View Poll Results: Do you have event fatigue? Are you tired of yearly events?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Totally. I hate them and avoid them for the most part.

43 45.26%
  • Indifferent ... it doesn't change my buying/reading pattern much.

39 41.05%
  • Not at all. I love them and want to read the entire event.

13 13.68%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Depends on how big they are and if they actually affect the line. X of Swords was meh with most of the titles being filler issues at times. The main comics for it were the most interesting. A.X.E. looks crazy with all the books and tie-ins.

I think back to things like Mutant Massacre, Fall of the Mutants, Inferno, X-tinction Agenda that were fairly contained in their respective titles. Some crossed over into the other titles and X-tinction Agenda was full crossover, but it brought a huge status quo change to the major titles. Those smaller contained events were the best because you could still continue stories threads and you didn’t always have to read the other titles involved
    That's what I'm always hoping for with these big events, that it changes things in an interesting and lasting way. I don't like the line being disrupted just to fight a big bad, defeat it, and everything goes back to normal. Make the disruption count.

The solicitation for issue 6 gives me such hope, although I know it's just a solicitation:
    "The apocalyptic finale of the event of the year. It's not that nothing will be the same again - it's that unless heroes can find a new way to be heroes, everything will be nothing forever."
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That just sounds like another way of saying: Unless the Heroes can be on the same page and fight as one united front...blahblahblah which is boring and as predictable AF
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I feel like every time one of these threads pop up a new event is announced shortly after. it's rigged. lol.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Depends on if they’re good or not.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    That just sounds like another way of saying: Unless the Heroes can be on the same page and fight as one united front...blahblahblah which is boring and as predictable AF
    LOL! You're not wrong.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

No, but I have your mom and she's got me fatigued.

Sorry sorry jk, I'm sure your mom's a very nice person. I just had to make the joke. But yeah, I'm not a fan of events. I'm keeping an open mind with J-Day since it's supposed to have Nightcrawler and Jean focus. But I'd rather not have an event, even if much of the content is an opt-in. We just got out of XL/XD, a soft-relaunch and multiple book delays. On top of that, this is a long event and we have another event lined up right after it. On top of that, Marvel books outside of the X-Men also have events. It feels like almost everything I read is constantly being jostled around by outside forces.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

I didn't think I had until I suddenly realized AXE would be a 4-month long event, I feel like I would have a different opinion if the characters I loved had a more significant role in the event but as it is now I kind of wish for this thing to just be over lol.

I mean don't get me wrong the event is good so far, I'm loving it but like I wish this event wasn't so dragged out so much
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Fantastic Member

Messiah Complex crossover was good, the characters on each comics are essentials in the whole event.
    I think that was well written and they use very team book well.
    Was there any X-book event that use every team well?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    I didn't think I had until I suddenly realized AXE would be a 4-month long event, I feel like I would have a different opinion if the characters I loved had a more significant role in the event but as it is now I kind of wish for this thing to just be over lol.

I mean don't get me wrong the event is good so far, I'm loving it but like I wish this event wasn't so dragged out so much

Wasn't this mess supposed to be a couple of issues long?

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I think something that can contribute to event fatigue is the fact that events mostly take place in separate limited series these days, as opposed to the past where the action happened in the pages of the ongoing books. So now you have your main mini where the real action happens and the regular books tie-in to it with side-quests or character focuses etc but not the main act anymore. Compare that to how the Mutant Massacre or the original Inferno were structured, the dilution and fragmentation can and do contribute to lessening one's enjoyment of the story.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I don't really consider them "events" anymore, I just call them stories. A.X.E. is a story about the X-Men, the Avengers and the Eternals having a conflict. Dark Web is a story about Maddie Pryor and Ben Reilly taking on those who have scorned them. It doesn't really matter if it's happening on an ongoing book or in a separate limited series, and you certainly don't have to read every single tie-in if you don't want to.
    This 100 percent

BANNED

I like a big story, especially if it's good.

XoS was...not for me.

LivesDeaths was fine but a Wolverine story

Let's see an X-event again

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I like a big story, especially if it's good.

XoS was...not for me.

LivesDeaths was fine but a Wolverine story

Let's see an X-event again
    yeah they built up XoS to be some massive showdown between krakoa and arakko and it for the most part was just party games. it was lame AF except for the ending. Scott and Jean really saved the day there, both in-universe and irl coz it was getting lame AF

X lives 100% did not deserve to be an event and 1000% didn't deserve to be an event which paused almost the entire line for 2 months. Could have and should have just been a story in the Wolverine solo book

AXE Judgment Day does seem like a huge x-men event. It is looking very promising

I live for special events. Marvel take my money now!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelfan1992 View Post
    yeah they built up XoS to be some massive showdown between krakoa and arakko and it for the most part was just party games. it was lame AF except for the ending. Scott and Jean really saved the day there, both in-universe and irl coz it was getting lame AF
    That was also pretty generic. It came out of nowhere because its just kid cable crying over everything and everything else was also tuned over to being over-dramatic for the sake of pity heroism

AXE is another x vs x "commercial" event for the sake of overusing same popular stories. Not to mention the big bad is an overused archetype. Its been done to death. Maybe its just me being not able withstand such an overuse of character but I love Darkseid so its just seem ominous for me to see another douchebag written like Darkseid
    Last edited by Vishop; 07-31-2022 at 05:01 AM.