Page 185 of 243 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195235 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 3638
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Guess they don't want another WCW on their hands.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

BANNED

Consumers will make their choice

me personally, I see WWE more than ROH, so Id go to the ROH show

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    "While not confirmed by WWE, a number of sources have noted that the company has booked NXT events on 9/17 in Houston, at the Bayou Music Theater, 9/18 in Austin at the Music Hall and 9/19 in San Antonio at the Aztec Theater.

ROH has major events scheduled on 9/18 and 9/19 in San Antonio, at the Shrine Auditorium. The head-to-head show on 9/19 is a TV taping for ROH. Austin, going against what is scheduled as a major ROH live event that will be broadcast either via iPPV or PPV, is just over one hour away."
    The fact that WWe is working so hard to hurt RoH is hilarious.
    Not shocked at all by this honestly. The WWE wants to be the BE ALL , END ALL of things. Them signing nearly every big indie star was a sign what they were gonna do.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Not shocked at all by this honestly. The WWE wants to be the BE ALL , END ALL of things. Them signing nearly every big indie star was a sign what they were gonna do.
    Unfortunetly, they haven't signed nearly every big indie star.
    The top RoH guys are still in RoH aside from Steen.
    They passed on Ricochet as well. They had a chance on the briscoes and didn't offer them enough, the young bucks wouldn't even go in for a try out because they knew what they were offering, they low balled AJ..which...i mean i get that, no one knew how great he was going to be in new japan but now they want him again and he's worth more. I haven't heard of them even contacting Roderick Strong which is friggen amazing because he might be the best guy in american indies right now and he doesn't have a contract with RoH, but is so good he is main eventing RoH shows.

The most interesting thing going on with NXT is this NJPW deal. Regal is absolutetly full of crap saying Liger was " a favor to an old friend."
    If that was the extent of it why did NJPW let him work AGAINST RoH and advertise it on their website? Why was the balor documentary full of NJPW footage before the Liger deal ever came about?
    Of course, they wouldn't let Nakamura, AJ, Tanahashi or Okada lose to John Cena, so the idea they would let them lose to Tyler Breeze is laughable and i don't think they are going to be doing an RoH like thing because WWE won't let another promotion beat their talent.

But given the moves they are making to directly hurt RoH, i would be shocked if Adam Cole doesn't get a larger money offer when his RoH contract is up, or the Briscoes, or Jay Lethal, or Moose.

Astonishing Member

And btw, take mania off the friggen network.
    They lost money on mania this year, the one time a year they make the most money is now a loser. And it's hard to justify the cost when you can't profit. The network is still a good deal with 11 ppvs a years, and the specials and the back catalog. Company is cutting it's own throat with this.

Astonishing Member

They lost money on mania this year, the one time a year they make the most money is now a loser. And it's hard to justify the cost when you can't profit. The network is still a good deal with 11 ppvs a years, and the specials and the back catalog. Company is cutting it's own throat with this.
    I agree with this. Even though I aint dropping 60 bucks for any ppv, many others would.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    I agree with this. Even though I aint dropping 60 bucks for any ppv, many others would.
    My thinking is just that the more money they have, the more things they can do in general.
    Why cut out such a giant source of revenue? So you can increase network buys for 2 months?
    Those 2 months are causing you to lose millions instead of make millions, the shareholders will understand that. And when the financial comes around they won't be saying "Well, you made 40 million instead of losing 5 this quarter...but the network only has 900k subscribers!"
    ...WHO CARES!

Astonishing Member

My thinking is just that the more money they have, the more things they can do in general.
    Why cut out such a giant source of revenue? So you can increase network buys for 2 months?
    Those 2 months are causing you to lose millions instead of make millions, the shareholders will understand that. And when the financial comes around they won't be saying "Well, you made 40 million instead of losing 5 this quarter...but the network only has 900k subscribers!"
    ...WHO CARES!
    I think Vince knows this, but he wants to think long term, so he has to get people to trust in the network. Once he feel secure, he will pull it out. The Mayweather/Pacquiao numbers told people that ppv isnt dead, just that it takes something truly special for fans to shell out their hard earned money.

BANNED

I don't think they wil pull WrestleMania. That's sort of the big thing that legitimizes the network. At it's peak the Network has roughly slightly more than the amount of subscribers for the best WM buyrates in recent memory. Like I know I wouldn't get the network without Mania. I suspect a lot of people feel that way.

I wouldn't read to much into Mayweather's big fight. It was built up for 5 years and featured the two most popular boxers in the world in the biggest money fight since the 90's. WWE is never breaking much more than 1.2 for a WrestleMania. Rock vs Cena did slightly more than that. That was a year build.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    I don't think they wil pull WrestleMania. That's sort of the big thing that legitimizes the network. At it's peak the Network has roughly slightly more than the amount of subscribers for the best WM buyrates in recent memory. Like I know I wouldn't get the network without Mania. I suspect a lot of people feel that way.

I wouldn't read to much into Mayweather's big fight. It was built up for 5 years and featured the two most popular boxers in the world in the biggest money fight since the 90's. WWE is never breaking much more than 1.2 for a WrestleMania. Rock vs Cena did slightly more than that. That was a year build.
    If Mania is the only reason you get the network, and you think the same for others, then why would they subscribe in the other 11 months of the year?

Astonishing Member

And 1 million at 60 is much more than 1.3 at 10.

BANNED

If Mania is the only reason you get the network, and you think the same for others, then why would they subscribe in the other 11 months of the year?
    Because it's cheap and once you have a luxury you want to continue enjoying it. But taking WrestleMania out is like taking the main draw out for most people.

But put it this way. I am willing to pay WWE 60-120 a year for the Network and all the shows they offer including the biggest show I want to see. If you take Mania out, it's another 60 dollars for one show and the show I'm most interested in. I'm going to want to offset that someway.

It shouldn't surprise you that the peak network numbers are right in the ballpark of peak WrestleMania numbers. That's the main thing for most people.

BANNED

And 1 million at 60 is much more than 1.3 at 10.
    I doubt you will get 1 million people paying 60 when they spent the last 2 years spending 10 bucks for it in addition to everything else on the network that month.

But let's say you do. The offset of that might be 700k stop paying 10 bucks all year to offset it.

Then you are going to have people who say "I'm not paying for the network without Mania, but I'm not spending 60 on Mania ever again) and you lose the whole customer.

You are looking at it as a one show vacuum. Most people won't. They'll say, "wait every month I've been buying this thing and now you are taking the best part away "?

Sometimes you can't put a genie back in the bottle. And I think this is one of those cases. And the more time that passes the less viable that is.

Finally!

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

"While not confirmed by WWE, a number of sources have noted that the company has booked NXT events on 9/17 in Houston, at the Bayou Music Theater, 9/18 in Austin at the Music Hall and 9/19 in San Antonio at the Aztec Theater.

ROH has major events scheduled on 9/18 and 9/19 in San Antonio, at the Shrine Auditorium. The head-to-head show on 9/19 is a TV taping for ROH. Austin, going against what is scheduled as a major ROH live event that will be broadcast either via iPPV or PPV, is just over one hour away."
    The fact that WWe is working so hard to hurt RoH is hilarious.
    they still mad about the action figure i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    a little competition never hurt anyone
    not true in wrestling, especially in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    WTF, why do you guys care about the WWE's money more than your own??

i love that i can get all the WWE ppv and specials for $120 a year, plus all the awesome old stuff and you want that to go away so WWE can make more money?? fuk all that.

CZW right now has a $1 special on their video subscription service. there's some decent stuff on there like best of the best or if you want to see some old school dean ambrose/jon moxley. it's worth a buck anyways
    Last edited by BigLbo; 07-23-2015 at 06:13 AM.