Spectacular Member Nightcrawler92's Avatar

Default The writing of Damian Wayne

Can I please just point out Damian Wayne is an IDIOT! His grandfather had a damn resurrection pit, Bruce has already cheated death once, his mother also has the same pit as Granddad….. and he REALLY thinks Bruce is dead???!!? Really!!!!!!

OH! And he just took place in a tournament that resurrected people!
    Pull List:

DC: Flash, Justice Society, Green Lantern

Boom: Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers

Image: Undiscovered Country, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun

Marvel: Ultimate Spider-man, X-men, Daredevil, Iron man, Thor, Hulk

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nightcrawler92 View Post
    Can I please just point out Damian Wayne is an IDIOT! His grandfather had a damn resurrection pit, Bruce has already cheated death once, his mother also has the same pit as Granddad….. and he REALLY thinks Bruce is dead???!!? Really!!!!!!

Damian age 10, "death is a grey area"
    Damian age 14, has come back to life 4 times.

It's not that he's an idiot, it more like he seems to have amnesia and forgotten his own experiences for the sake of the story.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post

It's not that he's an idiot, it more like he seems to have amnesia and forgotten his own experiences for the sake of the story.

4 or 5 (at least)? The deaths I can think of off hand are:

Batman Inc: 1
    Robin: Son of Batman: 1 (maybe 2)
    Teen Titans: 1
    Robin: 2

Astonishing Member

Damian literally says in the first issue of Dark Crisis that he doesn't believe, that Bruce is dead.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post

Hasn’t the Robin books given us the understanding is that their is somthing currently wrong with the pit. Which is why Ra’s didn’t want in it, why Talia didn’t use it to heal. Either the OP forgot or……….. Death is real and possible it can be undone but it’s real

Spectacular Member

I don't know. Even when the pits are "wrong", I don't know that Damian fully believes in death for Damian or Bruce-at least not on a primal level. None of Damian's (in story) returns were by Pit, nor have Bruce's previous returns (during Damian's time). Damian still tends to view Bruce as "Batman" (I think an argument could be made, more so than the rest of the family) and Batman doesn't die.

So unless he saw Bruce be totally desentigrated, I don't think he would believe....and even then, he probably break into Heaven or He'll to get him back.

Well, at least until the realized he family didn't care enough about him to check on him for months on end...but that is another discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightcrawler92 View Post

I'm not reading the books, but . . . can somebody be brought back through a resurrection pit if you don't have a body to place in the pit?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I'm not reading the books, but . . . can somebody be brought back through a resurrection pit if you don't have a body to place in the pit?
    I don't believe any of the Pits are described as bringing back a person without *a* body. However wasn't the implication I'm Morrison's run that Ras' body had been destroyed, but he could be returned via mystical means and the Pit into a compatible body?