Page 3 of 243 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Siddon View Post
    JTG survives again! Seriously they need to redo the Mickey Whipwreck gimmick with JTG nothing gets that guy fired.
    So, again, they aren't firing people anymore. They let contracts expire.
    --The WWE official response regarding KENTA is:

"Unfortunately, we do not have any further information to share at this time. We will keep you posted if/when we have any news on him."

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    and honestly...it was good for him

he just main evented WRESTLEMANIA
    Oh, I know, it worked out in the long run. Getting fired was the best thing for him because it let them reset on him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mike2128 View Post
    Did you watch NXT season 1 by any chance? He lost every single match (to guys like David Otunga and Michael Tarver) and was verbally destroyed by Striker and Cole at every turn. Those competitive a-list matches were really meant more as squashes, by all accounts it was Jericho and Batista who pushed for and gave him the rub. Booking wise, he was made to look like a chump who was a big fish in a small pond who just couldn't hang in WWE. Then he was fired.

When he came back at Summerslam is when they cut him some slack.
    'By all accounts' do you mean Batista trying to desperately salvage his less-than-glorious return to WWE by claiming to be DB's buddy back stage? Yeah, color me skeptical

As for booking, I think you're glossing over some important details. A)DB was protected for a good number of those losses. B)Cole was a heel at the time cheerleading for the Miz, who was starting a feud with DB that'd eventually get him his first title win C)Before he was fired DB was going to be in the freaking Nexus, most likely as a top member going by his interaction with Cena. Basically he was going to be part of the biggest angle of the summer.

Hell I'd argue that out of *all* the NXT guys save possibly AJ he's been the most protected and the most successful.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    'By all accounts' do you mean Batista trying to desperately salvage his less-than-glorious return to WWE by claiming to be DB's buddy back stage? Yeah, color me skeptical

As for booking, I think you're glossing over some important details. A)DB was protected for a good number of those losses. B)Cole was a heel at the time cheerleading for the Miz, who was starting a feud with DB that'd eventually get him his first title win C)Before he was fired DB was going to be in the freaking Nexus, most likely as a top member going by his interaction with Cena. Basically he was going to be part of the biggest angle of the summer.

Hell I'd argue that out of *all* the NXT guys save possibly AJ he's been the most protected and the most successful.
    Eh , Batista doesn't really need to salvage anything , not when he's HHH buddy and there's no bigger friend to have in the WWE.
    But Batista did make Bryan looked good in their match which he didn't need to while Bryan was jobbing like crazy to everyone and their dog in nxt. He was losing in every match , even to other nxt rookies.
    Pretty sure that Batista was the first one to make Bryan his yes/no lock looked credible.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    So, again, they aren't firing people anymore. They let contracts expire.
    --The WWE official response regarding KENTA is:

"Unfortunately, we do not have any further information to share at this time. We will keep you posted if/when we have any news on him."
    Yep pretty much

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The biggest worry is ...the SEC is investigating the WWE now. It surprises me it took this long really since the start Vince has treated the stockholders like **** at times. Sometimes even taking questions and cutting guys off to not answer.

http://shareholdersfoundation.com/ca...cerning-potent
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

that is NOT good...no one wants the SEC crawling up their ass

All-New Member

Those Batista notes were coming from multiple sources during his hiatus from the company at a time when he was outspoken against the product.

A) protected in losses by taking one move and getting pinned clean? Having him lose every single match doesn't scream protected to me. It made whatever offense he did have come off more like a "god bless him, he's trying" sentiment than to make him a viable competitor. B) Cole was just in the very beginnings of his heel run so for a lot of the audience it wasn't quite as cut and dry as a heel clowning on a face. It was really just derisive and dismissive. The title win stuff can't be counted in this conversation since that was after he was rehired. C) where are those Nexus guys now? 4 years later and we've gotten a couple of false starts for Barrett and Ryback, Slater will be a perennial jobber, Gabriel and Young will drift (even further) into obscurity, Otunga is off tv, and Tarver is gone. I wouldn't call the Nexus a success by any stretch of the imagination. Biggest angle of the summer, sure, but not with any results to show for it. Cena just looked stronger in the face of 7 rookies who have STILL yet to amount to anything.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mike2128 View Post
    Those Batista notes were coming from multiple sources during his hiatus from the company at a time when he was outspoken against the product.

A) protected in losses by taking one move and getting pinned clean? Having him lose every single match doesn't scream protected to me. It made whatever offense he did have come off more like a "god bless him, he's trying" sentiment than to make him a viable competitor. B) Cole was just in the very beginnings of his heel run so for a lot of the audience it wasn't quite as cut and dry as a heel clowning on a face. It was really just derisive and dismissive. The title win stuff can't be counted in this conversation since that was after he was rehired. C) where are those Nexus guys now? 4 years later and we've gotten a couple of false starts for Barrett and Ryback, Slater will be a perennial jobber, Gabriel and Young will drift (even further) into obscurity, Otunga is off tv, and Tarver is gone. I wouldn't call the Nexus a success by any stretch of the imagination. Biggest angle of the summer, sure, but not with any results to show for it. Cena just looked stronger in the face of 7 rookies who have STILL yet to amount to anything.
    And again A)Protected as in there were mitigating factors in his losses (taped ribs, for example) B)Cheering on a heel like Miz sounds pretty cut and dry to me C)That just further proves my point about DB being the most protected of the NXT guys. Hell, the entire Nexus angle might've gone differently if not for his being fired.

Quote Originally Posted by clayholio View Post
    I read a rumor about WWE being interested in the Motor City Machine Guns, which would be fine by me.

I haven't seen enough of KENTA to be excited about him.
    i've seen enough of the WWE to not be xcited.

Quote Originally Posted by clayholio View Post
    Oh man. My WWE-addled attention span thinks that video is like 23 minutes too long! What is this, Wrestlemania?!?!

I wonder if they'll let KENTA keep the Go 2 Sleep. They could rename it something like the Lovely Afternoon Siesta, just not to step on Punk's toes too much.
    you know what move he wont be using??

Quote Originally Posted by Scavenger View Post
    Shame...I was looking forward to her showing up, though granted that's due to affection for her father than any of the matches I saw of her online.
    has anybody else noticed the WWE doesn't seem to hire any women with tattoos that aren't easily hidden?? i wouldn't have noticed before but since everybody and their grandma has a tattoo these days it's quite a coincidence none of the divas have tatts.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    and honestly...it was good for him

he just main evented WRESTLEMANIA
    yeah, i guess that time he almost lost an eye in RoH was good for him too, he just main evented mania!!

or the 2 things are pretty much unrelated.

you don't think fruitista could've chosen to squash brianson if he wanted to at that time??

i don't think brianson was protected nor berried, they were up and down with him. his 1st match says it all, yes it was a competitive match with jericho(who also lost to heath slater that season) that made him look good, but after pumping him up as a master of submission they had him lose by tap out rather than just having jericho use a codebreaker.

to be honest i don't think they knew WTF they were doing with him and just made it up as they went along. while he'd have competitive matches with fruitista he'd also lose clean to a david otunga.

sooo if somebody wouldn't mind filling in ol' L bo, just briefly WTF happened here at CBR??

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    sooo if somebody wouldn't mind filling in ol' L bo, just briefly WTF happened here at CBR??
    I'm not sure how often you venture in to other areas of CBR, so apologies if I'm overstating things. The CBR forums haven't been a fun place of late, with general bitchy argumentative negativity ruling the roost and a real layer of pretty terrible and offensive stuff being posted. Community forums are always like this but the thread response to an article about a bad comic cover, combined with the constant threads about race shifting characters on and off screen (and peoples reactions to each other in those threads) has been pretty terrible. Jonah (master and commander of CBR) basically wiped the slate clean of everything. New CBR, no more racist or sexist stuff, hopefully. The trolls will hopefully decide there's no point signing back up etc etc. Threads will, apparently, be heavily monitored for a while. So basically, to everyone, we're not hidden away in some little corner anymore, need to be more careful with what's said, especially when live-posting during Raw or Extreme Rules.

IMO? Good decision, some of the stuff going on in DC comics was terrible and I'd been the victim a few times of someone with an agenda intent on disrupting and manipulating things I say. Sometimes a place needs a clear out and a clean up in order to carry on going.
    Last edited by Austin316; 05-01-2014 at 01:36 AM.

has anybody else noticed the WWE doesn't seem to hire any women with tattoos that aren't easily hidden?? i wouldn't have noticed before but since everybody and their grandma has a tattoo these days it's quite a coincidence none of the divas have tatts.
    Yep I also noticed this curiousity sometime back. True or not, rumor was it may have hurt Angelina Love's stock with them when she was free.

It's kind of hard to understand given that tats are becoming more accepted in society at large. But some in the braintrust might be old fashioned or think it does not project a desired image for a family product. And therefore worry parents will not let the kiddies watch if they have heavily inked women or something?

Scarlett Bordeaux has a great look. She worked WWE house shows last weekend as a member of Adam Rose’s entourage. I wonder if her ink might work against her? It's not as pronounced as Angel's but moreso than the none or almost most Divas sport.

PS - It's The Great Grape, lbo and all.
    Last edited by Jadis; 05-01-2014 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin316 View Post
    I'm not sure how often you venture in to other areas of CBR, so apologies if I'm overstating things. The CBR forums haven't been a fun place of late, with general bitchy argumentative negativity ruling the roost and a real layer of pretty terrible and offensive stuff being posted. Community forums are always like this but the thread response to an article about a bad comic cover, combined with the constant threads about race shifting characters on and off screen (and peoples reactions to each other in those threads) has been pretty terrible. Jonah (master and commander of CBR) basically wiped the slate clean of everything. New CBR, no more racist or sexist stuff, hopefully. The trolls will hopefully decide there's no point signing back up etc etc. Threads will, apparently, be heavily monitored for a while. So basically, to everyone, we're not hidden away in some little corner anymore, need to be more careful with what's said, especially when live-posting during Raw or Extreme Rules.

IMO? Good decision, some of the stuff going on in DC comics was terrible and I'd been the victim a few times of someone with an agenda intent on disrupting and manipulating things I say. Sometimes a place needs a clear out and a clean up in order to carry on going.
    i don't venture out much from the TV thread usually. i hope the plan works and doesn't just kill off the board, i thought we had a pretty nice little thing going. i will say that if this leads to no more posts about assrape and erections during RAW it wouldn't bother me.

i think in time they'll remember why they started a wrestling subforum and bring it back.

tis a shame all the history is gone, it was fun to look back at old threads and see how views on certain wrestlers and promotions had changed over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadis View Post
    Yep I also noticed this curiousity sometime back. True or not, rumor was it may have hurt Angelina Love's stock with them when she was free.

It's kind of hard to understand given that tats are becoming more accepted in society at large. But some in the braintrust might be old fashioned or think it does not project a desired image for a family product. And therefore worry parents will not let the kiddies watch if they have heavily inked women or something?

Scarlett Bordeaux has a great look. She worked WWE house shows last weekend as a member of Adam Rose’s entourage. I wonder if her ink might work against her? It's not as pronounced as Angel's but moreso than the none or almost most Divas sport.

PS - It's The Great Grape, lbo and all.
    sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen, that's discrimination right?? especially if they don't mind the guys having a bunch of shitty tattoos.

btw i knew it was you grape, i could just tell.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 05-01-2014 at 02:08 AM.

i don't venture out much from the TV thread usually. i hope the plan works and doesn't just kill off the board, i thought we had a pretty nice little thing going. i think in time they'll remember why they started a wrestling subforum and bring it back.
    I brought it with the admins when the site reopened, said that we had a nice little community going in our sub-forum and I'd hate to lose it. They said that at this time there won't be any sub-forums as they just want to keep a close check on everything and sub-forums will return "as required". I think once we eventually get WWE/TNA/International/Fantasy back and there is regular activity in it, it might be time to make a case for it.

tis a shame all the history is gone, it was fun to look back at old threads and see how views on certain wrestlers and promotions had changed over time.
    Yeah

The old stuff will be accessible to view for two weeks. But it's not the same obviously. And beyond fourteen days, who knows.

sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen, that's discrimination right?? especially if they don't mind the guys having a bunch of shitty tattoos.
    The Old Boys Network at work? Only to be questioned by eventual litigation. I wonder if we might eventually see?

I wonder if they figure a rather hands off policy makes it less obvious, if? As opposed to hiring well inked women and then not moving them to better positions within the product cause. Unlike in TNA, the Divas don't generally seem to get new body ink while employed by the E either. Nothing worth talking about anyway really.

btw i knew it was you grape, i could just tell.
    Have I become that obvious in my not as young as I'd like but not old yet age?