Page 72 of 243 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 3638
    BANNED

todays network viewing

The Triumph and Tragedy of WCCW

i've been watching ECW hardcore TV starting from the beginning of 95. i'm noy in feb and shane douglas has officially coined he, benoit, and malenko the "triple threat". shane's about to defend the title against tully blanchard who likes like complete shit at this point. 1/2 the people in the audience look like they would kick his ass. still though they're pretty bad ass as a unit and have just been killing everybody, hankfully public enemy is out of the picture and benoit and malenko are going after sabu & taz(maniac) for the tag titles.

Astonishing Member

Ok, wait, that clip??? is it actually real???? WOW. 2k should do some like that one for the new wwe2k15

I have that game for PC, and have never been able to do UT's finishing move. He is the only one to have a finishing move.

Astonishing Member

Oh yes, it's real.
    There's also a tape where Bret Hart goes to the devs and gives them tips on improving the game.

BANNED

what makes it funny today is that a good number of ESPN folks are WWE fans

LOL, those 2 vids (by Alex and Vibranium) are AWESOME!!!!!!! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Self-Proclaimed Genius clayholio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    hey i actually have that on VHS, i inherited it in my sister in laws fathers collection when he passed years ago. that man used to record everything he could.

anybody watching DG(japan) right now?? dragon kid vs flamita atm
    I've got the first Hogan/Flair one on VHS - I think I got it from a Hollywood Video back in the day!

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    todays network viewing

The Triumph and Tragedy of WCCW
    Let me know how that is - I've got a copy on DVD that I haven't watched yet, but I've heard it's pretty good.

Speaking of pretty good, I watched last week's ROH show, which was featuring more of the NJPW/ROH crossover matches. Nakamura/Jado vs. Liger/Tanahashi was pretty good (mainly for Nakamura's weirdness), and then there was Okada/Gedo vs. AJ Styles/Karl Anderson, which was also good. But the main event was a three-way tag match between the Young Bucks, Forever Hooligans (Romero and Koslov), and the Time Splitters (Alex Shelley and KUSHIDA), and that was absolutely insane. Complete chaos, non-stop action, great, great stuff.

But the highlight was Steve Corino putting over the wrestlers on commentary, saying the reason he got fat was so he wouldn't have to try to keep up with these guys anymore, and that he was never that talented anyways.

I remember reading some grumbling online about these "rerun" shows, but they were great matches that hadn't been on TV before (iPPV still isn't the same thing as TV), and there were some good video packages explaining the NJPW side of things. Also, they showed footage of a ROH/NJPW try-out camp, which had things like Michael Elgin and Nakamura in-ring, explaining things to indie wrestlers, which was cool to see.
    clayholio

Ink Is My Perfume (art blog) - Clayholio Watches Movies (Movie Reviews)

BANNED

It was good, but heavy at the end, I mean older wrestling fans know of the Von Erichs, but probably don't really understand what that loss meant and how it really affected WCCW

Mighty Member

So I read about the plans they had for D. Bryan for SummerFest....

You guys do know that's how NOAH was formed right?
    INGOBERNABLES de INTER-WEB

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post

Losing to Lesnar?

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Losing to Lesnar?
    I thought NOAH was formed after Baba died, and Fuchi/Kawada and Hansen/Kea followed Misawa over from AJPW to form NOAH (hence the name since two native and two gaijin grapplers followed him over)?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Losing to Lesnar?
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I thought NOAH was formed after Baba died, and Fuchi/Kawada and Hansen/Kea followed Misawa over from AJPW to form NOAH (hence the name since two native and two gaijin grapplers followed him over)?
    Makoto Baba wanted to go the route of INOKISM, because New Japan had the edge at the time. So Misawa, who was the golden child at the time, just pick up and left.

No way in hell was he booking his crew to get their ass kicked by random martial artists just to show "Pro Wrestling Be Strongest".
    INGOBERNABLES de INTER-WEB

Astonishing Member

Why would he book wrestlers getting beat by martial artists to show pro wrestlers are stronger?

FIELD. OF. HONOR!

Main event is set:
    Michael Elgin vs. AJ Styles vs. Jay Briscoe vs. Adam Cole

No news on if the IWGP title will be on the line, too. But probably not. Will AJ be dual ROH and IWGP champ?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium