Extraordinary Member

Default Batman: Killing Time #6 Preview

Batman: Killing Time #6 Preview
    Writer: Tom King
    Artist: David Marquez

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Who's ready for the inevitable pun last line?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

(Ah yes, a classic cover with Catwoman's butt...)

DCAU Clock King feels like a perfect character for King to write. Although how many Clock Kings does that make it at this point?

The whips is never not needed .

I like that King was putting the twist in plain sight. It’s even in the damn title.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I like that King was putting the twist in plain sight. It’s even in the damn title.
    Heheh. That pun, tho.

I thought I was going to hate this, but ended up really enjoying it. It's nowhere close to my favorite of King's stuff, but it's way better than The Gift or Everyone Loves Ivy.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

I laughed at the ending, can’t say King didn’t warn you what the book was about. Kind of anticlimactic though.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I laughed at the ending, can’t say King didn’t warn you what the book was about. Kind of anticlimactic though.
    Kind of felt like saying was that it!!!

Ultimate Member

What was the plot devise they were all fighting over, again? I kinda stopped caring

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    What was the plot devise they were all fighting over, again? I kinda stopped caring
    An ancient Greek sculpted eye that is similar to the Apple of Discord from Greek myths. It causes people to go into a bloodthirsty frenzy.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    An ancient Greek sculpted eye that is similar to the Apple of Discord from Greek myths. It causes people to go into a bloodthirsty frenzy.
    But it's just junk right? Just a part of ancient greek mask, not even from Athena statue. I don't think the flashbacks to the ancient Greek paid off.

Still, entertaining series. I am not sure if I like the ending. The Help practically disappeared. Where was the Batman vs The Help round 2?

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyZERO View Post
    But it's just junk right? Just a part of ancient greek mask, not even from Athena statue. I don't think the flashbacks to the ancient Greek paid off.

Still, entertaining series. I am not sure if I like the ending. The Help practically disappeared. Where was the Batman vs The Help round 2?
    I don't know. I think King leaves it with room to believe the artifact has no power, but I think it does have power.

I'm betting The Help shows up in Gotham City Year One.