Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Talkville

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Default Talkville

So is anyone else watching Michael Rosenbaum and Tom Welling's new podcast where they discuss a SMALLVILLE episode every week?

It's pretty interesting!

If so, thoughts? Discussion?

This week's discussion was "Hothead."

--Tom greatly enjoyed working with guest star of the week Dan Moria, who revealed to him that he filmed many scenes of "The Wonder Years" talking to an empty table (the kids having limited set time because of labor laws).

--It took eight hours for the SFX crew to film the scene where the principal's car exploded

--When they filmed the pilot, Rosenbaum thought John Glover didn't like him, but the actor later revealed that wasn't the case at all--turns out the Lionel Luthor actor was just nervous the first day on set.

--Welling lost his voice and had to film a day's worth of scenes whispering, then went back and re-recorded every line!

--This episode was filming when 9/11 occurred. Welling talked about how weird it was for fighter jets to be flying overhead while they filmed.

--Michael Rosenbaum was not on set 9/11 and several cast and crew members called to check up on him, since he just taken a flight (and he still has the ticket stub).

I'm half listening to this podcast just to see how they talk about Allison Mack and am surprised at how well they've completely avoided the subject so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    I'm half listening to this podcast just to see how they talk about Allison Mack and am surprised at how well they've completely avoided the subject so far.
    There's a line from "Hothead" that gets a brief blink and you'll miss it kind of remark from Rosenbaum. But if you didn't know what happened, you wouldn't know what he was referencing.

They've both talked about it so much on Rosenbaum's podcast that there's not much left to say. neither of them knew anything about Nxium when they were on the show with her, other than it was some self help group
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    They've both talked about it so much on Rosenbaum's podcast that there's not much left to say. neither of them knew anything about Nxium when they were on the show with her, other than it was some self help group
    If they brought it up too much on TALKVILLE it would derail the show I think. And wouldn't serve much purpose since, as you said, it wasn't a part of their experience on the show.

I haven't listened to that podcast, and I doubt I'm the only one listening to this one that hasn't listened to his other one. A line or two about it early on isn't outside of expectations

I haven't listened to that podcast, and I doubt I'm the only one listening to this one that hasn't listened to his other one. A line or two about it early on isn't outside of expectations
    All I can say is that if that's what you're looking out for on this podcast, you might be disappointed.
    They/Them

I plan on checking it out. Can they really do the entire show? That was a long runner, but I'd love to see Rosenbaum's takes on the episodes he wasn't in, especially "Requiem" where they actually dealt with a non-Rosenbaum Lex Luthor. Has he even seen those, I wonder, or would he be watching them for the first time?

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I plan on checking it out. Can they really do the entire show? That was a long runner, but I'd love to see Rosenbaum's takes on the episodes he wasn't in, especially "Requiem" where they actually dealt with a non-Rosenbaum Lex Luthor. Has he even seen those, I wonder, or would he be watching them for the first time?
    There was a non-Rosenbaum Lex Luthor?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    There was a non-Rosenbaum Lex Luthor?
    In season 8.

They/Them

In season 8.

What am I looking at? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    What am I looking at? Lol
    At the end of season 7, Clark and Lex are caught in a collapsing Fortress of Solitude. Rosenbaum didn't come back for season 8, so they had a badly injured Lex Luthor on life support talking with a robotic voice and launching schemes from a van.

Season 10 saw McKenzie Gray (who would go on to play Jax-Ur in Man of Steel) as a Lex clone.

All I can say is that if that's what you're looking out for on this podcast, you might be disappointed.
    Episode 3 satisfies me pretty much

As others have said, it's been brought up several times during Rosenbaum's "Inside of You" podcast with various guests if you're interested.

The omission that I found curious three episodes in was that I don't think they've mentioned Pete Ross or that actor once. Was there bad blood or do they really just never think about him? (unless I missed it)

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I know he got into some legal trouble for drugs or something over a decade ago but nothing like what Mack did. Have no idea what he's doing these days.
    Assassinate Putin!