Page 143 of 243 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 3638
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    damn right.

yeah, i wasn't joking. sorry if i seemed like i was being sarcastic.

bullet club doesn't work in WWE imo. they're a bunch of white guys who grew up on attitude era and emulate DX and the NWO, half the crowd or more could relate to that. i'd rather see CHAOS or suzuki gun for a heel invasion. also AJ styles as the leader would have to speak on the mic.

how so??

cena against any of the top guys and orton vs okada.

god i'm so happy lucha underground and TNA are back. the last couple of weeks made me realize how much i'd miss them if they weren't around. aztek warfare was better than the last few royal rumbles imo.

no mercy, not even on the women and little people.
    considering how he's picking up and pushing all these indie/international stars, it shows me he keeps up with that scene and respects them enough to give them room to do what do best for them to shine. i can tell you that vince would've never let balor come out in full body paint.

and yes, lucha underground is balls to the wall awesome. kudos to prince puma for being their first champion.

Fantastic Member

damn right.

yeah, i wasn't joking. sorry if i seemed like i was being sarcastic.

bullet club doesn't work in WWE imo. they're a bunch of white guys who grew up on attitude era and emulate DX and the NWO, half the crowd or more could relate to that. i'd rather see CHAOS or suzuki gun for a heel invasion. also AJ styles as the leader would have to speak on the mic.

how so??

cena against any of the top guys and orton vs okada.

god i'm so happy lucha underground and TNA are back. the last couple of weeks made me realize how much i'd miss them if they weren't around. aztek warfare was better than the last few royal rumbles imo.

no mercy, not even on the women and little people.
    I still consider Andersen the defacto leader after Devitt left, even with Styles and ugh... Jarrett

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    as much as i and everyone else would love it, it would only end badly for everyone.

better to invade NXT. better talent who can wrestle strong style and no vince bs to mess it up
    Invasion angles with Japanesse feds usually don't work though, since 99% of the audience probably wouldn't have a clue what New Japan Pro Wrestling is. They'd at least recognize a good portion of the Bullet Club, but there's probably not a whole lot of dream matches there for the average fan.

Which isn't to say that I wouldn't like to see an Invasion... but I'm skeptical it would equate to ratings or PPV buyrates for the WWE. It would probably help NJ get a few inroads in the US market, but it likely wouldn't help Vince at all.

They're better off invading TNA.

considering how he's picking up and pushing all these indie/international stars, it shows me he keeps up with that scene and respects them enough to give them room to do what do best for them to shine. i can tell you that vince would've never let balor come out in full body paint.

and yes, lucha underground is balls to the wall awesome. kudos to prince puma for being their first champion.
    vince has signed and pushed plenty of indy and international guys, and even some international indy guys. from chris candido to RVD to sheamus and wade barrett. not sure why you think vince has something against body paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin705 View Post
    I still consider Andersen the defacto leader after Devitt left, even with Styles and ugh... Jarrett
    bullet club never seemed quite as cool after devitt left, and then barely cool at all once slapnuts joined.

they got some swag back with my man yujiro

vince has signed and pushed plenty of indy and international guys, and even some international indy guys. from chris candido to RVD to sheamus and wade barrett. not sure why you think vince has something against body paint.

bullet club never seemed quite as cool after devitt left, and then barely cool at all once slapnuts joined.

Jarret just makes every group he joins seem less cool. From the Horsement to the nWo to the Bullet Club there's just something about the guy which sucks the cool out of anything he's involved in.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Jarret just makes every group he joins seem less cool. From the Horsement to the nWo to the Bullet Club there's just something about the guy which sucks the cool out of anything he's involved in.
    so much truth in a single post.

i dont really mind jarrett being in the group, as long as he's just a part time member. but what do i know?

it has more to do with him not really getting why certain guys from the indies are over. in that article that someone post, it said that vince didn't get why people think NXT is better than the main roster. this also makes me scared for anyone who moves up from nxt to the main roster.

it has more to do with him not really getting why certain guys from the indies are over. in that article that someone post, it said that vince didn't get why people think NXT is better than the main roster. this also makes me scared for anyone who moves up from nxt to the main roster.
    CM Punk and Daniel Bryan did pretty well on the main roster. So I think it's at least possible for an "indy" type guy to break through the glass ceiling. They just have to be THAT good.

I don't think Adrian Neville, as good as he is, will necessarily go well on the main roster regardless of his gimmick (Mighty Mouse or no Mighty Mouse). But I STILL think Sami will eventually be a big star. I think he has the ability to both put on good matches and connect with the fans.

CM Punk and Daniel Bryan did pretty well on the main roster. So I think it's at least possible for an "indy" type guy to break through the glass ceiling. They just have to be THAT good.

I don't think Adrian Neville, as good as he is, will necessarily go well on the main roster regardless of his gimmick (Mighty Mouse or no Mighty Mouse). But I STILL think Sami will eventually be a big star. I think he has the ability to both put on good matches and connect with the fans.
    i want to believe it but..........the last few months just haven't been good for my faith in them. that may change with time.

i want to believe it but..........the last few months just haven't been good for my faith in them. that may change with time.
    I think the WWE has done a pretty descent job of using NXT talent in the last couple years.

Bo Dallas and Adam Rose essentially ended up as mid-carders. But Rusev has done phenominally well, and the SHIELD in the span of 2 years have essentially become the biggest stars in the company short of Cena, Lesnar, and maybe Bryan.

Not everyone being called up will become a main eventer. But the percentage being called up that actually became main eventers or at least near main eventers IMO is encouragingly high.

I think the WWE has done a pretty descent job of using NXT talent in the last couple years.

Bo Dallas and Adam Rose essentially ended up as mid-carders. But Rusev has done phenominally well, and the SHIELD in the span of 2 years have essentially become the biggest stars in the company short of Cena, Lesnar, and maybe Bryan.

Not everyone being called up will become a main eventer. But the percentage being called up that actually became main eventers or at least near main eventers IMO is encouragingly high.
    true but that was before NXT blew up and shamed the main roster.

although i really they would stop fucking over cesaro. and the ascension shouldn't be fighting jobber teams.

that also brings up a good question: when was the last time you saw a jobber team on raw?

true but that was before NXT blew up and shamed the main roster.

although i really they would stop fucking over cesaro. and the ascension shouldn't be fighting jobber teams.

that also brings up a good question: when was the last time you saw a jobber team on raw?
    I think the Ascension fighting jobber teams is to just give them the ability to have a few monster squash matches. The WWE tag team divison isn't really all that deep, too many squash matches will end up hurting the division as a whole. It's sort of the compromise of selling them as monsters without making any of the existing teams look bad. And that's harder to do in this day and age since enhancement matches for the most part are a thing of the past because of how ratings orienting programing is.

Astonishing Member

Lot of people online were confused why people were so happy honma won that match, given that it was possibly the worst match on the show.
    It's because Honma won.

Astonishing Member

Oh, and just as an aside from the observer, i can't comment on this because i don't follow NOAH, but he put this in
    "Also expected is more trading of talent with Pro Wrestling NOAH. As noted before, New Japan either has secretly purchased controlling interest in NOAH to keep the struggling company alive, or is at least heavily funding them at this point. GHC champion Naomichi Marufuji and 2013 tag team of the year Mikey Nicholls & Shane Haste worked the Dome show. While they didn’t have the time to really get it over, they worked with New Japan’s Killer Elite Squad (Davey Boy Smith Jr. & Lance Archer) and that seems like a natural program in NOAH for 2015 as plans are for Smith Jr. & Archer to be regulars there. To help strengthen NOAH, the plans look to be that Suzuki-gun (Smith Jr. Archer, Minoru Suzuki, Taka Michinoku, Taichi and Desperado) will be invading NOAH. Suzuki’s win at the Dome over Kazushi Sakuraba may lead to him in the GHC title picture shortly, and back for another main event singles run. "