Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Seeing all this insistent "soldier" talk from Bruce is really annoying when you remember Batman & Robin Eternal #22...

Attachment 123422
    i dont remember reading them eternal books i thinking of buying the lots on ebay.. any good?

New run, same old "Batfamily are soldiers, we can never be happy, I could never marry Selina" stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post
    i dont remember reading them eternal books i thinking of buying the lots on ebay.. any good?
    I thought it was mostly fine, but I'm the minority there. I still don't think it would be worth it full price.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    New run, same old "Batfamily are soldiers, we can never be happy, I could never marry Selina" stuff.
    Which itself shows Chip didn't research the circumstances of King's arc at all. Selina was the one who chose not to marry Bruce after some manipulation, and then later she said they didn't need to get married because they were committed in their hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Which itself shows Chip didn't research the circumstances of King's arc at all. Selina was the one who chose not to marry Bruce after some manipulation, and then later she said they didn't need to get married because they were committed in their hearts.
    He's probably just writing Bruce rationalizing it in his head.

BANNED

He's probably just writing Bruce rationalizing it in his head.
    I'm not excusing Chip for ill researched writing. Bruce had every intention of marrying Selina and probably would have if she hadn't made the call to make the commitment one without a piece of paper,.

I'm not excusing Chip for ill researched writing. Bruce had every intention of marrying Selina and probably would have if she hadn't made the call to make the commitment one without a piece of paper,.
    I'm not making excuses, just coming up for a conceivable reason why Bruce would think that.

I mean the whole "Batman and his family can never be happy" has gone back and forth every single run so it's just par for the course.

Why didn't Bruce marry Selina?
    Because DC editorial didn't want them married
    Not sure why the in story explanation is important when you know a lot of these swerve or subverting expectation moments are entirely because of out of universe influence

Tim is being a salty baby whining about Bruce already
    I can tell I'm going to hate him just like I did in the 90s and early 2000s again

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post
    I love em muchly. Well, the first one. The second one has some really great issues, but overall is a bit weaker. But Batman Eternal is awesome!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Why didn't Bruce marry Selina?
    Because DC editorial didn't want them married
    Not sure why the in story explanation is important when you know a lot of these swerve or subverting expectation moments are entirely because of out of universe influence
    Some people like stories and the things that happen in them to make sense.

If DC or whoever else really must do these shocking swerves and subversions, then fine, but they should at least be explained in-story as well.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

I mean, it makes sense to me, at least headspace-wise.

I hope Zdarsky doesn't write too much of a Batjerk.

BANNED

I'm not making excuses, just coming up for a conceivable reason why Bruce would think that
    I get your headspace with this, I'm just pointing out it flies in the fact of what King wrote. Chip should have just wrote something to the effect of Bruce realizing as much as he loves Selina, marrying while all this is going on would be a distraction, not that marrying her period would be.

I get your headspace with this, I'm just pointing out it flies in the fact of what King wrote. Chip should have just wrote something to the effect of Bruce realizing as much as he loves Selina, marrying while all this is going on would be a distraction, not that marrying her period would be.
    "While all this is going on"
    What do you mean by that? His work never ends. When one catastrophe is averted the next is waiting around the corner and I think Bruce knows this by now.

BANNED

It's nice to see Zdarsky using the Batfamily...even if they're jobbing...
    It was mentioned earlier that Fail Safe is Batman's "Doomsday"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    "You're not in charge of me".
    Well, you're the one who choose to be Robin again.

"Wait, does my getting shot remind you of Jason? Of Alfred? Is that it?"

Jesus. Have a little faith in the reader to get there on their own.

(I'm going to chalk that up to a DC Editorial House Style rather than Zdarksky - I've seen similar "but what if the readers are morons and can't follow a basic implication or theme?" bit of wordiness in a couple of other titles recently, and can't remember Chip resorting to it in other work.)