Astonishing Member

Default Top 10 Super-Pets In Comics

https://www.cbr.com/top-super-pets-comics/

Agree? 10 characters

Feel free to discuss League of Super-Pets movie too.
    Last edited by scary harpy; 07-31-2022 at 02:21 PM.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

That's a pretty good list IMO with the exception of Bat-Cow. I don't feel that the character is prominent enough to make the top 10 yet.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Fantastic Member

Can someone tell me what comic had that semi-realistic scene with Krypto, Streaky, and that doberman or was it Ace? It also had a Plastic-Bird. May have to track that issue down.
    ==jthree

I don’t agree with the list. Jumpa, Beppo, and Storm really haven’t been regularly used in a very long time.

Not including Dex Star is crazy. Can’t think of many “superpets” origin stories that have made me tear up like that one did.

Glad to see Haley aka Bitewing on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    That's a pretty good list IMO with the exception of Bat-Cow. I don't feel that the character is prominent enough to make the top 10 yet.
    Yeah I agree Bat-Cow doesn't have enough cred yet to be in the top 10. She needs more appearances.

Retired

I'm loathe to call some animals "pets." That doesn't seem to respect their autonomy.

Comet can't really be called a pet--are any horses put in the pet category? In his case it's especially offensive since he's a centaur trapped in horse form and he can mentally communicate with Linda Danvers. Although, I see why you'd want to put him on a list just so you could talk about how weird his stories were. Biron took human form and kissed Linda on a few occasions--hardly something a pet would do, or should do.

Beppo the Super Monkey lived in the jungles of Africa and was never really a pet for most of his existence. Instead of him, I would put Bobo, the Detective Chimp on this list. These days D.C. is a free agent, but in his original series--a back-up feature in THE ADVENTURES OF REX THE WONDER DOG--he was the "pet" of Sheriff Chase.

Rex himself seems deserving of inclusion, since he was the star of his own book. Or one could include his predecessor, Streak the Wonder Dog, who was Alan Scott's dog (which is to say Green Lantern's pet) and got his own back-up series, too.

One of my favourites is Koko the space monkey, who hangs out with Brainiac. It always tickled my funny bone to see Koko with Brainiac. On the one hand you have this imposing super-villain but on the other hand you have this silly monkey as his companion.

Nice list

I don't mind BatCow on the list.
    Surprised to see Bitewing on the list. I get that Taylor is one of the hottest writers right now but come on! Bitewing doesn't belong on this list next to these other Pets. Is he a Super pet? does he fight crime?

I'd substitute Bite wing for any other of the many fighting/super pets in the DCU. Dexstar, Goliath[not a member of the Super Pets but I have a soft spot for the Giant BatDragon], Clay Critter or Titus.
    Last edited by Fergus; 08-01-2022 at 04:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    Yeah I agree Bat-Cow doesn't have enough cred yet to be in the top 10. She needs more appearances.
    She has more cred than an entry like Bitewing. Batcow at least has stories and backs up where she fights crime and is a cape wear member of dc's Super Pets team unlike Bitewing who isn't a crime fighting pet.

Quote Originally Posted by JThree View Post
    Can someone tell me what comic had that semi-realistic scene with Krypto, Streaky, and that doberman or was it Ace? It also had a Plastic-Bird. May have to track that issue down.
    ==jthree
    That is the SuperSons Annual #1 The Super Pets Saga by Tomasi
    The Doberman is Titus.

Mighty Member

Poor Proty II, the only member of the Legion of Super-Pets that was snubbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Nice list

I don't mind BatCow on the list.
    Surprised to see Bitewing on the list. I get that Taylor is one of the hottest writers right now but come on! Bitewing doesn't belong on this list next to these other Pets. Is he a Super pet? does he fight crime?

I'd substitute Bite wing for any other of the many fighting/super pets in the DCU. Dexstar, Goliath[not a member of the Super Pets but I have a soft spot for the Giant BatDragon], Clay Critter or Titus.
    "Bitewing" is a bitch, by the way. Her real name is Haley, named after the circus Dick was originally from, though of course it's also a standard girl's name.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Tiny Titans Bat-Cow > Mainline Bat-Cow.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

She has more cred than an entry like Bitewing. Batcow at least has stories and backs up where she fights crime and is a cape wear member of dc's Super Pets team unlike Bitewing who isn't a crime fighting pet.
    Really? Good, Good to hear!

Batcow is an eating breathing farting machine! I want to see more Batcow! She's the ultimate!!!

Fantastic Member

That is the SuperSons Annual #1 The Super Pets Saga by Tomasi
    The Doberman is Titus.

Thank you,
    three

after the top 4 they really start scrapping the bottom of the barrell to fill out this list
    The J-man