Page 6 of 243 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    In wrestling terms, yes. That actually sounds like a fun idea.
    I don't think i'm understanding this.
    If by wrestling terms then you want a worked show where the winner gets a contract, which means they pick a bunch of guys and WWE decides the winner before they start filming. So you want another wrestling show instead of Tough Enough.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mike2128 View Post
    I actually wouldn't mind if they did Tough Enough with international and indie guys if it were treated like an Ultimate Fighter competition rather than Legends House.
    I've been saying Tough Enough should involve indy wrestlers instead of no talent individuals with little to no passion for the wrestling business.

All-New Member

Maybe it wasn't clear, but I meant tonally. Not looking for a shoot fighting competition.

Just treat it as wrestlers proving they're the best wrestler of the lot. No keg carrying or soda drinking competitions. No yoga sessions with Gary Busey. No jobber judges who don't even get on Raw/Smackdown.

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    I don't think i'm understanding this.
    If by wrestling terms then you want a worked show where the winner gets a contract, which means they pick a bunch of guys and WWE decides the winner before they start filming. So you want another wrestling show instead of Tough Enough.
    Maybe it wasn't clear, but I meant tonally. Not looking for a shoot fighting competition.

Just treat it as wrestlers proving they're the best wrestler of the lot. No keg carrying or soda drinking competitions. No yoga sessions with Gary Busey. No jobber judges who don't even get on Raw/Smackdown.
    What mike said. In spades!

Wasn't Tough Enough people actually training to wrestle and they'd be kicked out by Ivory and Al Snow for not doing well?

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen, that's discrimination right?? especially if they don't mind the guys having a bunch of shitty tattoos.
    Only if that's a reason to not hire... Remember a lot of these women have aspirations of being models and actresses....Ink is a detriment in those careers. Look at Summer Rae...if the choice is between hiring a tall pretty blonde who'll you have to spend the time and money to cover up ink vs another tall pretty blonde who you don't have to have that expense, you go with the second. It works the same way for men...there's a calculation everytime say the Rock is hired, if what he brings to the table is worth the added expense. Now, he's a top B level movie star, so these days, not an issue for him but say Batista?

Paige has a facial piercing, so I don't think there's too much problems with it, and more likely the nature of the talent they're getting. (and "Tattooed" is not a legally protected minority).shurg.
    Static Pulse: That's why I like you. You're like four degrees away from being a William Gibson protagonist.
    Old board post count: 2,089

Astonishing Member

They might think that's too boring.

Hey guys. Guess we'll have to work on getting the Sub-Forum back.

Kinda looking forward to Extreme Rules. But it will be hard to follow up WM 30. Wonder if they'll do some swerve(s) to follow up on the buzz.
    Having the Network just makes things so much easier in terms of watching on my time. Plus I can do my own instant replays.

I'm thinking the best end to Wyatt Cena at ER would be Cena flees the cage..maybe after going a bit too extreme on Wyatt or after Supering-up and still not being able to put him down, leaving shaken. Don't know if Cena would let himself be shown winning by running away, but it would set up the third act and having to overcome his fears for the finale next month.
    Static Pulse: That's why I like you. You're like four degrees away from being a William Gibson protagonist.
    Old board post count: 2,089

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Hanvey View Post
    Hey guys. Guess we'll have to work on getting the Sub-Forum back.

Kinda looking forward to Extreme Rules. But it will be hard to follow up WM 30. Wonder if they'll do some swerve(s) to follow up on the buzz.
    Having the Network just makes things so much easier in terms of watching on my time. Plus I can do my own instant replays.
    So there's hope?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scavenger View Post
    Wasn't Tough Enough people actually training to wrestle and they'd be kicked out by Ivory and Al Snow for not doing well?

Only if that's a reason to not hire... Remember a lot of these women have aspirations of being models and actresses....Ink is a detriment in those careers. Look at Summer Rae...if the choice is between hiring a tall pretty blonde who'll you have to spend the time and money to cover up ink vs another tall pretty blonde who you don't have to have that expense, you go with the second. It works the same way for men...there's a calculation everytime say the Rock is hired, if what he brings to the table is worth the added expense. Now, he's a top B level movie star, so these days, not an issue for him but say Batista?

Paige has a facial piercing, so I don't think there's too much problems with it, and more likely the nature of the talent they're getting. (and "Tattooed" is not a legally protected minority).shurg.
    I agree with you, it's probably more of a natural result of the type of women they hire choosing not to be tattooed than them having a problem hiring tattooed women. In reality they currently have 3 women with easily visible if not very noticeable tattoos on the current active roster. Layla has one on her lower back, Rosa Mendez has one on her side and Brie Bella has one on her bikini line. They only recently got rid of a developmental girl, Shaul Guerrero, who had plenty of tattoos but I don't think that had anything to do with her release. Hell they just put the most heavily tattooed woman in the history of their company in the hall of fame.

What's the Main Event? After Monday I get the impression it's Wyatt/Cena. Pre-Monday I would say Evolution/Shield. Maybe that means Kane/Bryan then!?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jadis View Post
    Spoilerish, I guess? Though I'm not giving results. Just a picture.

Knux's new carnival stable

How is stable not lead by Jeff Hardy/Willow? The Creatures of the Night want to know

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    So there's hope?
    Sure. Like when I first created the Sub-Forum, the admins saw that are was enough interest/activity to justify it. Though it helped that I was an Admin and made a case for it at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    What's the Main Event? After Monday I get the impression it's Wyatt/Cena. Pre-Monday I would say Evolution/Shield. Maybe that means Kane/Bryan then!?
    You mean the last aired match?

That's a though call. Prestige wise it should be the WWE title match. But hype wise it looks like Shield vs. Evolution.

Wyatt/Cena seems more like a opener though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Hanvey View Post
    Sure. Like when I first created the Sub-Forum, the admins saw that are was enough interest/activity to justify it. Though it helped that I was an Admin and made a case for it at the time.
    So whats the move, Captain. Should we start posting picks of kids in sheep mask in all the other threads Joking people, dont use my insanity for evil.