Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant 77 View Post
    So basically, the Monitor destroyed Earth-90. This means that all heroic deeds and accomplishments that the 1990 Barry Allen (John Wesley Shipp) got on there had been 100% USELESS, because the entire Earth was eventually destroyed in a blink of the eye.

Plus, Barry Allen (JWS) sacrificed himself.

The entire 1990 Flash series has been obliterated just for stupid storytelling purposes related to the Arrowverse.
    Except that at the end of COIE, all the destroyed earths were restored in the new Multiverse. We didn't see Earth 90 among them but that doesn't mean it wasn't restored either. Marc Guggenheim gave an interview where he said that all the destroyed earths were restored - in fact that was a stipulation on WB's part that they had to make it clear on-screen that all those other universes/stories were still out there.

And frankly, the Arrowverse has done nothing but respect the 90's Flash TV show. Its given it a new lease on life. JWS is a household name again, and has been rediscovered by a new generation of fans (including me). The CW's Flash is arguably a spiritual sequel/successor to that show.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Basically he went out how comic Barry did in Crisis, which was one of the greatest heroic sacrifices of comics.
    Agreed. I thought it was fitting that they had the 90's Barry be the one to enact that scene. Arguably, JWS's Flash is closer to the classic Pre-COIE Flash than Grant's version who is more reflective of the modern Post-Rebirth incarnation.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Should it still be called "The Arrowverse" these days since that show ended two-and-a-half years ago?
    Everyone calls it the Arrowverse, including the people working on all the shows. Its also about respecting Arrow and Stephen Amell for kickstarting this universe (and arguably rejuvenating superheroes on TV in general).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Except that at the end of COIE, all the destroyed earths were restored in the new Multiverse. We didn't see Earth 90 among them but that doesn't mean it wasn't restored either. Marc Guggenheim gave an interview where he said that all the destroyed earths were restored - in fact that was a stipulation on WB's part that they had to make it clear on-screen that all those other universes/stories were still out there.
    If so, I'm very glad, and I apologize.

I agree that they paid a great tribute to the 1990 series. I hope 1990 Barry will return in some episodes.

welcome to 2018.....
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    welcome to 2018.....
    I wish! Before the apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Same for the Birds of Prey-verse and others. The showrunner did state in an interview that the intent was that all the old shows and movies that were used in the Crises story were resurrected in the end, since the point was to celebrate past DC franchises and have fun stuff for viewers, not write the end of other people's projects.
    I was kinda hoping that the Birds of Prey would show up in that future Canaries spinoff if it had been made.

Is this stated or shown on-screen?
    I mean they didn't cancel Titans even though it got blown up in the first couple minutes.

Astonishing Member

Not all Earths were restored.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Not all Earths were restored.
    How do we know this?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

WB made them restore the multiverse so...it all really doesn't matter. Only select Earths got merged and not restored

Astonishing Member

How do we know this?
    The info is out there. They didn't restore all Earths.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    I was kinda hoping that the Birds of Prey would show up in that future Canaries spinoff if it had been made.
    You mean the characters in general or the ones from the 2002 TV show?

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    The info is out there. They didn't restore all Earths.
    "...I promised DC and all the powers that be that if they just let me destroy all the various different shows in hour 1, I would bring them back in hour 5. I promised that I would put all of the toys back in the toy box once we were finished. For us, the most important status quo change was, of course, combining the CW shows into a single Earth. I like to think that I’m a considerate enough showrunner that I’m not going to destroy the shows of other showrunners."

Sounds like only the CW show universes were "destroyed" in order to combine them into one, while all the other ones (e.g. the Adam West and Tim Burton Batman series, Birds of Prey 2002, the Christopher Reeve and/or Superman Returns series, the DCEU or Snyderverse, etc.) were resurrected and carried on as if nothing ever happened. I like that; you get to enjoy seeing them come back but it doesn't mean their storied ended tragically.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member

He only means showrunners of the shows that were current at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    You mean the characters in general or the ones from the 2002 TV show?
    The ones from the show. It wasn't a good show, but I like continuity stuff like that anyways and they could maybe salvage it. They already had some of the actresses from that on their other shows.