Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Timekeeper View Post
    Tin-foil hat theory - the twist we're headed towards a Ghost-Maker style fake out. FAILSAFE the robot has its own "back-up personality" just like Bruce has Zur-En-Arrh. A back-up personality installed by Alfred, who had previously been the one keeping the Failsafe Protocol from kicking in any other time Bruce was falsely accused of murder/crossing the line. Failsafe's back-up personality is a benevolent Alfred AI.

I was kicking this theory around before the Zur-En-Arrh reveal, because Zdarsky had joked in a couple of interviews that Failsafe is Alfred. But now the concept of back-up personalities is directly on the table. Hiding his ending in plain sight?
    That would be wild!

Still waiting for those 4 Jokers, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    At minimum he's 40 since Batman Year One is canon and Damian is 14, but no, he should be older than that since Tim is at least late teens and James Jr. early 20s.

45 is a good range.

But yes, Bruce's vitality is reset to 25 after his resurrection, but it's also been 2-4 years since then, and he's gotten back his scars and bruises
    I'm pretty sure that DC will never let Bruce get older than 35 in main continuity. Damian's age is tricky, because there's a pretty common theory that his first 10 years were vastly accelerated by Talia.

And James Jr. doesn't make any sense in terms of age, but lol.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Bruce is always physically in his prime. That's all I really care about.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Yeah thats what I thought the firsthand when I read this first issue from Zdarsky. Thats where he is going.
    On further thought I can imagine Bruce's thinking of his compatriots as "soldiers" will prolly be put to task and that whole mindset deconstructed.

Its gonna be interesting. Like with the Daredevil his guilt complex is a major part of the character, but with Batman the excessive guilt combined with all his friends constantly calling him out is kinda just annoying.

Like Tim's calling out of Bruce here, damn does anyone ever respect Bruce's opinion now?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    That would be wild!

Still waiting for those 4 Jokers, though.

I'm pretty sure that DC will never let Bruce get older than 35 in main continuity. Damian's age is tricky, because there's a pretty common theory that his first 10 years were vastly accelerated by Talia.

And James Jr. doesn't make any sense in terms of age, but lol.
    Damian's accelerated aging was confirmed but only in New 52 since they need to do it in 5 years. In the current timeline, at minimum, 12 years have passed in real time since Jon's birth. Just add 2-3 years and there's enough time for Damian to age normally.

James Jr. should be 16-17 at the end of Post Crisis, same as Tim. It only didn't make sense then. In New 52 he's 19, but there was no Batman Year One so there's no problem. Now, 4 years have passed since Damian's first met Bruce, so his current/recent depiction as an early twenties is actually a closer compared to back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Damian's accelerated aging was confirmed but only in New 52 since they need to do it in 5 years. In the current timeline, at minimum, 12 years have passed in real time since Jon's birth. Just add 2-3 years and there's enough time for Damian to age normally.

James Jr. should be 16-17 at the end of Post Crisis, same as Tim. It only didn't make sense then. In New 52 he's 19, but there was no Batman Year One so there's no problem. Now, 4 years have passed since Damian's first met Bruce, so his current/recent depiction as an early twenties is actually a closer compared to back then.
    You have a point there, but I just say "He's as old as they say he is, and they never say how old he is, so there's no point in arguing."
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Really love the artwork in this, especially the fight sequence with the Batfamily. I'm also really digging this robot villain, Failsafe. This can't be the first robot villain in Batman's rogue's gallery...is it? Either way I like the concept behind it, but also I have to wonder, has Batman ever been framed for murder before? Feels like something that would have happened over the years and no Failsafe right?

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Really love the artwork in this, especially the fight sequence with the Batfamily. I'm also really digging this robot villain, Failsafe. This can't be the first robot villain in Batman's rogue's gallery...is it? Either way I like the concept behind it, but also I have to wonder, has Batman ever been framed for murder before? Feels like something that would have happened over the years and no Failsafe right?
    There was HARDAC and DAVE, but they're all animated.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    OMAC and Brother Eye!!!!!

Also, Batman as an identity, no, but I still must direct your attention to a fairly long crossover, Bruce Wayne, Murderer!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    But wouldn't a robot built by Bruce know that they are actually the same person?

Also, I think the idea that the Batfam could save the day in the end is a nice one (though that's basically what Tynion did in Fear State), but it's really early in the day for Batman to be learning that in Zdarsky's run. But maybe he'll surprise us! He already has with this second issue, for sure!
    THAT's the twist. Batman built it...while in costume. Lol.
    ('course y'know Im just messing bout now but that'll be amusing)

Quote Originally Posted by Timekeeper View Post
    Tin-foil hat theory - the twist we're headed towards a Ghost-Maker style fake out. FAILSAFE the robot has its own "back-up personality" just like Bruce has Zur-En-Arrh. A back-up personality installed by Alfred, who had previously been the one keeping the Failsafe Protocol from kicking in any other time Bruce was falsely accused of murder/crossing the line. Failsafe's back-up personality is a benevolent Alfred AI.

I was kicking this theory around before the Zur-En-Arrh reveal, because Zdarsky had joked in a couple of interviews that Failsafe is Alfred. But now the concept of back-up personalities is directly on the table. Hiding his ending in plain sight?
    ^Ha! Love it.

time to make the soldiers hardened

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Oh, hey, Morrison's Batman of Zur-En-Arrh thing is back, and as an excuse for Bruce to mindwipe himself on building a super-robot-replacement-Batman, as I feared. And Batman is properly broken away from Catwoman because "The mission."

I'm done paying for Zdarsky's run.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Oh, hey, Morrison's Batman of Zur-En-Arrh thing is back, and as an excuse for Bruce to mindwipe himself on building a super-robot-replacement-Batman, as I feared. And Batman is properly broken away from Catwoman because "The mission."

I'm done paying for Zdarsky's run.
    If you were looking for "new" and "original" from Zdarsky, well . . .

Spectacular Member agentofthebat's Avatar

This looks so good!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to see yet another element of morrison's run resurface. love that Run.

Astonishing Member

I never cared for Morrison's run, but I love Zdarsky so I'll give it a shot.
    Last edited by phonogram12; 08-09-2022 at 02:51 PM.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.