
    But what else can you sell? Sting can probably have a good match with Bryan because everyone does, but wheres the draw in that?

Self-Proclaimed Genius clayholio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Austin316 View Post
    So, NXT, did Neville genuinely have teeth knocked out? Or were they already false teeth and they just sold it as Brodus knockin em out.

Ah ok, well that's fair enough. My main point though was that we can be upset/confused/complain about not having the sub-forum, but as long as there is just this one thread they probably won't think there is any reason, but if we try and create and contribute, push this fact that we should have multiple threads, they shouldn't all be merged, and that it's a thriving and lively community, they might think it is necessary to return the sub-forum.

That's cool, I'm not complaining that it's in here so sorry if it came across like that, I'm just saying this (I feel) is a legitimate argument for why separate threads are necessary. You wouldn't merge Supernatural and The Vampire Diaries threads because they're both dark fantasy shows, because Supernatural fans might not want to talk about The Vampire Diaries, and by the same token you shouldn't merge TNA and WWE threads because not everyone that watches WWE cares about TNA.
    Oh, no problem. I was just kind of waiting to see if anyone else was going to start one, and they hadn't, so...

Anyways, there's one now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    Well, have you?

If so, it doesn't work for me, because if Cena passes out rather than tapping, it just shows Cena never gives up, which doesn't help get Wyatt over...and if Wyatt is out then it doesn't help, because his story isn't that he won't give in, but that he's pushing John to the edge, so he pretty much needs to be able to laugh maniacally at the end, win or lose.
    He could pass out, and then CRAB WALK to the back. I think that would be a sufficient ending to a cage match.
    clayholio

Ink Is My Perfume (art blog) - Clayholio Watches Movies (Movie Reviews)

Astonishing Member

Someone broke down every segment and seperated them while watching impact last night, spaces are commercials.

1. "Earlier today" promos from Eric Young, and someone else I can't remember
    2. A backstage segment, which was technically 2 backstage segments, involving MVP, EY, Anderson, Gunner, and Roode
    3. A Magnus in-ring promo which led to him getting chased off by Abyss
    4. Tenay and Taz talking
    5. A Bully Ray in-ring promo
    6. Then Dixie arrived, 11 minutes late

7. Spud and Dixie have a chat in catering
    8. Gunner pins Mr. Anderson after James Storm's failed interference
    9. Magnus meets... some guy with a beard in the locker room

10. Magnus' lover (unclear identity) berates him
    11. A SHARP cut to EC3, already in the ring, cutting a promo on Kurt Angle. Him and Spud do fake amatuer wrestling. Shirtless Kurt talks.
    12. Beautiful People talking backstage

13. Knux shit
    14. Bobby Roode pins Gunner for title shot tonight
    15. Dixie walking backstage with production workers(?)

16. Beautiful People get a letter from THE TNA BOARD OF DIRECTORS regarding attire
    17. Dixie in-ring promo about Bully Ray - Bully Ray interrupts, fights security geeks, Dixie unable to escape in meantime. MVP saves Dixie and bans them.

18. Willow beats James Storm via DQ - leads to Mr. Anderson attacking Storm
    19. Bro-Mans arguing with MVP somewhere at Universal Studios; Bully Ray argues with MVP after they leave

20. Eric Young backstage promo about Bobby Roode
    21. Sanada and The Wolves beat Bro-Mans and Ion
    22. Beautiful People talking backstage

23. Beautiful People promo/tease - Gail Kim interrupts, talks, runs both of them off 1-on-2, and takes the KOs title. Then Madison Rayne and Brittany strip the BP.

24. Beginning of Bobby Roode vs. Eric Young TNA World title match

25. Young pins Roode to retain World title
    26. Bully Ray says he's going to Nashville

26 segments on a show that runs 2 hours, about 1:40 if you take out commercials.
    Jesus christ, papa russo in full effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Hanvey View Post
    Watching the latest NXT.

Bo Dallas seems to have a new entrance theme and tron that mimics his WWE promos. I'm still not sure if he will get this character over on the main shows.
    The way Bo portrays the character is a little uneven. I get he's supposed to be a delusional heel who thinks he is a face. But he doesn't really weave the character traits into his in-ring mannerism or wrestling style.

He could go out of his way to not cheat, but then cheat "by accident". He could forcible try to shake his opponent's hand at the start of the match. He could shout feel good and inspirational words to his opponent during the match.
    He's running an end-run WCW DDP meets WCW heel Jericho-style gimmick. He almost nailed it with his "OCCUPY NXT" if he could just sell his tirades better. Bo just doesn't seem to have a switch, or at least, he hasn't found it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post

what happened with alicia's sister??

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i was really hoping for the raven benoit crossface finish, not sure that works in a cage though.
    As much as I wanted that at WM XXX or even now, I think the best end if they're going for a submission end is the famed Austin/Hart double turn. Maybe Cena becomes the new monster of the Wyatt Family! HAH!
    Wyatt needs to be the one bleeding and passing out. Cena already has that cred ... Wyatt needs that rub. He can be the nuSnake.

BTW: Cena is still undefeated at Extreme Rules, no? I know he lost his Survivor Series streak to Punk.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 05-02-2014 at 11:30 AM.

Self-Proclaimed Genius clayholio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Someone broke down every segment and seperated them while watching impact last night, spaces are commercials.

1. "Earlier today" promos from Eric Young, and someone else I can't remember
    2. A backstage segment, which was technically 2 backstage segments, involving MVP, EY, Anderson, Gunner, and Roode
    3. A Magnus in-ring promo which led to him getting chased off by Abyss
    4. Tenay and Taz talking
    5. A Bully Ray in-ring promo
    6. Then Dixie arrived, 11 minutes late

7. Spud and Dixie have a chat in catering
    8. Gunner pins Mr. Anderson after James Storm's failed interference
    9. Magnus meets... some guy with a beard in the locker room

10. Magnus' lover (unclear identity) berates him
    11. A SHARP cut to EC3, already in the ring, cutting a promo on Kurt Angle. Him and Spud do fake amatuer wrestling. Shirtless Kurt talks.
    12. Beautiful People talking backstage

13. Knux shit
    14. Bobby Roode pins Gunner for title shot tonight
    15. Dixie walking backstage with production workers(?)

16. Beautiful People get a letter from THE TNA BOARD OF DIRECTORS regarding attire
    17. Dixie in-ring promo about Bully Ray - Bully Ray interrupts, fights security geeks, Dixie unable to escape in meantime. MVP saves Dixie and bans them.

18. Willow beats James Storm via DQ - leads to Mr. Anderson attacking Storm
    19. Bro-Mans arguing with MVP somewhere at Universal Studios; Bully Ray argues with MVP after they leave

20. Eric Young backstage promo about Bobby Roode
    21. Sanada and The Wolves beat Bro-Mans and Ion
    22. Beautiful People talking backstage

23. Beautiful People promo/tease - Gail Kim interrupts, talks, runs both of them off 1-on-2, and takes the KOs title. Then Madison Rayne and Brittany strip the BP.

24. Beginning of Bobby Roode vs. Eric Young TNA World title match

25. Young pins Roode to retain World title
    26. Bully Ray says he's going to Nashville

26 segments on a show that runs 2 hours, about 1:40 if you take out commercials.
    Jesus christ, papa russo in full effect.
    Honestly, I didn't have a problem with it. The bolded ones were short segments that set up upcoming matches/segments, and there was probably an equal amount of short segments that set up matches for next week (like the Knux stuff, EC3/Spud into the Angle promo, to start with).

It might come off like short attention span theater, but almost all of the short segments were in service to setting up future events, so it's not like they were random. It was the exact opposite of doing random stuff for shock value, or throwing random matches out with no explanation, it was laying groundwork, even if in a really minor way.
    clayholio

Ink Is My Perfume (art blog) - Clayholio Watches Movies (Movie Reviews)

Watching Countdown Tag Teams.

Gotta love that Jericho doesn't just openly praise things. He calls out Demolition as a Legion of Doom/Road Warrior clone and that he hated The British Bulldogs' mascot Matilda.

Gotta love that Jericho doesn't just openly praise things. He calls out Demolition as a Legion of Doom/Road Warrior clone and that he hated The British Bulldogs' mascot Matilda.
    Jericho almost never says anything bad about HBK, any Hart, Cena, or Rey Rey. I'm surprised he said that about the Bulldogs but I think he mentioned something about the dog in his book.

I loved the picture of him as the third Bulldog.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    That isn't Fox's sister. That's Cameron. Funny enough the only person from the show to make it to the WWE.

Fox's sister, Christina Crawford, was in Tough Enough as well. Later she was signed to FCW, but was cut later.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christi...ord_(wrestler)

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Jericho almost never says anything bad about HBK, any Hart, Cena, or Rey Rey. I'm surprised he said that about the Bulldogs but I think he mentioned something about the dog in his book.
    He said he liked The British Bulldogs but thought the mascot was stupid.

Astonishing Member

As a child, i thought Legion of Doom were a Demolition rip off.

That isn't Fox's sister. That's Cameron. Funny enough the only person from the show to make it to the WWE.

Fox's sister, Christina Crawford, was in Tough Enough as well. Later she was signed to FCW, but was cut later.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christi...ord_(wrestler)
    You're correct. Well, I hope we don't get more moments like that.

Alicia's sister busted her ankle and left/got fired/was release/whatever, right? Most of the women on Tough Enough, save Melina, were forgettable at best. I totally forgot that was a Funkadactyl.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 05-02-2014 at 01:17 PM.