View Poll Results: Do you have event fatigue? Are you tired of yearly events?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Totally. I hate them and avoid them for the most part.

43 45.26%
  • Indifferent ... it doesn't change my buying/reading pattern much.

39 41.05%
  • Not at all. I love them and want to read the entire event.

13 13.68%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

I'm fine with a yearly crossover which only impacts books for 2 months/2 issues at the most. Some writers can skillfully weave a (short) imposed crossover into the ongoing plots of their books.

Like with AXE, I won't be reading every single barely connected issue; just the main miniseries, the titles I'm already reading, and any other issues that look interesting (aka none of the Avengers tie-ins).
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Welp, I'm glad it's not just me feeling so very "meh" about this and other crossovers. I think I'd be way more interested in them/excited for them if they were way less frequent and not just a predictable yearly must.

I'm always baffled how these help sales. I've sat the vast majority of them out, but do agree the ones within X-Men specificly tend to intrigue me more.

Not fatigued yet because I just stick to the Main event book and the titles I would normally be reading. All tie-ins are pointless filler. Remember when half of the tie-ins for Empyre were cancelled? Didn’t affect the event at all lol, shows how bs most of them are.

And if the x-men aren’t centric, I typical avoid crossovers like the plague

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I'm fine with a yearly crossover which only impacts books for 2 months/2 issues at the most. Some writers can skillfully weave a (short) imposed crossover into the ongoing plots of their books.

Like with AXE, I won't be reading every single barely connected issue; just the main miniseries, the titles I'm already reading, and any other issues that look interesting (aka none of the Avengers tie-ins).
    Thats not true. Only X-Force and Wolverine seemed to be disconnected for AXE. And there are at least 37 issues out there to read this book. Avengers are definitely connected to this crossover because they are the ones stuck with some eternals and sinister. Which seems bad enough because this book is definitely trying to make them protagonists of this book.
    Last edited by Vishop; 07-31-2022 at 07:08 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Thats not true. Only X-Force and Wolverine seemed to be disconnected for AXE. And there are at least 37 issues out there to read this book. Avengers are definitely connected to this crossover because they are the ones stuck with some eternals and sinister. Which seems bad enough because this book is definitely trying to make them protagonists of this book.
    you already know wolverine and x-force have fuckall to do with the event lol. Percy could not even make his event (which paused majority of the x-books) relevant to the franchise. X lives should have just been a story in his Wolverine book and X deaths (while much more impactful than lives) should have just been a story in his X-force book.

But to be fair, I think the only tie-ins that are really integral to the event are x-men, immortal x-men and x-men red because they're directly interacting or showcasing the conflict of the event whereas other tie-ins likely are simply their owns stories just set during Judgment Day, but not directly interacting with whats happening

BANNED

If there are only 5 books then it wouldnt have extended to 37 issues. Aside from those that you have mentioned Legion of X, Death to the Mutants,Spider-Man, Avengers, SEPARATE AXE tie ins with characters that were confirmed to be important in the main book that's extending to 6 books. They are all shown to be connected in the first issue. They should have just made this a limited series of 10 or 12 issues That way we could have at least know whats going on.
    Also the entire event is hell bent on making another douchebag copy of Darkseid.
    Last edited by Vishop; 07-31-2022 at 11:42 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    If there are only 5 books then it wouldnt have extended to 37 issues. Aside from those that you have mentioned Legion of X, Death to the Mutants,Spider-Man, Avengers, SEPARATE AXE tie ins with characters that were confirmed to be important in the main book that's extending to 6 books. They are all shown to be connected in the first issue. They should have just made this a limited series of 10 or 12 issues That way we could have at least know whats going on.
    Also the entire event is hell bent on making another douchebag copy of Darkseid.
    And giving people reasons to avoid as much of it as possible.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    And giving people reasons to avoid as much of it as possible.
    I was actually saying that to avoid the whole crossover lol. They are generic but commercialized as some blockbuster which is usually what happens.
    Last edited by Vishop; 08-01-2022 at 01:52 AM.

Fantastic Member

Yes. DC’s Final Crisis was my ‘final’ straw, and Marvel is/was ended before Secret Wars, the Hickman thing…nothing since. I’m ending my comics hobby in spring of 2023, 50 long years, 124 long boxes, once the Flash and WW hit #800, the FF #700, so any crossovers just bag and board..next..

You have to have time to build up before you tear down and for longer than I care to think about there's been a lot more tearing down than there has been building up. Why does changing the status quo matter if I haven't even had time to get used to the old status quo?

On top of that, there's the issue with threat scale. It used to be the major world ending threats were a rarity. There's a reason why videogames have you fight a lot of low level enemies before you have a big boss fight.

Indifferent. I read what interests me and skip what doesn’t.

- passed on x of swords. No regrets
    - lives & deaths of Wolverine. Read it. Felt like a chump.
    - AXE. Reading it. Will be an all timer if Gillian can stick the landing.
    - upcoming clone crossover. No interest so I won’t get it.
    - sins of sinister. Looks like fun. Will likely pick it up.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Can't vote...? but yes. Too many x-books suffer from these lengthy interruptions, If anything I would love for each major book to drive an event (with minimal to no cross overs to other developing x-books) and to tie-in/crossover move heavily into non X-books to build better integration of mutants in the MU as a whole.
    Last edited by Wind Rider; 10-25-2022 at 01:10 PM.

I really love the crossovers. Even if they're not always all they're cracked up to be, I love that the X-Men swing big.

I know it will never happen, but I would love for both Marvel and DC to take a couple of YEARS off from companywide crossover events. Enough already.