Thread: Talkville

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Default Talkville

So is anyone else watching Michael Rosenbaum and Tom Welling's new podcast where they discuss a SMALLVILLE episode every week?

It's pretty interesting!

If so, thoughts? Discussion?

This week's discussion was "Hothead."

--Tom greatly enjoyed working with guest star of the week Dan Moria, who revealed to him that he filmed many scenes of "The Wonder Years" talking to an empty table (the kids having limited set time because of labor laws).

--It took eight hours for the SFX crew to film the scene where the principal's car exploded

--When they filmed the pilot, Rosenbaum thought John Glover didn't like him, but the actor later revealed that wasn't the case at all--turns out the Lionel Luthor actor was just nervous the first day on set.

--Welling lost his voice and had to film a day's worth of scenes whispering, then went back and re-recorded every line!

--This episode was filming when 9/11 occurred. Welling talked about how weird it was for fighter jets to be flying overhead while they filmed.

--Michael Rosenbaum was not on set 9/11 and several cast and crew members called to check up on him, since he just taken a flight (and he still has the ticket stub).

Thanks for posting. Sounds interesting. Like many who enjoyed Smallville, the only downer is that Welling didn't don the suit during the last season - but for the finale. Would love to hear talk about that.

Are plans for a Smallville cartoon still in the works? Have they mentioned that?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    Thanks for posting. Sounds interesting. Like many who enjoyed Smallville, the only downer is that Welling didn't don the suit during the last season - but for the finale. Would love to hear talk about that.

Are plans for a Smallville cartoon still in the works? Have they mentioned that?
    I don't recall them mentioning the cartoon. Last I heard it was still in the works though.

I'm sure they'll get around to Welling not wanting to wear the suit eventually. The plan is for them to have guests too though none have been announced yet.

There's a hotline fans can call to ask questions or make comments pertinent to the episode they're discussing.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I've been reluctant to re-watch anything Smallville because of the whole Allison Mack thing but having Welling and Rosenbaum be willing to go back to it makes me willing to re-consider it. I may catch this.
    Assassinate Putin!

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I've only listened to the pilot so far, but my favorite part of this is them desperately trying to avoid mentioning Mack despite her being in every episode

This sounds like a lot of fun! I might check it out .

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I've only listened to the pilot so far, but my favorite part of this is them desperately trying to avoid mentioning Mack despite her being in every episode
    There's a line in "Hothead" that Rosenbaum couldn't resist briefly remarking on.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    That almost sounds like a sketch comedy skit. I bet they'll give her a nickname eventually.

Kristin Kreuk was a guest on episode five.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I started this a few weeks ago and have listened to the first three. It's pretty fun and interesting. I like that they just sound like old friends having a guided chat.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!