Page 9 of 243 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

They are deleting threads here? I am about to start a thread to test this theory.

Fantastic Member

Okay I created an International Wrestling thread. Lets see if it gets deleted.

Watching the latest NXT.

Bo Dallas seems to have a new entrance theme and tron that mimics his WWE promos. I'm still not sure if he will get this character over on the main shows.
    The way Bo portrays the character is a little uneven. I get he's supposed to be a delusional heel who thinks he is a face. But he doesn't really weave the character traits into his in-ring mannerism or wrestling style.

He could go out of his way to not cheat, but then cheat "by accident". He could forcible try to shake his opponent's hand at the start of the match. He could shout feel good and inspirational words to his opponent during the match.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well guys...I think its time I make my departure from CBR. Or new CBR modeled after Vince McMahon's grip I can joke . The change was one I could have dealt with and grew to accept. But the changes were going too insanely far. When you can't even voice what really is a question on what is negative anymore on the CBR Forums...its a sign that its not worth sticking around.

I loved posting at CBR. I loved every moment of it as a comics fan. I'd joke and post threads having fun. I will never forget you all here. Its been fun. Now of course why am I not posting this on the Community board or saying good-bye there ? Well given that I have had 2-3 threads already deleted in a 2 day span......they don't want to see this thread screw up their "Happy" aura.

In all I wish CBR luck here. I may join the Bendis board...or I may just stay posting at BleedingCool forums for good. In all....if your a wrestlling fan I will have this same username. Good-bye everyone. Its been great.
    Wait, what?
    Static Pulse: That's why I like you. You're like four degrees away from being a William Gibson protagonist.
    Old board post count: 2,089

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2k View Post
    They are deleting threads here? I am about to start a thread to test this theory.
    On certain boards, they are merging, closing and moving threads that they want on other boards or are covered by other threads.

BANNED

Well I for one am not going to pull a CM Punk and leave. So I wish you the best of luck to your future endeavors.

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    In terms of match quality, probably not. But as far as the worst Divas moment ever goes, that title still very much belongs to Santina winning 'Miss Wrestlemania'.
    i prefer santina to eva marie.

Quote Originally Posted by clayholio View Post
    I was wondering who the muscle dude was, but I bet you're right that it's Rob Terry. The facepaint dude is supposed to be Crazy Steve, which is a Canadian indie guy that I've never heard of. Still wondering on Sister Inappropriate, there.
    you know what tipped me off to the freak being rob terry?? the fact that rob terry used to be known as "the freak" rob terry

TNA really must pay poorly if guys leave to go work at a struggling carnival.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I hope we get more Alicia Fox's sister-type moments on the new Tough Enough.
    what happened with alicia's sister??

Quote Originally Posted by Scavenger View Post
    I'm thinking the best end to Wyatt Cena at ER would be Cena flees the cage..maybe after going a bit too extreme on Wyatt or after Supering-up and still not being able to put him down, leaving shaken. Don't know if Cena would let himself be shown winning by running away, but it would set up the third act and having to overcome his fears for the finale next month.
    i was really hoping for the raven benoit crossface finish, not sure that works in a cage though.

Quote Originally Posted by chico25 View Post
    I agree with you, it's probably more of a natural result of the type of women they hire choosing not to be tattooed than them having a problem hiring tattooed women. In reality they currently have 3 women with easily visible if not very noticeable tattoos on the current active roster. Layla has one on her lower back, Rosa Mendez has one on her side and Brie Bella has one on her bikini line. They only recently got rid of a developmental girl, Shaul Guerrero, who had plenty of tattoos but I don't think that had anything to do with her release. Hell they just put the most heavily tattooed woman in the history of their company in the hall of fame.
    you consider those tattoos easily visable if not very noticeable?? layla's i've never even seen, brie's is covered pretty much by most panties, rosa i'll admit i forgot because they never use her.

lita is from another era

anyways considering how common tattoos are for women these days it still seems to me like a hell of a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    What's the Main Event? After Monday I get the impression it's Wyatt/Cena. Pre-Monday I would say Evolution/Shield. Maybe that means Kane/Bryan then!?
    i think anything would be better as a mainevent than brianson/kane. brianson vs kane is the least appealing title match since EY vs abyss.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Hanvey View Post
    Wonder why TNA didn't get Kizarny/Sinn Bodhi to join with Knox's carny group.
    i was going to say because he sux but realized that probably wouldn't stop them.

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    no one remembers him from wwe/isn't friends with anyone at tna/ cost too much.
    seriously, you think he charges very much??

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well guys...I think its time I make my departure from CBR. Or new CBR modeled after Vince McMahon's grip I can joke . The change was one I could have dealt with and grew to accept. But the changes were going too insanely far. When you can't even voice what really is a question on what is negative anymore on the CBR Forums...its a sign that its not worth sticking around.

I loved posting at CBR. I loved every moment of it as a comics fan. I'd joke and post threads having fun. I will never forget you all here. Its been fun. Now of course why am I not posting this on the Community board or saying good-bye there ? Well given that I have had 2-3 threads already deleted in a 2 day span......they don't want to see this thread screw up their "Happy" aura.

In all I wish CBR luck here. I may join the Bendis board...or I may just stay posting at BleedingCool forums for good. In all....if your a wrestlling fan I will have this same username. Good-bye everyone. Its been great.
    take it easy super.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Dat Ass!!

Yeah the whole squash match stuff may work in the 80's and early 90s but times have changed and fans have changed and they need something more than just squash matches. Howabout having Ivan Drago feud with Henry or something?
    people said the same thing about umaga & rybread but things worked out(until they fukt things up).

Maybe I missed it, but I haven't seen a TNA thread yet. So I'll just put it here...

I like that TNA is bringing in new faces. Although it might not be a great idea to bring in another guy with a giant beard (that British guy, that I have no idea who he is). Willow looks a little... healthier, I suppose. He's moving well, and incorporating new moves into what he's doing, which I also like. BroMans vs. Wolves/Sanada was pretty fun, for a quick match designed to dispatch the BroMans. Plus, Zema got some serious air on that beal out of the ring.

What I hated about Impact: Bobby Roode kicking out of a piledriver. There's no excuse for that - they're working on establishing EY as a credible threat (which they probably should have done before making him champ, but whatevs), and they just had Roode kick out of a move that WWE has banned. If a move is protected like that, and is widely regarded as a huge, dangerous move (within the confines of wrestling stories), Roode kicking out doesn't make him look like a badass. It makes EY look weak and pathetic, that he can't even polish off an opponent by dropping him directly on his head. And then the next time EY uses it, it's been diminished as a finisher. It was dumb choice, and they could have just used a DDT instead, and kept the rare endangered Showtime Piledriver as a devastating move that you only get to see in really big, hard-fought matches. And Roode vs. EY wasn't a great TV match, either, at least not good enough to warrant that.

I disliked Chris Sabin for years because he pretty much no-sold a brainbuster in some multi-man X-Division TV match years ago, and this is very close to my breaking point for EY.
    IDK clay, take into consideration the finish of EY/magnus(2 piledrivers and a flying elbow) and the flying elbow might be what they're trying to establish as the finisher. of course it's your right to hate it but i'm just saying. i thought it was a very good tv match, basically as good as it gets with EY.

Simply put, we're not going to get the sub-forum back if all we do is complain about it, and we're not going to get it back for just one thread. We'll get it back by being a vibrant and active part of the CBR community and by having multiple threads. If we want the sub-forum back we're going to have create separate threads for TNA, international, indie, fantasy booking etc etc again and probably keep this one just WWE.

If we do and they get merged or what not then take it up with the guys in the thread I posted back when it relaunched http://community.comicbookresources....ling-Sub-Forum saying that merging these wrestling threads would be like merging Supernatural/The Vampire Diaries/The Originals threads. It restricts conversation because it's going under the assumption that just because someone likes WWE they would like everything else, which is obviously wrong. For instance, everyone's been talking about TNA, I couldn't give a flying one about TNA, so can't really contribute.

So yeah, lets not complain about the sub-forum, lets just be good contributors. If merged, highlight it shouldn't be.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin316 View Post
    Simply put, we're not going to get the sub-forum back if all we do is complain about it, and we're not going to get it back for just one thread. We'll get it back by being a vibrant and active part of the CBR community and by having multiple threads. If we want the sub-forum back we're going to have create separate threads for TNA, international, indie, fantasy booking etc etc again and probably keep this one just WWE.

If we do and they get merged or what not then take it up with the guys in the thread I posted back when it relaunched http://community.comicbookresources....ling-Sub-Forum saying that merging these wrestling threads would be like merging Supernatural/The Vampire Diaries/The Originals threads. It restricts conversation because it's going under the assumption that just because someone likes WWE they would like everything else, which is obviously wrong. For instance, everyone's been talking about TNA, I couldn't give a flying one about TNA, so can't really contribute.

So yeah, lets not complain about the sub-forum, lets just be good contributors. If merged, highlight it shouldn't be.
    austin, i believe it was before your time but the way the sub forum started in the 1st place was because they would merge all wrestling threads into a "all purpose wrasslin thread" and because there was so much traffic in that thread it was always atop the page and because of the post count of those threads they'd have to start a new one pretty often. they didn't allow us to have a separate thread for WWE, TNA, CMLL, indy, international, etc until we had a sub-forum.

i don't know how much has changed but i xpect the international thread will get merged with this one soon if they notice it.

i wouldn't mind starting an indy thread but indy isn't on TV nor is it film so i'm not sure if i would post it here or in the community forum.

Self-Proclaimed Genius clayholio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    you know what tipped me off to the freak being rob terry?? the fact that rob terry used to be known as "the freak" rob terry

TNA really must pay poorly if guys leave to go work at a struggling carnival.

IDK clay, take into consideration the finish of EY/magnus(2 piledrivers and a flying elbow) and the flying elbow might be what they're trying to establish as the finisher. of course it's your right to hate it but i'm just saying. i thought it was a very good tv match, basically as good as it gets with EY.
    Good sleuthing! Now that you mention it, I remember it, but I try to forget about him as much as possible. Although if he's going with a Pulp Fiction Gimp gimmick, I'll at least give the look-see.

The match was alright. I got mad when Roode kicked out of the piledriver, though, and that took me completely out of the match. If you've got a move that's basically been off of TV (except for Bully Ray, and even then only occasionally, and even then only when he was trying to be a mega heel by piledriving people on the concrete) since forever, and all of a sudden everyone's kicking out of EY's version of it, it does the opposite of establish him as a credible wrestler. They might be consistent with it, but it's like being consistent in being an awful chef. I just didn't think the match got to a level where you could justify it. If you're going to do piledrivers, that should be game over.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin316 View Post

Hey, I threw the TNA stuff in here because no one else had started a thread. But I'll start a TNA thread right now. I'm not afraid to do it.
    clayholio

Ink Is My Perfume (art blog) - Clayholio Watches Movies (Movie Reviews)

So, NXT, did Neville genuinely have teeth knocked out? Or were they already false teeth and they just sold it as Brodus knockin em out.

austin, i believe it was before your time but the way the sub forum started in the 1st place was because they would merge all wrestling threads into a "all purpose wrasslin thread" and because there was so much traffic in that thread it was always atop the page and because of the post count of those threads they'd have to start a new one pretty often. they didn't allow us to have a separate thread for WWE, TNA, CMLL, indy, international, etc until we had a sub-forum.

i don't know how much has changed but i xpect the international thread will get merged with this one soon if they notice it.

i wouldn't mind starting an indy thread but indy isn't on TV nor is it film so i'm not sure if i would post it here or in the community forum.
    Ah ok, well that's fair enough. My main point though was that we can be upset/confused/complain about not having the sub-forum, but as long as there is just this one thread they probably won't think there is any reason, but if we try and create and contribute, push this fact that we should have multiple threads, they shouldn't all be merged, and that it's a thriving and lively community, they might think it is necessary to return the sub-forum.

Hey, I threw the TNA stuff in here because no one else had started a thread. But I'll start a TNA thread right now. I'm not afraid to do it.
    That's cool, I'm not complaining that it's in here so sorry if it came across like that, I'm just saying this (I feel) is a legitimate argument for why separate threads are necessary. You wouldn't merge Supernatural and The Vampire Diaries threads because they're both dark fantasy shows, because Supernatural fans might not want to talk about The Vampire Diaries, and by the same token you shouldn't merge TNA and WWE threads because not everyone that watches WWE cares about TNA.
    Last edited by Austin316; 05-02-2014 at 08:26 AM.

Astonishing Member

seriously, you think he charges very much??
    When Austin Aries had the belt, he was making 500 dollars a week, that was for the champ.
    So, i imagine they could only offer kizarny 50 bucks a shot.

WWE's website has a new poll up asking fans who would win - Sting or The Undertaker. With just under 3,000 votes cast, Taker is leading with 71%.

- We noted before that there were reports coming out of Japan that KENTA is indeed headed to WWE. There are people within WWE who are under the impression that KENTA has signed but that the official announcement may be held off on out of respect to Pro Wrestling NOAH. As noted, KENTA's farewell show for NOAH will be on May 17th.

Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...6wp74rEL3gU.99

i was really hoping for the raven benoit crossface finish, not sure that works in a cage though.
    Trying to remember that..was that Raven passing out rather than tapping?
    If so, it doesn't work for me, because if Cena passes out rather than tapping, it just shows Cena never gives up, which doesn't help get Wyatt over...and if Wyatt is out then it doesn't help, because his story isn't that he won't give in, but that he's pushing John to the edge, so he pretty much needs to be able to laugh maniacally at the end, win or lose.
    Static Pulse: That's why I like you. You're like four degrees away from being a William Gibson protagonist.
    Old board post count: 2,089