Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Justice League Action

What did you all think.
    Okay, but not as good as theprevious incarnations.
    Not sure if I like the very stylized animation.

Only saw one episode, the one with the fire guy. For the most part it was good. But I really fucking hate the characters designs, or the most part anyways. Most of them look like someone took Bruce Timm's designs and lightly reworked them in '90s toddler toy designs. that being said, I did like how Martian Manhunter looked, which gives me hope as it goes along that they'll find something just slightly different enough to make what they're going for look good.

Lightweight and entertaining, with a great voice cast and a deep roster of DC characters. They wanted a 11 minute JL show for kids (while animation aimed at adults is done by the direct to video series), and this should do the job nicely.

And since Plastic Man and Swamp Thing are favorites of mine I give it a thumbs up automatically. Also, people are probably gonna complain that Swamp Thing has a fairly normal voice (Mark Hamill!) instead of a scary monster voice, but I personally like that.

The JLA premier was the most fun I've had watching a Superhero cartoon in a long time .

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The JLA premier was the most fun I've had watching a Superhero cartoon in a long time .
    I enjoyed it but I don't think it compared to Young Justice's premiere episode.

Liked this way more than I expected. I was afraid it would be Teen Titans-level goofy, but it was more like a modernized Superfriends with some jokes. Lots of fun Silver Age-ideas -- the sort of things that got kids into comics before comics started taking themselves so seriously.

The animation style grew on me. I was never a big fan of the Timm-verse style when applied beyond the Batman shows, and I think I like this better.

Really enjoyed seeing all the characters. I will definitely keep watching. Will be nice to have both this and Young Justice, for a mix of styles and tones.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    I enjoyed it but I don't think it compared to Young Justice's premiere episode.
    Fair enough, though the style, tone, premise, and intended age-group between the two are so different that I don't think we should really compare them.

This show is far more Teen Titans/Brave and the Bold then DCAU or Young Justice. And I think that's fine, because we get series and movies in the latter vein.

Did the new Young Justice start?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    Did the new Young Justice start?
    hasn't even started production yet. We won't see it until 2018 at the earliest

^Yeah, I believe FlashEarthOne referred to the Season One premiere of Young Justice from 2010 (2010...? Damn I feel old).

I only caught some clips of Justice League Action on Youtube, and I would say it looks like a fun show.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Fantastic Member

Really like this, love the look of superman and wonder woman. Superman seems so strong, the way he handled mongul...Jeeezus

Quote Originally Posted by Shriveling_memo View Post
    Really like this, love the look of superman and wonder woman. Superman seems so strong, the way he handled mongul...Jeeezus
    Mongul? Where was Mongul?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Fair enough, though the style, tone, premise, and intended age-group between the two are so different that I don't think we should really compare them.

This show is far more Teen Titans/Brave and the Bold then DCAU or Young Justice. And I think that's fine, because we get series and movies in the latter vein.
    The intended age groups are so different? They're both kids shows, all those shows are kids shows.

BANNED

This show is actually a lot fun. I just wish people will stop comparing it to the DCAU and YJ, sheesh. No wonder you won't allow yourselves to like it. My niece watched every episode and loved it. Now she wants to come with me to the LCS this Wednesday. On to episode 3. Firestorm baby!

Astonishing Member

Apparently the show will use lots of DC characters, including some very obscure ones. Should be exciting. Not as deep as other DC animated shows but when the alternative is teen titans go I'll choose Justice League Action every time.