Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Kang dynasty/secret wars. What do you want to see in these?

KD. Dialogue free scene where Kang wins and kicks avengers butts. Similar to the 2002 nuf said issue.

And you?

Oh this is an easy one...Kang take over earth in KD only for his partnership with Doom ends with Doom seizing the power and pulling a Thanos ripped his Skeleton out of him moment from Secret Wars #8 then reformats everything into Battleworld and bam...Secret Wars is all of the Multiverse against God Emperor Doom

Giant holographic Captain America (although it will probably be Sam) and Kang fight?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Incredible Member

I'm a huge fan of Hickman's Secret Wars. The main characters in the comics already have a good overlap with MCU. The audiences already have a familiarity with the Infinity Stones, so a climax where the next BP plus Namor work together to fight Doctor Doom, sounds pretty amazing.

In terms of Kang Dynasty, I wonder if they will use Remender's Uncanny Avengers run. Doesn't seem like the timeline of Phase 5-6 would allow for Havok or a mutant+Avengers team to coalesce in time. Not a huge fan of that series, but I haven't really read any major Kang stories.

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    I'm a huge fan of Hickman's Secret Wars. The main characters in the comics already have a good overlap with MCU. The audiences already have a familiarity with the Infinity Stones, so a climax where the next BP plus Namor work together to fight Doctor Doom, sounds pretty amazing.

In terms of Kang Dynasty, I wonder if they will use Remender's Uncanny Avengers run. Doesn't seem like the timeline of Phase 5-6 would allow for Havok or a mutant+Avengers team to coalesce in time. Not a huge fan of that series, but I haven't really read any major Kang stories.
    Kang Dinasty is by Kurt Busiek. The main plot is that Kang got bored of tricks and schemes, and tries instead to conquer the XX century just by military might alone.

I want the sheer sense of the rivalry between Reed/FF and Doom to be palpably the big point.

So this requires suitable build up to that.

If they adapt it too much we won't see or wouldn't understand (general audience)

why Sue/version ends up being Doom's consort, or how Strange mostly submits. etc.

I want the Black Swan thing too.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Extraordinary Member

I'd like for them to include some version of Kang's reationship with his son Marcus. (I would hope they could do that without bringing in the stuff about Carol, but since they already adapted Scarlet Witch's worst story, who knows.) The idea of Kang bringing up the perfect son and heir, whose human weakness leads to his downfall and having to kill him, is very memorable.

And I'd like them to import, from earlier Kang stories, his obsession with not becoming Immortus, and combine it with Young Kang's fear of becoming Kang (from Young Avengers). It's such a delightful part of his character that he literally hates himself.

I want Doom not to be in it at all except in supporting roles; the first MCU Fantastic Four movie needs to do without Doom (like the first MCU Spider-Man movies used less-familiar villains) and Hickman's take on Secret Wars only works as a capper to a long Fantastic Four run with Reed and Doom. So I hope against hope that they will take some cues from the first Secret Wars instead and use Doom as part of the ensemble.
    Last edited by gurkle; 07-29-2022 at 08:43 AM.

The Avengers actually working together as a team.

Niffleheim

I want Kang and Ravonna's song to be "My Heart Will Go On"
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Mighty Member

When all seems lost an Ai hologram of Tony appears offering helpful clues on defeating Doom

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Giant holographic Captain America (although it will probably be Sam) and Kang fight?
    Came here to say that very thing.

KANG.jpg
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Mighty Member

''time is on my side" original or cover version for teaser or opening

God Empress Wanda.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I'd like for them to include some version of Kang's reationship with his son Marcus. (I would hope they could do that without bringing in the stuff about Carol, but since they already adapted Scarlet Witch's worst story, who knows.) The idea of Kang bringing up the perfect son and heir, whose human weakness leads to his downfall and having to kill him, is very memorable.

And I'd like them to import, from earlier Kang stories, his obsession with not becoming Immortus, and combine it with Young Kang's fear of becoming Kang (from Young Avengers). It's such a delightful part of his character that he literally hates himself.

I want Doom not to be in it at all except in supporting roles; the first MCU Fantastic Four movie needs to do without Doom (like the first MCU Spider-Man movies used less-familiar villains) and Hickman's take on Secret Wars only works as a capper to a long Fantastic Four run with Reed and Doom. So I hope against hope that they will take some cues from the first Secret Wars instead and use Doom as part of the ensemble.
    I always interpret that as Kang seeing Marcus's humanity/kindness/sympathy, since in the end Marcus died because he could not left his father behind. Really showcase Kang's warped idea of perfection.
    I think Carol is safe though, they probably won't even have time to do that awful plot, plus, she did have most narrative protection out of the ladies.

Extraordinary Member

The final savage brawl between Kang and Cap. The fact Kang is still way over his head about his glorious ending is both sad and infuriating.