Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paper Girls

Default Paper Girls

On Amazon Prime. Never read the comic, but 4 episodes in, I am really digging it. The four principle girls are all great and the supporting characters are very good.
    The story has more twists than a twizlerer.
    Any body else watching?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I binged the entire eight-episode first season today and I loved every minute of it.

You feel for the plight of these four pre-teens who while out on a routine paper run are thrown into a sci-fi nightmare they do not understand. Each faces a personally challenging and at times grim future as they try to get home. Great stuff - 4 out of 5 stars, IMHO. I highly recommend this series.
    Last edited by Celgress; 07-31-2022 at 10:54 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Two episodes in, and reading the comic (next issue is 7)

Both are great. Has a Stranger Things vibe, but its less boring than ST (personal opinion, ST was a bit too bloated)

There are scenes that totally resemble the comic book.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Two episodes in, and reading the comic (next issue is 7)

Both are great. Has a Stranger Things vibe, but its less boring than ST (personal opinion, ST was a bit too bloated)

There are scenes that totally resemble the comic book.
    I have heard there is some variation from the comic, but over all following it. (I didn't read the comic)

When you finish watching the series, could you tell us how far in the comics it went?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I have heard there is some variation from the comic, but over all following it. (I didn't read the comic)

When you finish watching the series, could you tell us how far in the comics it went?
    Yes, I can do that. But I don't binge watch, so it takes me a few days. An episode is a bit longer than an issue of the book.

There is some variation, but thats okay. Its always a matter how you do it.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Oh, I didn't know it was out yet.

Will definitely be watching.

Astonishing Member

The comic is going off the rails right now, I wonder if the show will follow? I don't think so, it would be too expensive.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

The comic ended quite some time ago...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    The comic ended quite some time ago...
    I know. I should have said : The comic is going off the rails with issue 7 (or 8 or whatever it was). That's where I am currently.

The comic is going off the rails right now, I wonder if the show will follow? I don't think so, it would be too expensive.
    True, I hope they change a few things for the better and make some tweaks (like Amazon Prime has done with the Boys). Although overall, the comic is a hell of a ride.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    True, I hope they change a few things for the better and make some tweaks (like Amazon Prime has done with the Boys). Although overall, the comic is a hell of a ride.
    For the book its great, they can show this exaggerated stuff and its still a good read. But the show should be a bit more grounded or it gets ridiculous.

As far as I can tell both are doing great.

Astonishing Member

I just finished the show, and there is no telling where I am in the book. Just watch or read, or both. I think it doesn't matter.

If I see how far the Sandman thread got and how many posts this thread has....I wonder if the show is a flop? No one I know does even know that Paper Girls is running and what it is about.

I just finished the show, and there is no telling where I am in the book. Just watch or read, or both. I think it doesn't matter.

If I see how far the Sandman thread got and how many posts this thread has....I wonder if the show is a flop? No one I know does even know that Paper Girls is running and what it is about.
    Party of that might be a Netflix vs Prime thing. Also Sandman was much more awaited than Paper Girls.

Astonishing Member

Party of that might be a Netflix vs Prime thing. Also Sandman was much more awaited than Paper Girls.
    There is a Netflix vs Prime thing? How stupid.

There is a Netflix vs Prime thing? How stupid.
    No, he's saying that Netflix is more popular/has more subscribers compared to Prime.